Tired of Being broken

Tired of Being broken

A Poem by Daydreamer54
"

This is for all of those who have depression or ever had it. I hope this poem helps you, if not that, then the song I enclosed with it! If u don't like it, read my blog post about the poem!

"

a href='http://www.myfreecopyright.com/registered_mcn/CBM6A_6F348_4KHRW' title='MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected' >MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
 

It's midnight and I'm in a pit of despair.

I'm wondering does anyone love me; do they even care?

I've been cut and bruised by people and life.

Should I end it all by the sharpness of this knife?

If i do such a thing, it'll all be in vain.

There would be no comfort just eternal suffering and pain.

I drop the blade and make my choice.

If I yell for help, someone must hear my voice.

I'm tired of being broken, tired of being bound.

This depression has really slowed me down.

I want to feel loved and happy again.

So please help me, my pieces need to mend.

 

Then I remember someone does care.

In his word he said he will always be there.

He said come all who are burdened and I'll give you rest.

He doesn't want us in this state, in us he sees the best.

I call for you Jesus, fix me and make me whole.

Send your angels to heal me and touch my soul.

Your words comfort me, I know you'll never lie.

 In the morning joy comes, and my spirits are high.

© 2010 Daydreamer54


Author's Note

Daydreamer54

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a good write. Even though I don't participate in religion myself, I think you showed what some people have forgotten: God is supposed to love everyone, no matter who they are or what problems they may have, even if they don't believe in Him. It's a beautiful poem, and I encourage you to keep up the good work (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I absolutely love this. IT almost made me cry because I find it so relateable. This really touched me. Every emotion was so clear, the despair and the hope.
Should I end it all by the sharpness of this knife?
If i do such a thing, it'll all be in vain.
There would be no comfort just eternal suffering and pain.
^that was one of the strongest parts but my favorite was the last stanza that was in bold. This is such a beautiful piece. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Keep writing and sharing His love with the world.
Much love,
Tallulah

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful piece. God gave us one thing for sure and that is strength. Entwine that with faith and darkness seems to cower. I can completely relate except I've already defeated my depression so I'm okay. However, it does feel good to look on a poem that reflects that accomplishments. Wonderful job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is true. I've had small bouts of depression, never lasting vary long or bad, but this descrbed it perfectly. He was always there to help me out, even if nobody else seemed to be. Well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


When you think you're drowning in the darkest storm, however loving your family, no matter how many friends you have or people you know, there's always, always that one person who cares every second of your life. Trust in Him.

' He said come all who are burdened and I'll give you rest. '

Your poem is one to share.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww this was so good! I could feel the desire to be loved and the need for no pain. Then I felt the hope in your words as you called on the one who loves you all too well, Jesus. It's always good to know that even when you feel alone there is one person who will truly ALWAYS be there for you. He is a great thing. He created so much for us and yet we always feel like he destroys us all the same.

BEAUTIFUL WRITE!
~Manda

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love it. Good work

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I understand how you felt here. This is excatly what happened to me in my childhood and my early years of being a teenager. No one saved me from my beatings and whatever but myself. I have to count on myself to survive through, which I did. I prayed to Jesus for it to end for five years but nothing happened, till one day fought back. Depression runs in myside of the family, and I have it. Im glad that you have someone even the lord there for you. to help you through it.

Well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is just wonderful---such a strong personally liberating poem-i love it:-)

james:-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


empowering write; the love of the divine is always within us and carrying us through; silence and solitude does not have to cause despair; it can be a place of power where stillness has a chance to exist and your expression has reminded us of that, thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was amazing! I loved it. It really pointed out some true and real aspects of depression and the struggle, but I loved how you added and bolded how to get through it because He is the only way :) plus i love skillet

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1851 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 29, 2010

Author

Daydreamer54
Daydreamer54

Memphis , TN



About
Hey welcome to my profile! Feel free to check out my writing and leave a review and I'll be sure to return the favor! Anyway, I found my love for writing when I was in the 1st grade. I write poems and.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Daydreamer54


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Daydreamer54



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


NAFTA NAFTA

A Poem by Tate Morgan