Reckless Love

Reckless Love

A Story by jennilouhoo
"

Jane and Leo will stay together. Forever.

"

 

Jane was afraid. There was no way out. No way to take back what she had just done. She closed her eyes and tried to control her breathing as she hid in the abandoned house curled up in a ball. Her hands shook and her breathing hitched. Everything was spinning. She felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Shhh… Jane… Everything’s ok.”

Jane looked up. She looked into Leo’s eyes. He gazed back at her, reassuring her. In that one look, Jane knew that Leo could see into her soul. He could see everything about her, just with one look. But that didn’t scare her. It comforted her. It made her feel better. She knew everything would be alright. Her breathing stilled and she reached out for Leo. He took her hand and pulled her closer. She knew that nothing bad could ever happen to her when she was with him. He would protect her. Always.

As they sat there, huddled together against the wall of the decrepit shack, the sun began to set, and everything turned dark. Jane was relaxing more and more with each breath. Everything will be fine. She thought. We’ll leave town tomorrow. No one would be the wiser.

Just as she began to loosen her grip on Leo, she heard it; the sound of sirens in the distance.

They were faint, but she knew they were coming this way and would be here before she knew it.

“Leo…?” She asked, beginning to panic. Her hands began to shake again. Leo took both of her hands in his. “Shhh…” He comforted her.

“Leo, what do we do?!?! They’re coming!” Jane was practically screaming. “They’ll take us away. We’ll be split apart. Leo! You told me forever!” Jane was crying now, tears streaming down her face, into her hair, onto her chest. Leo just held her to his chest.

“I know… I know…” He took her shoulders and pulled her up, facing him. “You know, there still is a way… We can be together… Forever… No matter what…”

Jane straightened up and began to gain control on her breathing again. “What? I’ll do it. Anything.”

Leo reached behind him, one hand still on Jane’s arm. He turned back around with two hand guns in his hand. He held one out for Jane. She looked at him. “Leo…”

“Forever, Jane. Forever.”

She closed her eyes and reached out a trembling hand for the gun. Leo cocked the trigger of his gun and pressed it under Jane’s jaw. He wrapped an arm around her waist. She opened her eyes and gave Leo a quick kiss before placing her forehead against his. She brought the gun up to his temple and cocked the trigger. “Forever.” She whispered.

“Three…” Leo counted.

“Two…” Jane whimpered as fresh tears trailed down her face.

A single tear rolled down Leo’s cheek.

“One.”

 

 

The minute the sirens reached the deteriorating shack, gunshots rang out against the night leaving silence in its wake. A fleeting reminder of just how reckless love could be.

© 2012 jennilouhoo


Author's Note

jennilouhoo
This is, by far, one of my favorite pieces I have written, so, please, tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this! It was an intriguing story and I was drawn in immediately when I started reading :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


jennilouhoo

11 Years Ago

That was my intention! Thank you so much!
Sirens were defeated!
Wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


jennilouhoo

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
zainul

11 Years Ago

You are most welcome!
Oh, wow. This blows my story, A Wrecked Love, out the window! This was so good. I love it. I could almost feel what they were feeling, it was that good. There were no mistakes that I could see, which made it better. Great job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


jennilouhoo

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2012
Tags: Love, Reckless

Author

jennilouhoo
jennilouhoo

About
I'm a girl in love with words and make believe. I guess that's why I love writing and acting so much. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Victory Victory

A Poem by Shawna