A Writer's Cry

A Writer's Cry

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

The inmost thoughts a writer goes through, the side of the poem expressed that none see, hear nor is recorded.

"

Taught so early, to express the seeds of life (emotions) in writing,

To record the results which life's trials have lead you to,

But still bear no knowledge on how to record these thoughts.

Anger produces words,

Happiness, words,

Sadness, words,

Yet in the midst of all these phrases, tools and techniques,

Much remains unsaid!

So much untold.

 

Why the limit?

What then must one do to fully express himself on paper?

 

Why the trouble?

What then shall be said about expression? Irrelevant?

 

Forced, no, conditioned to withold the enmity within,

Situations influence one to hide their sadness and pain,

Yet reality makes it impossible to, in its entirety, speak of this deep-rooted, untold, heart based trauma!

 

Still in unsuccessful attempts, a writer's consistency ushers him to produce partial insights of the battles within!

 

A writer's cry, a writer's dream is to fully display whether on paper or wall, or machine the insights buried within that direct his actions and instruct his thoughts.

 

But a writer's curse is to bare the knowledge that this desire will never become reality,

Instead, he is to entertain this truth whilst forcing others, ignorant others, to believe his creation is complete.

 

~~A writer's cry goes unheard!!~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Broken Warrior


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A poem is never finished. I heard the president of the Jamaica poetry Society said it. THe good part is that we at least start it right??? Been there dude. Hated it Loved it. You a bold one for writin about it. Insightful and provocative. And that was what we all needed to hear.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the sad thing is that this too is "partial insights of the battles within!"

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yea this is true. It makes you think, go back over everything you've written and say...this really isn't done, there is so much i could add...but how? Yup yup yup.

Danni J

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

woa! I LUV IT! that was sooo...intriguing. Yea,the title alone makes u think! Loved it! keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2008
Last Updated on August 21, 2008

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing