Broken

Broken

A Poem by abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz

I'm tired.
My head hurts.
And my whole body aches.

I'm tired...
of being used. of having to clean up everyone else's messes. of being told what to do, how to act or who to be. of having to fix someone else's life. of feeling horrible about myself. of feeling like I only exist to make other people feel better about themselves. of having to repeat myself. of being blamed for things I had nothing to do with. of feeling so confused all the time. of being just good enough to get by. of living in a vicious cycle. of crying. of needing to feel accepted by you.

So I'm done with it.


My head hurts...
because I have to listen to everyone's problems. because I have so many thoughts I need to let out. because it seems like my opinions don't matter anymore. because my brain is about to explode. because I keep repeating myself. because I keep having to deal with the same problems. because no one wants to listen anymore. because of all the fighting that goes on right in front of me. because it's fighting with my heart. because I can't think of how to fix this.

So I'm done with it.


My whole body aches...
because I cry when no one's looking. because my friends are at war. because my head and my heart both want to win. because I can't stop thinking about how much I might lose. because I don't want to lose anyone. because I'm falling apart inside. because I can't seem to say exactly what I mean. because it's so hard to be completely straight forward when rejection is staring you in the face. because I wan't things to be the way they used to be, but I want things to change. because everything is so hard.

So I'm at a loss.


I can't walk with the weight of the world on my shoulders.
Not when I'm already broken.

© 2015 abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very powerful write
it pulled me in and wouldn't let go

-Dream

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 12, 2015

Author

abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz
abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz

Tampa, FL



About
I write to clear my mind and conscience, to free myself of burdens, to feel what's in my heart. I write to feel joy, to reminisce cherished memores, to express. I write so that others understand, so t.. more..

Writing