Support.Ledger.com 1844 4444 148

Support.Ledger.com 1844 4444 148

A Chapter by johnyexpert
"

Ledger wallet customer help and support is available to provide you best in class results.

"
Check if device is genuine
Ledger products are built around a combination of hardware and software security, meant to protect your private keys from a wide range of potential attacks. Use this guide to make sure your Ledger device is genuine, and not fraudulent or counterfeit.

A few simple checks will assure you that your device is a genuine Ledger product:

the origin of your Ledger product;
the content of the box of the Ledger device;
the condition of the Recovery sheet;
the initial state of the Ledger device.
Note: advanced users that want to check the device hardware integrity: please refer to the last section of this article.

Buy from an official Ledger reseller
Purchase your device directly from Ledger or through the authorized distributor / reseller network to make sure you receive an authentic Ledger product. Our official sales channels include:

our official e-commerce website www.ledger.com
our official Amazon stores:
               - USA
               -Canada
               -United Kingdom
               - Germany
               -France
               -Spain
               -Italy
               - Japan

Note: Ledger devices purchased from other vendors are not necessarily dubious. However, we do strongly recommend that you meticulously perform the safety checks below to ensure that your Ledger is genuine.

Check the box contents
The package of a Ledger hardware wallet should include:

A Ledger device (Ledger Nano S, a Ledger Blue, etc.)
3 paper cards, including:
- a Getting started card;
- a Did you notice card;
- A blank Recovery sheet, of which there may be 3 copies;
Additional accessories, such as a keychain and a lanyard;
Additional packaging (unmarked foam / cardboard).
Note: The paper cards and their envelope do not necessarily carry the Ledger logo.


Box contents of the Ledger Nano S

Check the Recovery sheet came blank
Make sure your Recovery sheet came in blank
Ledger never provides a 24-word recovery phrase in any way, shape or form. Only accept a recovery phrase obtained from the screen of the Ledger device.
If your Recovery sheet already has words on it: the device may be preconfigured. It is not safe for you to use the device. Please contact Ledger Support for assistance.
 

a blank Recovery sheet

Check the device is not preconfigured
Make sure your Ledger device was not preconfigured with a PIN code that you did not choose yourself. The device should display Welcome andPress both buttons to begin when you turn it on for the first time.
Ledger never provides a PIN code in any way, shape or form. Always choose the PIN code yourself.
If a PIN code is given to you or if the device requires a PIN code you did not choose: it is not safe for you to use the device. Please contact Ledger Support for assistance.

Ledger Nano S: Welcome


Ledger Nano S: Press both buttons to begin

Check authenticity with Ledger applications
Connect your Ledger device to any of Ledger’s applications to verify its authenticity.
Genuine Ledger devices hold a secret key that is set during manufacture.
Only a genuine Ledger device can use its key to provide the cryptographic proof required to connect with Ledger’s secure server.
Summary
Check your Recovery sheet came in blank;
Initialize your Ledger device yourself at first use. The Welcome screen should be displayed when connecting your device for the first time;
Choose your own PIN code;
Contact Ledger Support in case of doubt.
Learn more
Anti tamper seals
Ledger deliberately chooses not to use anti tamper seals on its packaging. These seals are easy to counterfeit and can therefore be misleading. Rather, genuine Ledger devices contain a secure chip that prevents physical tampering: this provides stronger security than any sticker possibly could.

Hardware integrity check
Advanced users can check the hardware integrity on the inside of their Ledger device. This articleprovides a non-exhaustive chronology of the different revisions of the Ledger Nano S build. Please be aware that normal usage does not involve opening your Ledger device. Proceed to do so at your own risk. Ledger can not be held liable for any possible damage resulting from opening the device.

Initialize your device
Initialize your Ledger Nano S device to get started. The device will generate new private keys that manage your crypto assets. Alternatively, restore a configurationto recover the private keys linked to an existing recovery phrase.

Prerequisites
a Ledger Nano S with the supplied micro USB cable;
a computer (at least Windows 10, macOS 10.8, or Linux) with internet;
The Ledger Live applicationdownloadedand installed.?
Instructions
It is recommended to start Ledger Live that guides you through the process described below.

Step 1. Start initialization
Connect the Ledger Nano S to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
Read the instructions on the screen. Press both buttons simultaneously to proceed.
Press the right button located above the validation icon when Configure as new device? is displayed. 
Step 2. Choose a PIN code
Firmware version 1.3 or higherrequires a PIN code between 4 and 8 digits long.
Firmware version 1.2 or lower requires a 4-digit PIN code.
To set your PIN

Press both buttons whenChoose a PIN is displayed on the device.
Press the right or left button to choose the first digit of your PIN code.
Press both buttons to select the digit.
Repeat the process until all digits of your PIN code are selected.
Select the check icon (?) and press both buttons to confirm the pincode.
 

Step 3. Save your recovery phrase
Your 24-word recovery phrase will now be displayed word by word on the Ledger Nano S screen. Be careful, your recovery phrase will be displayed only once.

Take the blankRecovery sheet supplied in the box.
Write down the first word (Word #1) on theRecovery sheet. Verify that you have copied it correctly in position 1.
Press the right button to move to the second word (Word #2). Write it in position 2 on the Recovery sheet. Verify that you've copied it correctly.
Repeat the process until the twenty-fourth word (Word #24).Confirm your recovery phrase will be shown on the screen after word 24.
Select the requested word by navigating with the left or right button. Validate the word by pressing both buttons. Repeat this step for each requested word.
Your device is now ready is shown once you've successfully completed the initialization.
Tip: Install theRecovery Checkapp to verify your recovery phrase again. 

 

 

Next steps
Optimizeyour account security.
Use the Managerin Ledger Live to install apps on your device.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
Update Ledger Nano S firmware
The update to firmware version 1.4.2 introduces minor security as well as user experience improvements. Please check our blog post for full details on the changes included in this update.

  Check our update FAQ for troubleshooting tips.

Before you start
Make sure you havedownloaded and installed Ledger Live.
Ensure your 24-word recovery phrase is accessible if your device is already initialized.
Instructions
A notification button will appear if a firmware update is available for your device.

 

Click onUpdate.
ClickContinueonce you've read the release notes.
Your device will now display:update firmware, theversionnumber and theIdentifier.
Check that the first and last 4 characters of theIdentifiershown in Ledger Live are the same as those on your Ledger device.

