Through My Lips

Through My Lips

A Story by Jessica Harmony
"

trying to capture a 30 second moment and make it longer, adding all the thoughts that were also connected to it.

"

Inhale deep, I think to myself.

Deeper.

And then I can smell it in my nose, it invades my mind, and I can almost taste it the smell is so sharp, so bitter.

Its got that older smell, I can sense it in my nose as I exhale the breath.

I inhale again, making sure I got the scent in all the way.

I hate it, the toxic smell it gives off, and I exhale my next breath.

I can’t make my fingers move to get it, the clear glass with only a sip full left in it, and my fingers finally operate, and I can move them and I clench my fingers around the glass.

The sweet smell that fills me is so good, the blood red color that makes me feel like a vampire, drinking blood, draining the life from no one but my self, really, is perfect.

It feels good in my hands, the cold glass, and the ridges against my skin, and the smoothness, like it could slide through my tight grip at any moment without shattering, just lying on the floor in pieces, the bloody color seeping from the broken glass.

I let it pass down the glass, pass slowly through the full length of it until it reaches my little pink lips.

The ones you kissed ; the ones that kissed you.

It touches them, gentle, like you did.

It tastes bitter but sweet, and I remember the taste of your mouth, perfect, soft, sweet.

I let it slide through the crack in between, and I recognize it like I have before, my lips are not virgin to this taste.

My lips are not pure; I have let this pass through my lips before.

It’s not an addiction, nothing is my addiction but you, and you alone.

We could be even better than this, because this has a bitter side you never will.

This has the regret and impurity that you never will.

I let it pass, straight through my lips.

The next thing that will touch them will be yours, soft, your tongue through my lips.

© 2011 Jessica Harmony


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. It is so descriptive, very passionate. Wonderful job.
favorite line:It’s not an addiction, nothing is my addiction but you, and you alone.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on January 31, 2011
Last Updated on January 31, 2011

Author

Jessica Harmony
Jessica Harmony

Denver, CO



About
Just another number, darling. Nothing to the world. Bet I'm a statistic, baby. Just the broken girl. I'm 17. I love to write poetry and i'm currently writing a novel. Most of my poems on her.. more..

Writing