Casualties of War

Casualties of War

A Poem by abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz

I feel like bombs are dropping in my head. 
I've never fought so hard with myself. 
Reason vs. Emotion. 
Neither side is winning. And neither side can win. 
All this battle is causing is casualties on either side. 
I'm ripping myself apart trying to figure out what to do and every time I think I've figured it out... 
I'm just right back at the start again. 

You're amazing. 
I like you so much, but every time you start talking about how confident you are that you'll be alone forever, it's like you're punching me in the gut. 
You know how I feel about you, I've told you. 
So why don't I get a chance? 
Why do you agree to give me one and then put it off? 
I don't deserve that. 
You said yourself how great you think I am, so quit worrying about the possibility of horrible outcomes, be a man and take me out. 
Because I don't think I can keep putting myself through your bullshit. 

You're amazing. 
I like you so much, so I can't just walk away and pretend like I never felt anything, it's like punching myself in the gut. 
I don't think I could anyway. 
I feel like the only way to move on from whatever this is, is to let you break me emotionally, because I don't think I'm strong enough to walk away on my own. 
I'm frustrated, because I can't convince you that I care. 
I'm angry, because you won't let me show you. 
And I'm hurt, because you won't just take my word. 

Tell me that you don't really care about me, hurt me, so that reason can win. 
Tell me that you can't say you don't care, tell me it's not the truth, so that emotion can have the upper hand. 

All I want is to know how you feel. 
Because I feel like I'm being crushed under the weight of these armies.

© 2015 abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are a lot of poems on this site about relationships and feelings but I have to say that this one articulates your feelings in a unique way. It's very vulnerable and honest. I like the title as well, it ties it all together. Very, very good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


"Neither side is winning. And neither side can win.
(All this battle is causing is casualties on either side. )
(I'm ripping myself apart trying to figure out) what to do and every time I think I've figured it out...
I'm just right back at the start again. "I think This battle is causing casualities within will fit better."I've ripped myself apart trying to figure it out.And everytime I think I have it,I'm starting over again.In this instant "it " replaces your battle.These are just a few things you tell a good story of inner conflict but you seem to be wanting it to be poetic but switch back and forth from poem to story.You can shorten your phrases even though lengthy by seperating them with , You have a block buster story here but perhaps adjust it with more rhythem and flow,and they don't have to rhyme.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 12, 2015

Author

abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz
abcdefghi [jess]tuvwxyz

Tampa, FL



About
I write to clear my mind and conscience, to free myself of burdens, to feel what's in my heart. I write to feel joy, to reminisce cherished memores, to express. I write so that others understand, so t.. more..

Writing