Of you.

Of you.

A Story by jessfoundwonder

Why is it that temporary happiness is so easily and commonly mistaken for love?
You and I found some kind of inspiration in ourselves. We opened closed eyes and filled empty hearts, and for a short life our happiness was beautiful.
However, superficiality has only two choices: to become deep, or to break completely.
I used to suppose that love should be effortless. I was wrong.
This wrongness can be blamed on my lack of experience or simply on my shortness of age, but experience only comes by taking risks and age comes in different varieties, and the important types come through experience.
So in this broken effort, we fought with knives in our hearts.
And I don't know what to say anymore.
I'm sorry for it all, I suppose is what you'd expect to hear from me, but that's not the case at all.
Everyone you meet has the capacity to teach you something, and you taught me lessons that can only be learned through experience.
I'm still quite naive about the world, and romantic love especially, but I'm getting closer to the answer. Maybe I'm getting closer to the question as well.
I never wanted to end sour like this. I know my effort was lacking, and I know that I'm going to miss you for a while.
If ever you feel me beside you, or experience a new lightness upon you, that's your resentment slipping away.
It'll happen, and I'd like for you to find me then.
Maybe we're the right people, circumstance just got in the way.

© 2011 jessfoundwonder


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011