The sound of doors opening

The sound of doors opening

A Story by jessfoundwonder

The soft words once spoken to me sighed depth beyond measure. "You're just one star in the sky, but like the sun you shine brighter than the rest." That was all it took. I knew who I wanted to become.

 

Finding myself has been a long and dusty road, and I'm nowhere near the end. I've filtered out most of the unwanted through time and patience. It's still hard to believe that soon I really will be on my own.

 


Bringing different points of view upon the world has been my aspiration. Although, sadly, I'm an awful speaker. It's hard to be convincing when I'm sitting backstage on the floor. But that's just an analogy, I'm no actress, I'm a writer.

 

The most beautiful day has come and gone, but it's stayed with me. I was in the midst of knowlege. I wandered through open doors only to find a pen. Then the magic began. Words flowed through me like I was born for it. They eased onto the page, flowed like water.

 

And I smiled. Wide enough to touch each coast.

 

It's funny because I'm mostly reserved. I used to be ashamed of my writings because they tended to be more mature than I felt like sharing. I'd hide them under mattresses, in closets. But I'd still write every night like it was my religion.

 

But through writing, I've found my voice. Through endless emptied ink pens, over millions of notebook lines, I've found my place, and where I belong.

© 2009 jessfoundwonder


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great; i wish i could figure things out so well. it's nice to see that i'm not alone in feeling overly mature.
nice expression.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this. Its honest and simple. Thank you for your review. "And I smiled. Wide enough to touch each coast."
Very nice line.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2009