Queries of a Christian

Queries of a Christian

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

Simply the questions many young and old Christians ask.

"

 

What are we?

Capsules of desires...

Desires? Those infamous entities through which disappointments manifest themselves!

It is said that to receive, we must first ask. Biblical.

Quoted, "He who asks, will receive..."

How confusing.

Even more so, when one considers the time spent asking, PLEADING!

Only to receive nothing.

What now? Should we, in a pointless attempt to acquire, better yet fulfill our desires continue to pray?

Does this process not only build up hope? Increase expectations?

But furthermore, does this also not make greater the emotional plummet when these prayers go unanswered?

 

Still, faith leads many a Christian into such situations, under the belief that better is to come, and convinces us to summarize, "Not my will, but His be done"

 

But still, why? From what ends were these desires derived?

Surely none can choose a desire...

So from whence came it?

And now noticing, that these desires are not our own, but given to us, why then must we pay the price when such desires are left barren?

 

What are desires?

Simply, stones, boulders, comprised of dreams and personal experiences brought forth to challenge the faith.

I question faith, not as an unbeliever but a true believer.

 

So on we trod, bearing desires, whose guarantee of being accomplished remain uncertain, yet

There, in the very midst of such a fantastical peril, is hope,

Yes.

In the darkness of uncertainty and uncontrollable circumstances, there shines a ray of possibility,

That some prayers are answered!

So is this what makes a granted request all the more special?

Does this granted desire taste so sweet due to the bitter sensation of countless past failed desires?

 

But if this is so, then who is to say what will be given, and what wont?

So what reason is there to risk your mental stability on uncertainty?

 

In the end we must realize, that indeed it is not our will to be done, for we were put here for a purpose, a purpose beyond ourselves.

 

This is the true challenge of a Christian, to live a life not for himself, but for Him alone.

 

So as one to the other, continue to pray, but prevent yourself from reaching great heights of joy and merriment based on the assumption that the chosen desire will be granted to you,

Instead, allow yourself to reach such great heights of joy and merriment knowing that even the greatest desire one has for himself falls drastically short in comparison to the great things He has in store.

 

Pray and some things will come to pass. Don’t  pray, and nothing will!

 

© 2008 Broken Warrior


Author's Note

Broken Warrior
Focus on the message

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

good message. i can relate to this because i have a friend who rejects Christianity because she sees such disappointment; one too many unanswered prayers. i try to tell her sometimes He says no, but it's sad because nothing i say seems to really get to her. anyways, this was very philosophical, nicely written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

good message. i can relate to this because i have a friend who rejects Christianity because she sees such disappointment; one too many unanswered prayers. i try to tell her sometimes He says no, but it's sad because nothing i say seems to really get to her. anyways, this was very philosophical, nicely written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

focused on that like a laser dude...this is some stellar work. seems more like one big query where other queries are derived actually...nevertheless, that's one of the dumbfounding of questions.

i've heard it said that one's subconscious can deny what one's conscious level wants and the subconscious always wins. the subconscious speaks of what one's spirit really prefers although we are not concious of it :(

"Desires? Those infamous entities through which disappointments manifest themselves!" i just had to quote that....that was just brilliant dude!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

598 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 31, 2008
Last Updated on September 4, 2008

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing