Redemption

Redemption

A Story by Jen Skinner
"

My outlook on general society

"
When you look at me you see a failure, worthless of acceptance, respect and loyalty. For which every person should be entitled to be given a chance to prove by birthright. Unfortunately, the true concept of these words are diminishing rapidly with time. When I look at you I see cheap judgement, with a naive ignorance to the world that surrounds you. Shallow and superficial; you wonder this land blind, deaf and dumb to the existence of your true nature in this life.

As you sit and pass judgement upon someone for which you know absolutely nothing about with your hypocritical criticism that only simple minded fools can understand. Could it be that you feel a sense of grander as you belittle the person with which you could never identify with? As you spread this disease of gossip, made up of lies and fabricated tales that have been concocted of the guilt and insecurities of others, you have accepted these things to be true. You then exaggerate what you have been told as you convince yourself that this is now to be the truth. As this disease is nurtured it continues to spread and grow, causing pain and misery to all that have fallen victim to it's damaging effects.

While you have successfully turned the attention away from yourself, this does not dissolve your treason's, only conceals them temporarily. The deception that you have fed and passed along not only deceives others, but like them you have fallen victim to your own deception. For the truth in every treachery you have participated in committing, will forever stain your character as well as the essence of your soul. As self realization is quite difficult, especially for those who refuse to see the faults in themselves. With this knowledge, the probability of your admittance and acceptance of the role you have played in this plague, is slim to none.

By choosing to stay on this path of condemning judgement, you also damn yourself to the bitter misery that has already begun to plague you. When humanity was created on this planet, we were blessed with gift of free will and equality. Therefore no one has the right to judge someone else's choices and decisions in this life. There is only the personal opinion of others which holds no merit to the life you have chosen to lead. For only the weak and insecure use the misfortune of others as benefit to themselves.

As the superficial corruption of the earthly population increases, the more important aspects of life such as loyalty, honor and integrity will continue to fade away into an abyss. The endangerment of these important concepts has already began it's effects on humanity, for now family has turned on each other as well. It has turned into blood against blood in a battle over control and superficial success. As the time passes and you begin to recognize the importance of the loyalty and integrity, you had so easily dismissed before. Now as you lay and await death, you begin to reminisce of the superficial life that before was so important to you. In the end with the reaper as your only company. You then become aware of the insignificance of everything you had held dear through out your life and then you realize as death takes you by the hand, leading you to the eternity of your own chosen fate, your time for redemption has ran out.

© 2012 Jen Skinner


Author's Note

Jen Skinner
please excuse grammar and punctuation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jen,

Excellent write. Gutsy too. Your PTSD projects through your words in a therapeutic way. I can tell because I share this condition thanks to several jaunts in Viet Nam.

The grammar issues will be easily resolved. You might start a new paragraph with 'Now as you lie and await death,'

Have you considered expanding this to include good vs evil characters in dialog?

I look forward to see how this story could evolve if you decide to add more characters.

Thank you for sharing this great story which is relevant and properly timed to reach an audience of those suffering from PTSD and those whom need to be educated about the effects of it.

Sincerely, CecilA

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The good vs evil dialog is a great idea! I'm in the process of writing a story called the Castle of Nightmares and it has more of a good vs evil dialog.

Posted 11 Years Ago


In one of my communication classes I learned that we are bombard with so many messages and information on a daily basis that we have to generalize things to make sense of it quickly. I think that has made us as a society very judgmental of people we don't even know and I think your story reflects some of that

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jen,

Excellent write. Gutsy too. Your PTSD projects through your words in a therapeutic way. I can tell because I share this condition thanks to several jaunts in Viet Nam.

The grammar issues will be easily resolved. You might start a new paragraph with 'Now as you lie and await death,'

Have you considered expanding this to include good vs evil characters in dialog?

I look forward to see how this story could evolve if you decide to add more characters.

Thank you for sharing this great story which is relevant and properly timed to reach an audience of those suffering from PTSD and those whom need to be educated about the effects of it.

Sincerely, CecilA

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2012
Last Updated on December 18, 2012
Tags: sociology, society, dark

Author

Jen Skinner
Jen Skinner

Houston, TX



About
I'm 29 years old and was recently diagnosed with PTSD. The doctor suggested I start writing as a means of therapy, I soon realized I had a talent for it and really enjoyed doing it. I mainly write cre.. more..

Writing
Awakening Awakening

A Story by Jen Skinner