Evolving Thoughts on Love and Selflessness.

Evolving Thoughts on Love and Selflessness.

A by Jay M. Jones

I have come to realize that the truest and purest form of love must be selfless. It is only when we are truly preoccupied with the well being, welfare, and state of being of another that we begin to unravel who we are ourselves, and what we are capable of. I have also come to realize that this is the hardest thing in life to master. To live outside of one's self, and perform actions, and make sacrifices that we know will hurt us so that someone else can benefit. To some, this is the equivalent of martyrdom. I do not see it that way. i say this because over time, I have noticed it is only when I am too preoccupied with my own needs things tend to fall apart. When You begin to think too much of yourself, you lose sight of the people around you that make you who you are. These people are often the ones you need when things are not going smoothly, and you cannot stand on your own. We all exist in relation to one another, and for one another. We create, together, a network of emotion, thought, love, action, etc. The synergy created from this network are what powers mankind. The energy created by our interaction is what makes life worth living. In order to have a truly positive balance, there is no room for selfishness. It is my hope that in time, If I have been selfless enough, I may be lucky enough to ask the question, "What about me?". I think that is a right that must be earned in tears, and sweat. I'll only know when I've cried enough tears, and been drenched in enough sweat when I am allowed to ask that question.

If I am wrong, then so be it. Man can only live according to the lessons that life teaches him. This is what life has taught to me.

Thanks for listening,

J

© 2009 Jay M. Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful ideal writing and how true I wish we as humans lived up to agape or unconditional love

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Added on December 3, 2009