Press the right button on your device to install the firmware.
Enter your PIN code to confirm.
Disconnect the USB cable when your device displaysMCU firmware is outdated.
Press the left button on your device and hold it while you reconnect the USB cable.
Release the button onceBootloaderis displayed. Wait until the confirmation window appears:Firmware updated.
Re-install apps on your device. 
Restore a configuration
Restore a configuration on a Ledger Nano S device to restore, replace or clone a device. The Ledger Nano S will recover the private keys associated with an existing recovery phrase.

Note: Initialize your device to generate new private keys and save the associated recovery phrase.

Before you start
Get the recovery phrase to restore. BIP39/BIP44 recovery phrases are supported.
Update to the latest firmware version.
Verify your computer has:
- at least Windows 7, macOS 10.8 or Linux.
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports.
- an internet connection.
Start restoration
Connect the Ledger Nano S to your computer using the micro USB/USB cable.
Press both buttons simultaneously as instructed on the device.
Press the left button located above the cancel icon when asked Configure as new device?
Press the right button located above the validation icon to select Restore a configuration?
Choose a PIN code
The length of the required PIN code varies:

Firmware version 1.3 or higher requires a PIN code between 4 and 8 digits long;
Firmware version 1.2 or lower requires a 4-digit PIN code.
To set your PIN code:

Press both buttons when Choose a PIN code is shown on the device.
Press the right or left button to choose the first digit of your PIN code.
Press both buttons to select the digit.
Repeat the process until all digits of your PIN code are selected.
Select the check icon (?) and press both buttons to enter the PIN code.
Enter the PIN code again to confirm.
 

Enter recovery phrase
Press the right button to choose the length of your recovery phrase (12, 18 or 24 words). Press both buttons to enter.
Choose the first letter of Word #1 by pressing the right or left button. Press both buttons to select the letter.
Select the second letter of Word #1. Repeat until the device shows suggested words to choose from.
Choose Word #1 from the suggested words. Press both buttons to select it.
Repeat the process for each word of your recovery phrase.
Your device is now ready is displayed if you've successfully entered your recovery phrase.
 

If your recovery phrase is not valid
Make sure the correct recovery phrase length is selected. Always enter all words of a recovery phrase.
Verify that the order of the words entered on the device matches the order written on your Recovery sheet.
Check that all the words of your recovery phrase are on the BIP39 word list.
Next steps
You've successfully restored a configuration on your device. You may proceed to:

Optimize your account security.
Use the Manager in Ledger Live to install apps on your device.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Optimize your account security
Ledger products have a combination of hardware and software security features to protect your crypto assets from potential attacks. Follow the guidelines below to benefit from the optimal level of security offered by your Ledger Nano S device.

Secure your PIN code
During the initialization process you choose a PIN.

ALWAYS

Choose a PIN code by yourself.
Enter your PIN code out of sight.
Change your PIN code if needed.
Remember that three wrong PIN code entries in a row will reset the device.
NEVER

Use an easy PIN code like 0000, 123456, or 55555555.
Share your PIN code with anyone else.
Use a PIN code you did not choose yourself.
Store your PIN code on a computer or phone.
Secure your 24-word recovery phrase
The 24-word recovery phrase is the only backup to your crypto assets.

ALWAYS

Ensure your 24-word recovery phrase is obtained from the device screen.
Create multiple written copies of the recovery phrase.
Store the copies of the recovery phrase in secure locations, out of sight.
NEVER

Enter the 24-word recovery phrase into your computer or phone.
Take a picture of the 24-word recovery phrase.
Share your recovery phrase with anyone else.
Learn more
Maximize your account security with a passphrase (advanced users).
Contact Ledger Support when in doubt.
Discover our security layers
1. Ledger does not know your private keys

Ledger utilizes a decentralized wallet system. You generate the private keys on your Ledger device during the initialization process, and they are then stored within the Secure chip of your Ledger device. Ledger never has the opportunity  to make a copy of your private keys.

2. No one can access your secrets

Your private keys are held in a Secure chip, and they never leave it. Whenever a transaction is signed within the Secure chip, the private keys never become visible to the computer the Ledger device is connected to. A compromised computer will never be able to access the contents of the Secure chip.

3. Personal PIN code

Every time you connect the Ledger device to the your computer’s USB port, you need to enter a PIN code. If you fail to enter the proper PIN code three times, and the Ledger Device will reset, erasing all of its entire contents. A malware cannot reset the wallet by sending three wrong PIN codes because before trying a new PIN code it is necessary to physically unplug and replug the wallet into the USB port.

4. Two verifications

Every time you want to authenticate a transaction, a second verification is made. With a Ledger Nano or a Ledger HW.1, you need to enter a code stored on a separate offline card, providing an additional off-line security mechanism for the Ledger device. With the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue, manual consent is required on your device’s screen to sign the transaction. There is no known attack vector that could result in the exposure of your private keys or cryptocurrencies. Even if your computer was completely compromised and was able to replace the receiving address of a transaction on its own, the second factor verification would prevent that from happening.

5. Backup

During the initialization process of the Ledger Wallet, a passphrase is generated and given to you (a sequence of 24 random words). This passphrase allows you to retrieve your cryptocurrencies  should your Ledger device be stolen, lost, or damaged.

6. Entropy (randomness) generator

The Nano S and Blue use a ST RNG chip to generate the entropy used to create the seed. The ST RNG has been evaluated by a 3rd party laboratory and obtained highest level certifications EAL5+, AIS-31. This methodology includes a mathematical proof of randomness and very large number of tests. The RNG is tested under various conditions of temperatures, frequency, voltage and must pass all the statistical tests. It also includes randomness defects and attacks detection mechanisms. AIS31 certified RNG are the best RNG in the world in terms of entropy, and ensure a proper seed generation using the highest possible level of randomness.

What if Ledger goes out of business?

If Ledger shuts down all its activities, the Ledger Chrome app will most probably stop to function as our API servers would be stopped.

However, this would only be an inconvenience, as your bitcoins would stay completely safe so long as you have your 24 words recovery phrase.

With your recovery sheet, and your 24 words, you can anytime restore your accounts on any other compatible wallet.

