Glitch

Glitch

A Poem by Junior Estrada

No discernaible reason
Whatsoever...

That which you were not supposed to see,
Hidden deep inside the program.
A bug, mutation, anomaly,
A glitch to annoy the s**t out of you.

You can't fix it,
You can't erase it,
You sure as hell can't even ignore it.
It's right in your face for you to look at.
I dare you to work with it,
Come on, m**********r,
I double dare you.

It's there to make your life miserable,
To keep you from finsihing your work.
A bad influence if you will
Slipping through the ventilation vent
To provide a one-shot-multikill
On all your ideas of the colorful world you painted.

Not black or white, but gray
And shady as f**k.
Do no try to understand it
And risk getting your hand bitten off.
Just let it be and carry on...

Lest you're looking to piss yourself off.

© 2013 Junior Estrada


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it,
I will start by saying there is some content here you might consider mature and as such it's selected audience bar should be set appropriately. That said I would love to convey my thoughts on this piece and is strong ideas. I however will not do so until it is appropriately rated given it's language and therefore maturity rating. If you have any questions or need any help let me know by responding to this comment. I'll see it.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel as though it is lacking a bit of the poetic element that you were going for. I mean, I can see it, however there are a few things that are missing that would make this a much better piece of work. The meter, length of lines, and rhyme are all inconsistent. This poem is very hard to read aloud.

The potential, however, is definitely there. Glitches are incredibly annoying, and writing a poem about one definitely sets you apart from many of the writers that come into the Cafe.

Also, I normally hate cussing in poetry, because I feel like its out of place in such a beautiful form of work, but in this poem I felt like it actually added an element to the poem that you wouldn't be able to get without cussing. The frustration felt when playing COD can only really be explained by screaming curse words at the TV in frustration. So, that was an element of the poem that I actually really liked.

All in all, I enjoyed it due to its unique nature and your ability to really bring the emotion felt when a glitch comes around in game to the written word. Its a very difficult thing to do that. Just remember to keep some generic elements of poetry in there, so that it is still recognizably a poem.

Great job, and keep up the good work! And please rate my review if you found it helpful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013
Tags: poetry, glitch, personal statement, self-portrait, poem, rant

Author

Junior Estrada
Junior Estrada

El Paso, TX



About
Hello there! I am an aspiring writer who likes to work on poetry and crime/suspense/thriller fiction. For now, I stick to short stories since I really do not have time to devote time to a novel. Bu.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Junior Estrada