Clarissa Introduction

Clarissa Introduction

A Chapter by Jason Dyer
"

First look at the protaginist

"
     She came to Bellvue High as a junior. It was custom for her to do so as she was made a vampire on her 20th birthday. She wished she was younger on that fateful night, which would have allowed her to establish residency in a new city and start high school over as a freshman. Just like all the popular “vampire” novels flooding the market, it was true that such a creature had to keep moving since they never aged a day from the moment they turned.

 

 

      You were turned at the age of 20 and you’re lucky you can pass as a student, but certainly not a freshman. 

 

      She rolled her eyes as she surveyed the mass of soon to be fellow classmates pour into the building. A man in his mid-forties tripped himself as he was hurrying in. Receding hairline glistening in the sun, he looked around, certain to have earned a few giggles but found none. Taking a voracious bite out of his apple, he shuffled on, seemingly dreading the beginning of school.

 

      “You have two years here, Clarissa.” She spoke the unnecessary reminder. However, it became a sort of mantra for her to speak of her situation in hopes that things will go smoothly for her as well as others. 

 

      Don’t fall in love…..five straight years of avoiding that. Don’t look for others. You are the only one that exists. Discover your purpose. This had to happen for a reason. Science is null and void when it comes to you. There is a God. Has to be. Don’t kill…….at least don’t kill to feed.

 

 

      She chuckled to herself upon that last line. Last year just before graduating Hudson High, she had to involve herself in a situation that was beyond authority assumption, let alone control. Granted, Clarissa promised herself, once she realized what she was becoming after the attack, that she would never use her newfound abilities for good, evil, self-sustainment or otherwise. Some of what she read in the books were true. Some were hysterically laughable. And through trial and error, she was able to confirm between what was real and what was fiction. After having a comprehensive moment of clarity, she knew she had to make her own stand and control her urges as much as possible.

 

 

      But she reneged on those vows on occasion. Especially last year. She had no choice but to play hero and put an end to the -

 

      “Hey! Watch it toots.” Her reflective moment was jerked away by a careless bump from a young man who merely looked back, blamed her with a smile and carried on.

 

 

       It didn’t take much at all to ignite that legendary Anderson temper of hers and she knew beyond everything else certain that this was her greatest weakness. Tightening the strap of her backpack to her shoulder with a snap, she glared at the kid who never turned back again.

 

 

      Such manners.



© 2012 Jason Dyer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Finally Clarrisa makes an entrance! :-D I like her! She seems feisty but good at heart. My favourite kind of heroine. I love the way you wrote this chapter. Especially the last line. "Such manners". While the lines before that made me envision her as a younger girl. That particular line brings to mind an older woman. As a vampire, I guess she'd never look as old as her age right?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 8, 2012
Last Updated on October 8, 2012


Author

Jason Dyer
Jason Dyer

Minier, IL



About
WIN A COPY OF MY PAPERBACK!!! CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE FOR ALL THE DETAILS!! https://www.facebook.com/JasonDyerWriter/ Just some chap with a bachelor's in criminal justice yet an unlawful im.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Jason Dyer