Set up and use Electron Cash
Set up and use theElectron Cash desktop application to manage Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Electron Cash supports the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Install the latest versionof the Bitcoin app on your device, since Bitcoin Cash requires it.
Install the latest Bitcoin Cash app on your device.
Step by step instructions
Install Electron Cash
Go toElectronCash.org.
Download Electron Cash for your operating system.
Select your operating system:
Windows:move the downloaded .exe file to your applications folder.
Mac:open the downloaded .dmg file and move it to your applications folder.
Linux:followthese instructions.
Connect to Ledger device
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open the Bitcoin Cash app.
Launch Electron Cash from your applications folder. The install wizard opens.
Leave the default wallet name and clickNext.
SelectStandard walletand clickNext.
At the keystore screen, selectUse a hardware device and clickNext.
Select your Ledger device and clicknext.
Leave the derivation path as default (m/44'/145'/0') and clickNext.
Your addresses are generated and voilà! Your account balances are shown in theHistorytab. You can now manage your BCH from your Ledger device using Electron Cash.

Receive BCH
  Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.

Instructions
Open theReceive tab.
Copy and share theReceiving address with the person or service that will transfer to your account. Make sure youdouble-checkthe address if you copy and paste it.
Send BCH
  Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.

Instructions
Open theSend tab.
Enter the recipient address in thePay to field. Pleaseverify the addresswhen you copy and paste.
Enter theAmount to send and select the network fees.
ClickSend. Check the amount and fees, then confirm by clickingYes.
Verify the amount, receiving address and fees all displayed on your device.
If everything is correct, confirm the transaction by pressing the right button to sign it. 
Set up and use MyCrypto
Set up and use MyCrypto to manage tokens on various blockchains based on Ethereum, such as ETH, ETC, ERC20 tokens, POA, RSK and UBQ. MyCrypto supports the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue directly on Google Chrome.

Before you start
Install the latest crypto asset app on your deviceusing the Managerin Ledger Live.
Activatecontract data in the settings of the app if you want to send ERC-20 tokens, elseinvalid status 6a80is returned.
Step by step instructions
Connect to Ledger device
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open the app of the crypto asset to manage.
Go to MyCrypto.com.
Select the crypto asset network in the top-right corner. Ethereum is selected by default.
Click Ledger.
Click Connect to Ledger Wallet.
 

Select an address
Select theCustomoption at the bottom of the drop-down list.
Enter the derivation path of your account.
Accounts created in Ledger Live
To add your second or third account, replace the 0 by 1, then 2, etc.  
ETH: m/44'/60'/0’/0 
ETC: m/44’/61'/0’/0
Accounts created in Ledger Wallet Ethereum
ETH: m/44'/60'/0'
ETC: m/44'/60'/160720'/0'/0
Click the green validation checkmark.
Click the address to manage. Click Moreto view the next addresses. 
ClickUnlock.
And voilà! You can now manage your crypto assets.

 

Receive crypto assets
Your account balances are shown in the column on the right.

The account address is shown in the column on the right-hand side in MyCrypto.
Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.
To receive safely:

ClickDisplay address on Ledger. Please verify that the address shown on your Ledger device matches the address shown in MyCrypto. Press the right button on your device if it is correct.
Copy and share theAccount Address with the person or service that will transfer to your account. Make sure youdouble-checkthe address if you copy and paste it.
 

Send crypto assets
Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.

Enter theTo Address. Pleaseverify the addresswhen you copy and paste. 
Enter theAmount and set the transaction fees with the slider.
ClickSend Transaction. 
Verify the amount, address and fees on your Ledger device.
If all details are correct, press the right button to sign the transaction. A confirmation window will appear so you can check the transaction details a final time.
ClickSend to confirm. The signed transaction will then be broadcasted to the network.
  Invalid status 6a80: Set contract data toYesin the settings of the Ethereum app to send ERC-20 tokens.

Send and receive crypto assets
In order to be able to send and receive cryptocurrencies using your Ledger Nano S, you must first initialize your device. Once initialized you will need to download the Ledger Manager application, along with the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet, Ledger Ethereum Wallet, or Ledger Ripple Wallet (more information about cryptocurrencies and wallets compatibility on this link) using the instructions below:

1. the Ledger Manager: go to this page in your Chrome browser, and click on "Available on Chrome" to download and install it.

2. the Ledger Bitcoin Chrome app: go to this page in your Chrome browser, and click on "Available on Chrome" to download and install it.

3. the Ledger Ethereum Chrome app: go to this page in your Chrome browser, and click on "Available on Chrome" to download and install it.

4. the Ledger Ripple app: go to this page , and click on "Download Now" to install Ledger Live and manage your XRP.

Once the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet (or Ledger Ethereum Wallet or Ledger Ripple Wallet) Chrome application is installed on your computer:

1. Connect your Ledger Nano S to a USB port on your computer and enter your PIN code

2. Launch your Ledger Bitcoin, (Ethereum, or Ripple) Wallet Chrome application

3. Open the cryptocurrency app of your choice on your Ledger Nano S (downloaded from your Ledger Manager application onto your Ledger Nano S)

Then you can see your account and manage your coins. If you want to manage other coins or applications with your Nano S, you can manage your applications through the Ledger manager. See here how to use it.

How to transfer Bitcoins to your Ledger Wallet

When you want to receive coins, you just have to provide your address to the payer. Your Ledger Nano S does not need to be connected as the transaction is made on the blockchain, not on the device itself. Next time you connect your wallet, it will synchronize to the blockchain to display all of your past operations and your balance.

To receive cryptocurrencies on your Ledger Wallet you will need to locate your Bitcoin (or Ether, Ripple, etc.) address. To find your Bitcoin address follow the instructions listed below:

1. Connect your Ledger device

2. Enter your PIN code

3. Open the Bitcoin application on your device

4. Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer

5. Click on "Receive", a popup window opens

6. Copy the "Bitcoin address" which is displayed

7. Paste this address into the send/receiving address of the Bitcoin wallet that currently holds your coins

8. Verify that you have the correct address as sending cryptocurrencies to the wrong address could result in the loss of the coins


Your Ledger Bitcoin wallet generates a new address each time you want to receive a payment, thanks to the Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) support. Each address generated by your wallet is yours forever, you can use them several times or just once at your convenience, it won't cause problems although it may be safer to use each address only once.

Check outthis articleto learn more about Ledger and the blockchain ecosystem.


How to send a Bitcoin payment from my Nano S to a different wallet

1. Connect your Ledger Nano S

2. Enter your PIN code

3. Open the Bitcoin app on your Nano S (right click)

4. Launch your Ledger Bitcoin (Ethereum, Ripple) Wallet Chrome application on your computer

5. Click on "Send", and a popup window will open

6. Fill in the required fields: amount, recipient address (you can paste or scan), level of fees

7. Click on the "Send" button

8. Your Nano S requires your manual consent to authenticate this transaction: press the right button (above the "V" check icon) to confirm and initiate your transaction once you have verified the details of your transaction are right and wait until your Chrome app displays "validated"

9. Your transaction is validated and will be tracked on the Blockchain as soon as it is confirmed by miners in accordance with Bitcoin protocol. While waiting for this confirmation, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.

List of supported applications
To open and manage a wallet, you need to :

launch the wallet application on your computer,
open the dedicated companion application on your Nano S to unlock and synchronize the wallet.
So for each wallet you need 2 applications: 1 on your computer or browser, 1 on your Ledger Nano S.

APPLICATIONS ON YOUR NANO S
Your Nano S is a multi-application device, so you can install and uninstall several applications on it, like Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP a.k.a Ripple, and many other ones (altcoins, authentication, etc.), some of them provided by Ledger, some of them by other companies.

By default, your Nano S has some applications already installed:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
and FIDO U2F
They can be removed, replaced, and you can add new applications thanks to the the Ledger Manager, which is like a free app store to download and delete your applications.

WARNING

Note that your Nano S can hold about 5 applications at the same time, but you can deal with many more applications - as many as stated on the Ledger Manager - by removing and installing the ones you need to manage. Removing an application won't make you lose your coins: you will be able to see your balance and transact as soon as the coin application has been installed again.

Install the Ledger Manager on your computer:
In your Chrome browser,go to this page
Click on "Add to Chrome"
Launch the Ledger Manager
See: how to launch the application once it is installed 
Remove the applications you don't want by clicking on the bin, install the ones you need by clicking on the green arrow
See: how to use the Ledger Manager
LEDGER APPLICATIONS ON YOUR COMPUTER
Ledger provides 3 different Ledger Wallet applications to download.

Ledger Wallet Bitcoin
Follow the guide to install and use it: How to install and use the Bitcoin Chrome application
It supports
Bitcoin
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
Komodo
Litecoin
Stratis
Dash 
Zcash
PivX
Viacoin
Vertcoin

Ledger Wallet Ethereum
Follow the guide to install and use it: How to install and use Ethereum and Ethereum Classic
It supports
Ethereum (single account)
Ethereum Classic (single account)
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on YES.

Ledger Wallet XRP
Follow the guide to install and use it: How to install and use XRP a.k.a Ripple
It supports
XRP a.k.a Ripple
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on YES.
THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS ON YOUR COMPUTER
There are also applications not provided by Ledger but by third-party, that can be used with the Nano S. Your private keys remain securely held by the Ledger device while transacting on such integrated wallets.
MyEtherWallet
Follow here the guide to install and use it: How to use MyEtherWallet with Ledger
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on YES.
It supports
Ethereum (multiple addresses and accounts)
Ethereum Classic (multiple addresses and accounts)
Expanse (multiple addresses and accounts)
andall ERC20 tokens (multiple addresses and accounts) like Expanse (EXP), Golem (GNT), Iconomi (ICN), Augur (REP), and hundreds of tokens.

GreenBits / GreenAddress
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on YES.
It supports 
Bitcoin 

Mycelium (Android)
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on NO.
Follow the guide to install and use it: How to use your Ledger on Android with Mycelium
It supports 
Bitcoin 

Electrum
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on NO.
Follow the guide to install and use it: How to use Electrum with your Nano S
It supports 
Bitcoin

Ark
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on YES.
Follow here the guide to install and use it:How to install and use Ark with my Ledger
It supports 
Ark

Ubiq
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Nano S must havethe "browser support" option set on YES.
Follow the guide to install and use it:How to install and use Ubiq (UBQ)
It supports 
Ubiq

Please note that the Ledger Authenticator application is not required with the Nano S, this app is only suited for Nano and HW.1.
If a transaction has two outputs
When you send a Bitcoin transaction, you send an output from a former transaction, becoming an input of a new transaction. When the output of a transaction is used as the input of another transaction, it must be spent in its entirety. Sometimes the coin value of the output is higher than what the user wishes to pay. In this case, the client generates a new Bitcoin address, and sends the difference back to this address. This is known as change. See https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change to know more about this important Bitcoin protocol topic.

These operations are normally calculated and done all-in-once when you send a transaction from your Ledger wallet. In some cases, a minor bug can make these outputs visible on your device, requiring 2 authentication on your side instead of one. If 2 outputs are displayed on your Ledger device, the second output (Output #2) is the one corresponding to your change address, to send the rest of your bitcoins to yourself.

If this happens, it is likely because you use a Segwit address with an old version of the Chrome application, not adapted to Segwit.


If so, you need to update your Chrome application by removing and reinstalling it:

In your Chrome browser go to chrome://extensions/

Click on the bin below "Ledger Wallet Bitcoin"

Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ledger-wallet-bitcoin/kkdpmhnladdopljabkgpacgpliggeeaf

Click on the "Add to Chrome" blue button and launch it again

Receive mining proceeds
Participants in mining activities may want to securely store their mining proceeds by using a Ledger device. This article explains why sending a large amount of small transactions to a hardware wallet is troublesome, offers potential solutions and provides instructions on how to properly send mining proceeds to an address controlled by your Ledger device.   

  Failing to follow these instructions may lead to your funds becoming inaccessible on a Ledger device.

Receiving many small transactions is troublesome 
Receiving a large number of small payments, or dust payments, on an address controlled by your hardware wallet causes:

the saturation of the synchronization of your Blockchain transactions; and
an extremely long duration of transaction construction or validation.
Therefore, hardware wallets are not directly suited for receiving a large amount of small transactions, such as the proceeds of mining activities.

Imagine that you have received 1,000 payments of 0.001 BTC and that you want to spend the total of 1 BTC. The secure chip in the hardware wallet will then have to construct a transaction of 1,000 inputs and sign each single input. This might take a few hours or might not succeed at all, since the chip may overheat or make a computation error.

If you've received a lot of small payments
If you have already sent a large number of small payments to your hardware wallet:

Try to consolidate your coins by sending a few larger payments to yourself. For example, if you have received 1,000 times 0.001 BTC, consolidate these inputs by sending 0.1 BTC to yourself and repeat this 10 times.
Alternatively, import your 24-word recovery phrase into a software wallet, preferably an offline one, and empty your wallet into an address that is derived from a newly generated seed. 
Batch transactions to prevent problems 
Set up a software wallet that receives the small payments;
Regularly batch these proceeds into a larger transaction to send onto a hardware wallet. 
Set up and use Electrum
Electrum (from version 2.7.0) features support for the Ledger Nano S (Linux, Windows, OS X).

Install Electrum

Download and install Electrum from the official site.

Configure Electrum

Select "Standard wallet"

 

Connect your Nano S to your computer, enter the PIN and select the Bitcoin app.

Then select "Use a hardware device"

 

Once your Ledger Nano S is detected:

 

Press "Next", and select your "Account Number". If you are not sure, leave the field with "0", otherwise enter the index of the account you want to import.

 

Click on "Next", and Electrum will synchronize your account. Depending on your connection and the server, it may take from a few minutes to half an hour.

Once the synchronization process is finished, you can use Electrum normally.

Sending a transaction

When you want to sign a transaction, you must validate it on your Ledger Nano S.

 

 

Important archlinux user note

installation of python2-btchip is required to detect the Ledger Nano S.

Important Ubuntu user note

These additional steps are required on Ubuntu 16.04:

- apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev
- apt-get install libudev-dev
- ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so
- pip install btchip-python

Set up your device with EtherDelta
 

Ledger does not do customer support for EtherDelta, if you have issues with your transactions from or to EtherDelta you need to contact them (https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/7dpqz2/etherdelta_support_chat_guides_for_new_users/). 

Close all programs on your computer, go to EtherDelta.com and follow this procedure:

- On the top right corner of the screen click on “Select Account”.

 

- Choose “Ledger Nano S”.

 

- Follow the instructions on your computer screen. In your Ledger Nano S you need to go to the settings of the Ethereum application on your Ledger device and set "Contract Data" to "Yes".

 

- Once plugged in you will see your Ethereum public address, with your ETH balance, and the name "Ledger" on the top right corner of your computer screen.

Important notice: EtherDelta does not access your Ledger private keys, it does not have the ability to do so. Your Ledger private keys allow you to sign transactions.

 

- On the left side of your computer screen you will see your Ethereum and token balances.

 

- If you unplug the device while you are connected to EtherDelta you will be able to see your balance but you will not be able to make transactions.

Connect with Radar Relay
 

Radar Relay maintains a Øx order book and provides a simple interface to facilitate signing, finding, and filling Øx orders via browser interface.

To know how to connect your Ledger Nano S to Radar Relay pleasefollow this link.

Set up and use MyEtherWallet
Set up and use MyEtherWallet (MEW) to manage tokens on various blockchains based on Ethereum, such as ETH, ETC, ERC20 tokens, POA, RSK and UBQ. MyEtherWallet supports the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue directly on Google Chrome.

Before you start
Install the latest Ethereum app on your deviceusing the Managerin Ledger Live.
Activatecontract data in the settings of the app if you want to send ERC-20 tokens, elseinvalid status 6a80is returned.
Step by step instructions
Connect to Ledger device
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open the app of the crypto asset to manage.
Go to MyEtherWallet.com.
Select the crypto asset network in the top-right corner. Ethereum is selected by default.
Click theSend Ether & Tokens tab.
Click Ledger Wallet.
Click the Connect to Ledger Walletbutton.
 

Select derivation path
Select which HD derivation path and address to manage in the popup window.
Ledger Live creates new ETH accounts in the path: m/44'/60'/0'/0.
Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome App uses the path: m/44'/60'/0'.
ClickUnlock your Wallet.
 

And voilà! You can now manage crypto assets on various blockchains based on Ethereum.

Receive crypto assets
Your account balances are shown in the column on the right.

The account address is shown in the column on the right-hand side in MEW.
Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.
To receive safely:

ClickDisplay address on Ledger. Please verify that the address shown on your Ledger device matches the address shown in MEW. Press the right button on your device if it is correct.
Copy and share theAccount Address with the person or service that will transfer to your account. Make sure youdouble-checkthe address if you copy and paste it.
 

Send crypto assets
Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.

Enter theTo Address. Pleaseverify the addresswhen you copy and paste. 
Enter theAmount to Send and keep the gas limit at the default 21000.
ClickGenerate Transaction. 
Verify the amount, address and fees on your Ledger device.
If all details are correct, confirm the transaction to sign it. The raw and signed transaction will then be displayed in MEW. 
ClickSend transaction. A final confirmation popup will appear so you can check the transaction details a final time.
Click theblue button. The signed transaction will now be broadcasted to the network.
  Invalid status 6a80: Set contract data toYesin the settings of the Ethereum app to send ERC-20 tokens.

Ledger Bitcoin Wallet on Android
Devices compatibility : Nano S and Blue.

Ledger Bitcoin Wallet with MyCelium

Important notice: in some case the change value will be shown on the Nano S or Blue screen instead of the payment value. This will be fixed in an upcoming release on the onboard Bitcoin app.

Please note that Mycelium does not support Segwit BTC addresses. 

Mycelium is compatible with the Ledger Nano S or Blue from version 2.8.5. It is available on Google Play. To connect the Ledger to your phone, you need an OTG adapter.

1. create a new account: select the "Accounts" tab and press the "+ key" button.

 

2. select the "Advanced" option.

 

3. Select "Ledger":

 

4. connect your Ledger to the OTG cable, enter your PIN and select the Bitcoin app.

 

5. Mycelium will sync and explore your accounts:

 

6. After a while, all your accounts will be shown and you can select which account you want to import:

 

7. You can restart this process and import as many accounts as you wish. Once selected, your account will be added, you can select it as the default account and use Mycelium:

 

8. Your Ledger device will be required only when you wish to sign a payment. The transaction will be validated directly on the screen.

Check the firmware version
A new Ledger Nano S
Press and hold the right button. The right button is the one far away from the USB connector, closest to the swivel hole.
Insert the USB cable while holding the right button until Recovery is displayed.
Press the right button to select to the settings menu and press both buttons to enter.
Navigate toSettings > Device > Firmware.
The firmware version is displayed under Secure Element.
The micro controller version is displayed underMCU.
A Ledger Nano S in use
Insert the USB cable to switch on the device.
Enter your PIN code to unlock the device.
Press the right button to select to the settings menu and press both buttons to enter.
Navigate toSettings > Device > Firmware.
The firmware version is displayed under Secure Element.
The micro controller version is displayed underMCU.
Update the firmware
Follow the step by step instructions in theupdate guideto upgrade the firmware. 

 

 

 

 

 

Change the PIN code
Make sure firmware version 1.3.1 or higher is installed on the Ledger Nano S.
- Refer to this article if you do not know how to check the firmware version. 
- Check theupdate guideto learn how to upgrade the firmware version.

Turn on the Ledger Nano S by inserting the USB-cable.

Unlock the device with your PIN code.

From the dashboard, navigate to Settings > Security > Change PIN.
1. Choose a new PIN code.
2. Confirm the new PIN code by entering it again.
3. Enter your old PIN code.
The PIN code is now successfully changed.
Hide accounts with a passphrase
Warning: this tutorial is for advanced users.

Firmware compatibility:

1.3.1 (+): These options are available directly under the Settings menu on the Ledger Nano S.

1.0 to 1.2: Update your Ledger Nano S or contact us for advanced developer tools.

What is a hidden passphrase?

The hidden passphrase is a 25th word on top of your 24 word recovery phrase, but one that you need to remember and never write down. It generates a new identity: there is no right or wrong passphrase.

The hidden passphrase is used for two reasons

1. Protection of your 24 words recovery phrase if your accounts are behind a passphrase then you are protected.

2. "Plausible deniability" is a security feature that combats the risk of being threatened and/or forced to enter your PIN code. With this option, you can manage two PIN codes, unlocking two separate accounts:

- Your first PIN code provides access to your main wallet, like a basic account, with low amounts used for daily payments and small transactions.

- Second PIN code, linked to a specific passphrase you need to set up, opens an hidden account, to save large amounts, which will only be used occasionally. With this option, in case you are forced to recover a wallet from your 24-word backup, only the main wallet will be displayed, and the second account will remain hidden, as long as you don't reveal the attached passphrase.

Note that all applications on your Ledger device (Bitcoin, Ethereum, FIDO…) are affected by the passphrase identity change.


How to create a hidden passphrase and its PIN code

On your Ledger Nano S:

"Settings" > "Security" > "Passphrase" > "Attach to a PIN"

1. Enter a second and new PIN code

2. Confirm this new code

3. Enter and confirm a secret passphrase (100 characters max)

4. Enter your first main PIN code to validate

During the rest of your session, until the Ledger Nano S is disconnected, you will run a hidden wallet. Next time you use your Ledger Nano S, you will choose which PIN code you want to enter, main one (main wallet) or second one (hidden wallet). You can't set a third PIN code. If you ever set a new PIN code attached to a passphrase, it would erase the first one and the assets held by it.

How to best use the passphrase feature: our recommendation is to use your current PIN for your day to day accounts, and your alternate PIN for your savings account, holding a larger amount of assets. This way, not only will your backup seed be protected by the passphrase, but your “duress” PIN code will in fact be a real account with real transactions. This would be much more effective for a plausible deniability scenario.




Temporary Passphrase

With this feature, you can create, open or manage an hidden wallet, accessible only in this setting path. As long as your session will be open with this passphrase, you will be able to access it. When you disconnect your Nano S or when you quit the standby mode, this passphrase will be overwritten.

You can create and manage as many temporary passphrases as you want, but only one by one - you can't open two or more temporary passphrases in the same session:

"Settings" > "Security" > "Passphrase" > "Set temporary"

1. Enter and confirm your secret passphrase (100 characters max)

2. Enter your PIN code to validate

Then during the rest of your session until the Nano S is disconnected, you will run a new wallet attached to this passphrase. Next time you will enter your PIN code, you will open your main wallet, not this hidden account.

How to recover your hidden wallet(s) on a Ledger Nano S

On your Ledger Nano S you need to recover your 24 words and set your previous hidden passphrase as a temporary passphrase or as a hidden wallet attached to a PIN code.

If you want to attach it to a passphrase:

1. on your Nano S you must run the 24 words you previously ran when you set your passphrase. If you don't, reset your device and import the correct 24 words

2. go to "Settings" > "Security" > "Passphrase" > "Attach to a PIN"

3. choose a second PIN code and confirm it (you don't have to choose the same one as the previous one you set with the passphrase)

4. set the exact passphrase you want to recover and confirm it

5. validate by entering your first PIN code

If you want to set it as temporary passphrase:

1. on your Nano S you must run the 24 words you previously ran when you set your passphrase. If you don't, reset your device and import the correct 24 words

2. go to "Settings" > "Security" > "Passphrase" > "Set temporary"

3. set the exact passphrase you want to recover and confirm it

4. validate the passphrase by entering your current PIN code

How to recover your hidden wallet(s) on a compatible wallets

If you ever lose your Ledger Nano S, you can restore your main wallets and hidden wallets by importing your 24 words backup and your hidden passphrase, using any compatible wallet that supports BIP39 passphrases, or on another Ledger Nano S hardware wallet.

You can also manually export your private keys using an online tool for advanced users.

Advanced Passphrase options
The Ledger Nano S supports an ADVANCED security mode to manage different sets of accounts, each protected with a different passphrase. This feature is also referred to sometimes called "Plausible deniability".

To update to Ledger Nano S 1.3, read this guide

These settings are useful to have 1 main account and 2 or several hidden accounts from the same wallet, with the same 24-word seed. But take care, these plausible deniability features are delicate to manage, as you are the only one to know a multitude of codes. if you ever lose them, Ledger nor anyone will be able to recover them for you. Do not activate this option if you are not absolutely sure to understand it.

 

WHAT IS PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY?

In Nano S, "Plausible deniability" is a security feature to face the risk of being threatened and/or forced to give your PIN code. With this option, you will manage 2 PIN codes: 

First PIN code gives access to your main wallet, like a basic account with low amounts, to check daily payments.
Second PIN code, linked to a specific passphrase you need to set up, opens an hidden account, for example to save large amounts, which will be used once in a while.
With this option, in case you are forced to recover a wallet from your 24-word backup, only the main wallet will be displayed, and the second account will remain hidden, as long as you don't reveal the attached passphrase. No one can know you have 2 PIN codes attached to your wallet, so you can reveal the first PIN code giving access to your daily wallet, to avoid having your savings stolen from your second wallet.
As each PIN is using its own independent counter and PIN comparison is constantly done, it is highly unlikely for an unsuspecting sophisticated attacker to guess that a second PIN is enabled, providing that you give the first PIN to the attacker, and not possible to brute force one PIN knowing another one. 
PASSPHRASE ATTACHED TO A PIN

In your Nano S, go to SETTINGS > Security > Passphrase > Attach to a PIN

With this feature, you can create, open and manage a second (and hidden) wallet attached to a specific passphrase, wallet accessible when you connect your Nano S with another PIN code. As long as your session will be open with this PIN code, you will be able to access it. When you disconnect your Nano S or when you quit the standby mode, you will be asked a PIN code, then you can choose to reopen this one or enter the main PIN code.

Open the "Settings" of the Nano S
Select "Security"
Select "Passphrase"
Select "Attach to a PIN"
Enter a second and new PIN code
Confirm this new code
Enter and confirm a secret passphrase (100 characters max)
Enter your first main PIN code to validate
Then during the rest of your session until the Nano S is disconnected, you will run an hidden wallet. Next time you will enter your PIN code, you will choose which PIN code you want to enter, main one or second one.
You can't set a third PIN code. If you ever set a new PIN code attached to a passphrase, it would erase the first one. To manage more than 1 hidden wallet you need to use the "temporary passphrase" option.
How to best use the passphrase feature
Our recommendation is to use your current PIN for your day to day accounts, holding reasonable assets, and your alternate PIN for your savings account, holding higher value assets. This way, not only will your backup seed be protected by the passphrase, but your “duress” PIN will in fact be a real account with real transactions. This would be much more effective in a plausible deniability scenario.

 
TEMPORARY PASSPHRASE 
In your Nano S, go to SETTINGS > Security > Passphrase > Set Temporary

With this feature, you can create, open or manage an hidden wallet, accessible only in this setting path. As long as your session will be open with this passphrase, you will be able to access it. When you disconnect your Nano S or when you quit the standby mode, this passphrase will be overwritten. You can create and manage as many temporary passphrases as you want, but only one by one - you can't open 2 or more temporary passphrases in the same session.

Open the "Settings" of the Nano S
Select "Security"
Select "Passphrase"
Select "Set temporary"
Enter and confirm your secret passphrase (100 characters max)
Enter your PIN code to validate
Then during the rest of your session until the Nano S is disconnected, you will run a new wallet attached to this passphrase. Next time you will enter your PIN code, you will open your main wallet, not this hiden account.
HOW TO RECOVER YOUR HIDDEN WALLET(S) ON A NANO S

On your Nano S, just recover your 24 words and set your previous hidden passphrase as a temporary passphrase or as a hidden wallet attached to a PIN code. 

if you want to attach it to a passphrase:
- on your Nano S you must run the 24 words you previously ran when you set your passphrase. If you don't, reset your device and import the correct 24 words
- go to Settings > Security > Passphrase > Attach to a PIN
- choose a second PIN code and confirm it (you don't have to choose the same one as the previous one you set with the passphrase)
- set the exact passphrase you want to recover and confirm it
- validate by entering your first PIN code

if you want to set it as temporary:
- on your Nano S you must run the 24 words you previously ran when you set your passphrase. If you don't, reset your device and import the correct 24 words
- go to Settings > Security > Passphrase > Set temporary 
- set the exact passphrase you want to recover and confirm it
- validate by entering your current PIN code 

HOW TO RECOVER YOUR HIDDEN WALLET(S) ON A COMPATIBLE WALLET

If you ever lose your Ledger Nano S, you can restore your wallets and hidden wallets by importing your 24 words backup + your hidden passphrase, using any compatible wallet supporting BIP39 passphrases, on another Nano S, or on Trezor hardware wallet.
You can also manually export your private keys using an online tool for advanced users. 

Export your accounts
Accounts generated by a Ledger Nano S device can be recovered on any (third-party) hardware or software wallet that supports the same standards as Ledger (BIP39/BIP44).

Before you begin
Note that your 24-word recovery phrase provides full access to your accounts. Entering your recovery phrase on a computer or smartphone may be insecure. Avoid doing so if possible. 
Carefully select a (third-party) hardware or software wallet. Protecting your accounts remains your own responsibility.
ContactLedger Supportwhen in doubt.
Use your recovery phrase
Carefully select aBIP39/BIP44 compatible hardware or software wallet that you trust.
Get your 24-word recovery phrase.
Follow the manual of the selected device or service to import your recovery phrase.
Compatible Ledger devices
Ledger Nano S
Ledger Blue
Ledger Nano
Ledger HW.1
Arbitrary list of third-party software wallets
Mycelium(smartphone)
Bither(smartphone/desktop)
Coinomi(smartphone)
MyEtherWallet
MyCrypto
Generate private keys (advanced)
Advanced users can manually generate all private keys using Ian Coleman's BIP39 tool. This tool is best downloaded for offline use, as instructed below.

Generate your private keys
Download the BIP39 tool at the bottom of this article or view the source on GitHub.
Double-click the downloaded file to open it in a browser.
Type your 24-word recovery phrase in the field BIP39 Mnemonic. Use lowercase only.
Type your passphrase if you set one in your Ledger hardware wallet.
Select a cryptocurrency.
Leave the fieldInternal/External at 0. 
Import your private keys
Copy the list of generated private keys from the Derived Addresses section. Use the controls below the list to show more rows or start at a certain index.
Import your private keys in a third-party wallet that supports this, such asMyEtherWalletorArmory.
Set the fieldInternal/External to1 to generate the private keys of yourchange addresses.
Import the private keys associated with your change addresses in the third-party wallet.
Check hardware integrity
Check the hardware integrity of your Ledger Nano S to check that the Ledger Nano S has not been tampered with. This article contains detailed technical information about the security of your device. 

 Caution
Please handle the Ledger Nano S device with high care while you proceed. Be aware that once opened, your device will not be refundable or exchangeable.

