Tired of Being broken

Tired of Being broken

A Poem by Daydreamer54
"

This is for all of those who have depression or ever had it. I hope this poem helps you, if not that, then the song I enclosed with it! If u don't like it, read my blog post about the poem!

"

a href='http://www.myfreecopyright.com/registered_mcn/CBM6A_6F348_4KHRW' title='MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected' >MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
 

It's midnight and I'm in a pit of despair.

I'm wondering does anyone love me; do they even care?

I've been cut and bruised by people and life.

Should I end it all by the sharpness of this knife?

If i do such a thing, it'll all be in vain.

There would be no comfort just eternal suffering and pain.

I drop the blade and make my choice.

If I yell for help, someone must hear my voice.

I'm tired of being broken, tired of being bound.

This depression has really slowed me down.

I want to feel loved and happy again.

So please help me, my pieces need to mend.

 

Then I remember someone does care.

In his word he said he will always be there.

He said come all who are burdened and I'll give you rest.

He doesn't want us in this state, in us he sees the best.

I call for you Jesus, fix me and make me whole.

Send your angels to heal me and touch my soul.

Your words comfort me, I know you'll never lie.

 In the morning joy comes, and my spirits are high.

© 2010 Daydreamer54


Author's Note

Daydreamer54

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a good write. Even though I don't participate in religion myself, I think you showed what some people have forgotten: God is supposed to love everyone, no matter who they are or what problems they may have, even if they don't believe in Him. It's a beautiful poem, and I encourage you to keep up the good work (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

great work!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I haven't read many works using Jesus as the light to your life being the dark. I'm very curious as to how simply 'remembering faith' is strong enough to pull you out of depression.

The rhyming I though was a little childlike, but I did like how the piece ended on a high note.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a really good poem!
Great job and keep up the good work(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow... honestly, the last paragraph definitely was so passionate and strong and it brought a smile to my face.
This is really good. I've been trying to place God into my writing, to give Him the glory. I am slowly but surely working on that. I think God will bless you for this piece of amazing work.
:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm sure after all of these reviews, mine will mean nothing. But great work. Religion can really help heal, even I as an atheist believe that. As long as you have something to help in life, it will turn out right.

I always believed that whenever you think no one cares, there is always one person who is thinking about you. There is one person who has you on their mind before they go to sleep.

And, as a side note, I love Skillet. :D Sorry for my tendency to ramble...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Truly faithful, good rhyming! :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's a beautiful poem. Full of frazzled emotions. What a great piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


depression will rot the soul and overwhelm the person, you have painted this image all to well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


absolutely beautiful really gives hope to the emotionally stressed people out there who can't really count on anyone.... simply beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very wonderful work.
I really loved reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1851 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 29, 2010

Author

Daydreamer54
Daydreamer54

Memphis , TN



About
Hey welcome to my profile! Feel free to check out my writing and leave a review and I'll be sure to return the favor! Anyway, I found my love for writing when I was in the 1st grade. I write poems and.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Daydreamer54


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Daydreamer54



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


NAFTA NAFTA

A Poem by Tate Morgan