Mourning

Mourning

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

Noone lives a life without mourning. As a matter of fact, its mourning that really influences the choices made by the mass, this merely traverses the terrain of mourning.

"

Once again life plays its part by disarming the unsuspecting!

By surprise, it reminds us of its faithfulness to betray!

Entombed by ulcerous emotions,

Captivated by distractions, which makes us all the more, unaware?

Thus, turning our backs on life,

We make ourselves prey, and in the beginning, life is the predator!

The enemy!

 

Turning our feelings against us!

Using loved ones to bruise us,

And enemies to taunt us!

Fears to flaunt us,

And fears to haunt us!

Still, no weapon does it possess more dangerous and influential than mourning.

 

...

 

An inevitable state of utter depression!

Who can comfort one who has to now live a life where the few that made it worth living is gone?

Torture! The 'un-signed-for' punishment!

Vision, so drastically altered, with the tears being the tools of confusion, distortion!

Perspective skewed, simply because all other emotions, now diminished by indescribable sorrow!

 

Caving in by worthless attempts to derive comfort!

Curse those useless words!

Are they to bring happiness?!

Should phrases: "Don't worry", "I'm sorry" have effect when all they do is perpetuate fantasy?

Hold tightly your grip on these efforts,

Bind your tongue with regret and depart!

 

Count the grains of sand on your journey through the vastest desserts!

Tie the waters of the sea together with a hand held to the sky!

Yes, take on a task with a more possible result than to attempt the reconstruction of the broken!

 

Can man repair the condition of the heart?

Is there training to bandage the spirit?

If not, don’t waste your time!

Mourning. This war goes on between the sufferer and himself, and anyone else that intercedes becomes the enemy!

The third party who seeks the role of the aid, but takes on the part of the opposition.

 

So what then must be done to ease the irreversible pain of mourning?

Truly my heart disembarks to those who go through such a state.

For surely I have been more than an on-looker!

I have played the part of the stage manager as well as the intrusive audience the play so cynically entitled "Life: The greatest part is the end!"

MY parts have ventured from comforter, to mourner, to lost, to found, to captive, to savior!

 

MY soul weeps yet my eyes dare not show,

As the last thing to be done in mourning is cry!

No body of land and no strength of man would be able to control such a watery influx of emotion!

 

To those who read this only with their eyes, because at each line a memory of your past in mourning haunts you!

For those who go through this 'messy piece of writing' simply to revisit submerged memories put in hiding to foolishly  ''escape" reality!

To everyone who reads this, whether or not it brings you to a place of solitude and reminisce!

Understand that none go a lifetime, no matter the length without mourning!

 

And for those of you, the ignorant few,

Who have yet to witness such an experience of life changing properties!

Who have yet to be a partaker of the well of regret, fear, and loss of all control!

See this piece as your lesson, and refer to me as "Teacher",

For as surely as you close this page to move on,

As surely as you try to expect the next line,

As surely as God is, and escape isn’t!!

Your time will come!

 

No.

See it not as a threat, but a gift,

For mourning has its upper hand,

When it reaches you in sleep!

 

But lets not go through life in fear,

Let's by all means trod on with our hearts filled,

Lets keep the memories and dreams alive (though these can be used against us)

Hold on tight to your relationships, family, and loved ones,

No matter the struggle,

For the time will come when all you will be able to grab hold of is a photo!

 

Sadly this wont matter, for the tears will cover their faces and damage the image...

Then what? Memory?

Yes that will sustain you, but then escape you, again, then what?

 

Then you have the task of moving on.

So take noone for granted and leave no stone unturned!

Though life can use these human traits against us "Love, Hope, Emotion"

Life wouldn't be without them.

 

Life- The never ending battle to overcome while being undone.

 

~To all those who have suffered, God be with you~

~To the deceased, R.I.P, gone but never forgotten, loved and always missed~

 

"Blessed are they that mourn for the shall be comforted"

"In our weakness, His strength is made Perfect"

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Broken Warrior


Author's Note

Broken Warrior
Written during a hard time in a very close friends life. My apologies for the lengthy writing, lost in thought and emotion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

As long as your lost in thought you will never make a immature mistake. Growth comes with change and rough times. We need them to grow. This is a good poem. The length did not bother me at all.


Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good insight. Really gives you a sense of hope at the end. I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J,this piece was truly amazing....i can't stop reading this over and over...Thanx for all your support.
On the note of this poem...it was truly from the heart..
I greatly admire it...and I'll keep it close to my heart..

God is Good...
God Bless....

~~Blessed~~

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 2, 2008
Last Updated on November 2, 2008

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing