Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennika has a short attention span :P

"Miss Cain, are you associated with the defendant in any way?"'Objection, your Honor, the question is hearsay" I say as I watched Thomas pace back in forth in front of the witness. What on earth is he doing?

"Sustained" the judge says. Good ole Uncle Bill. I glanced back at Thomas who looked somewhat irritated.

"Miss Cain, have you ever been led to believe that the defendant was violent in any way?" Thomas continued.

"No sir, he a good man. Church goer, and real nice boy. Don't know what got into him"

"And you would agree that the drugs influenced his actions?" Thomas asked shooting a victory look my way.

"Objection, your Honor, the question assumes facts not in evidence." I say feeling frustrated.

"Your honor, it's a proven fact that Mr. Miller has in fact been using drugs" Thomas said.

"Overruled Miss Ferguson. Continue Mr. Adams" Uncle Bill said after shooting an apologetic look. Great, that's stellar, we probably just lost the case.

"Would you answer the question please, Miss Cain?" Thomas smiled sweetly at her.

"Why of course they did. I never seen a man more violent than Mr. James after takin' them in his system" Good freakin' gosh. I'm screwed.

"I rest my case" Thomas said and returned to his seat.

I looked to my right and saw my client, James Miller put his face in his hands. "I'm going to jail, aren't I?"

"We can probably get you off on bail" I said trying to cheer him up.

"You did your best" he sighed and straightened up in his seat.

"-We find the defendant, guilty"

I walked out of the court house and to where I parked my car. I'm so screwed, it's not even funny. I got into my car, and slipped on a black shirt over my lawyer attire. I pulled it off under the black shirt and stuffed it under the back seat of my car. I took my uncomforatable shoes off and switched them for some boots. I pulled the clip out of my hair and took out my blue contacts to allow my brown eyes freedom. I ruffled my hair up a bit, then started my car and headed off to be what is most likely my hell on earth. Great.

I parked at the curb and got out of the car. I adjusted my 'lawyer' pants a little and entered the warehouse. "Antonio?" I called.

"Right here, and I insist you call me Tony" my drug overlord smiled. He's a creepy looking man. He's straight up Mexican, and in his late twenties. I don't know if it's his mustache or some of the things he says, but he gives me the creeps either way. "So, how did the court case go, mi amorsito?" he said while playing with a lock of my hair.

"We lost. He's looking at about eight years in jail for Assault in the 1st degree" I frowned. "I should've won. He had nothing on him other than the drugs and the witness, I don't know how he did it"

"Well then mi muñequita, I'm afraid I have to demote you" he said as he started to walk towards his office. "Sígueme" he barked.

I sighed. I don't know much spanish, but after awhile, you start to pick up a few things here in there, but still, is it that hard to say it in english? I followed him to his office where he sat down behind a desk and nodded for me to sit down as well. "Demote me?" I asked.

"Sí mi amorsito. I'm afraid I'm going to have to put you with Beavis and Butthead"

"What? I can-"

"I'm sorry, but I have to do what I think is best. If I can't trust you to keep some of our best clients out of jail, then you don't deserve to negotiate with them. You'll be helping with the deliveries and that's final"

"Yes sir" I pout.

"Don't be sad, amorsito, be happy" he said as he walked towards my side of the desk. "You doing anything tonight?"

"Um, yeah, I have to go over some paperwork and of course I have to go meet the crackheads I have to babysit"

"There some of the best in their fields, they just don't want a promotion. Something to do with more sleep this way or something" he shook his head. "Doing anything for the rest of the week, I was thinking maybe you and me in a hotel for a weekend"

"Actually, I'm going to be swamped with dealing with a man who beat his wife"

"You always have to help out those pathetic creatures. You should just take vacation or something" he said kneeling down to look me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that, or else I wouldn't have the reputation I have now. I'm well respected, and I don't want them thinking I don't take my job seriously"

"I respect that" he said rubbing my arms. "I just want to respect you a different way than them"

I shoved down the feeling of disgust that started to form in my stomach. "Maybe, but I have to go"

"See you later, mi muñequita" he smiled and escorted me to my car. "Be safe, and try not to kill my two best dealers"

"I'll try, but there's not a one hundred percent chance I can hold back"

"Of course. See you next week for your first assignment"



© 2011 Jennika has a short attention span :P


Author's Note

Jennika has a short attention span :P
I had a dream about it. I actually put some effort into this and researched a bunch, so tell me if you like it..or if you're one diss dreams, dislike it(:
I'm just letting ya'll know, my head hurts from all these dream related thingies, and I can't finish my homework for the life of me Dx
By the way, I need help with the Title, my poor brain's overused D:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol. I liked it. . and way to go Jen for researching. . And really? Dreams? I wish I would have a dream that wouldgive me an awesome write ;-]

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011


Author

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Jennika has a short attention span :P

Boringsville, AR



About
Blah blah blah. :P I am no one but MYSELF. var wp_user="Jennika";var wp_size=1; Facebook page!(: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1219060186#!/pages/The-Nerd-Herd-D/112234605461716 M.. more..

Writing