Microcontroller (MCU)
The Secure Element checks the full microcontroller flash at boot, as described inthis blog post. If it has been modified, you'll get a warning at boot. As an additional check, you can open the device to verify that no additional chip has been added (referring to the attached picture) and that the MCU is an stm2f042k6 (with 32 Kb flash, as a bigger flash could contain code fooling the Secure Element validation). Markings on the chip can vary but you should see the string "042K6".

Hardware revisions
Revision 1
Blue PCB
Black glue
 

Revision 2
Green PCB
Black or transparent glue [not pictured].
 

Revision 3

Blue PCB
Black glue
 

Revision 4 
Blue PCB
Hole in the PCB
 

Revision 5
Blue PCB
 

Revision 5 bis
Blue PCB
 

Revision 6
Blue PCB
 

Secure Element attestation
The Secure Element itself is personalized at factory with an attestation proving that it has been created by us. You can verify it by running

pip install --no-cache-dir ledgerblue
Then on firmware 1.3.1 or below
python -m ledgerblue.checkGenuine --targetId 0x31100002
Or on firmware 1.4.1 and above
python -m ledgerblue.checkGenuine --targetId 0x31100003
The source codeis available here.

Application verification
When opening an application, a Non Genuine warning is displayed if it is not signed by Ledger. A modified User Interface (as found in https://github.com/LedgerHQ/nanos-ui) will also display a warning message on boot.

Root of trust
The root of trust for the current batch is the following secp256k1 public key :

0490f5c9d15a0134bb019d2afd0bf297149738459706e7ac5be4abc350a1f818057224fce12ec9a65de18ec34d6e8c24db927835ea1692b14c32e9836a75dad609
- as checked here Genuine.py

Firmware Update - FAQ
How can I update my Nano S?
Please refer to our update guide for step by step instructions.

What if my Ledger Nano S displays MCU firmware is not genuine?
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable to continue. If the USB cable is not fully inserted, the authenticity check of the MCU will return this particular error during the startup process of the device.

What to do if I am stuck somewhere in the update?
Please carefully read thestep by step instructions. Still having issues?

Close Chrome and all other applications(crypto wallets, Geth, Parity, Mist, Bitcoin Core, etc).
Turn OFF VPN and anti-virus.
Quit,reinstalland restart the Ledger Manager.
Change the USB-cable if possible.
Restart the computer.
Windows 7 users: please check the solutions at the bottom of this page.  
Try another computer.
Is it mandatory to update my Nano S firmware?
Updating your Nano S to firmware 1.4 is strongly recommended, but there is no mechanism to force you to upgrade.

What will happen if I do not update my Nano S?
We strongly recommend updating the firmware of your Nano S. However, there are no significant consequences if you do not update your device at once. The Ledger Wallet applications will notify you to update your device, but you are free to ignore them and the device will continue to work normally.

What is this update for?
The update to firmware version 1.4.2 introduces user experience as well as minor security improvements. For more information regarding the specific changes, please refer to the blog post dedicated to this firmware release.

Do I have to upgrade my Nano S if I am not using it?
There is no necessity to install the firmware update immediately. It is no problem if you do not have immediate access to your device or if you do not plan to use it in the short term. You will always be able to update to the firmware later, whenever you decide to use your device.

What exactly are the security vulnerabilities discovered? Should I be concerned?
Please refer to ourblog post concerning the release of firmware version 1.4.2.

Is it possible to downgrade from 1.4 to 1.3.1?
No. For security reasons, it is not possible to downgrade the firmware of your Nano S.

How can I enter my PIN code after the update?
If your PIN code includes less than 8 digits, please type in your PIN code as usual, and use the right / left button until you reach a check mark (?). Then, confirm your PIN code pressing both buttons.

Why didn't my Ledger Nano S prompt to check the Identifier?   
As explained in step 5 of theupdate guide, the Ledger Nano S shows three screens after each other in a slider. If the right button is pressed before the other screens are shown, the firmware update will be installed before you could have checked the version number or the identifier. Please check that firmware version 1.4.2 and MCU version 1.5 arecorrectly installed.

How many applications can I have on my Nano S with 1.4?
One of the user experience gains of the 1.4 firmware update is the possibility to install many more applications on the Nano S. The global limitation is related to the small amount of memory available on the device. The new firmware does not expand the memory, but optimizes the size of Bitcoin related applications.

Many cryptocurrency projects are clones of the Bitcoin blockchain that share most of the signature code (such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, Zcash, Komodo, Stratis, Posw, Pivx, Viacoin, Vertcoin, Stealthcoin, Digibyte, Qtum, Hcash...). By refactoring all common codes in a library, hosted in the Bitcoin app, we were able to significantly reduce the size of the other apps. This enables the installation of up to 18 applications that share this library.

However, installing applications with a completely different code base will still limit the amount of apps to 4 or 5, for instance: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, FIDO U2F and Password Manager.

So, the types of applications installed lead to varying capacities. Most users may expect to see a capacity of 10 to 12 applications. 

Will I need my 24 word seed during the update?
Most users do not need to restore their Nano S after the update, and thus do not require access to their 24 word seed. The seed will only be wiped when updating a Nano S that currently has firmware version 1.2 or lower installed. You cancheck the current firmware version on your device before updating to 1.4.2.

However, make sure your 24 recovery words areproperly backed-up and securely storedbefore starting the update.

Could I lose my funds during this update?
Funds will not be at risk as long as the 24 word seed is properly backed-up and securely stored. Carefully follow the steps in theupdate guide.

Only users updating from firmware version 1.2 or lower will have their seed wiped during the process and will need to restore their 24 word seed after the update.

Always make sure your 24 recovery words areproperly backed-up and securely storedbefore starting the update.

Is this firmware version compatible with Nano / Unplugged / HW.1?
No, this update only applies to Ledger Nano S devices.

Is this new version compatible with Ledger Blue?
No, this update only applies to Ledger Nano S devices.

What if I am stuck on the Update message on my Nano S?
If your Nano S stays stuck displaying Update, and the Ledger Manager shows the message To begin, connect your Ledger Wallet, then:

Disconnect your Ledger Nano S
Quit and relaunch the Ledger Manager
Reconnect the Ledger Nano S and unlock it by entering your PIN code
Go to Step 4 of the update guide.
 

What to do with issues on Windows?

Open the Device Manager from the Control Panel.
Find the USB-device that has a yellow warning sign and right-click on it to selectUpdate driver.
After the driver has been updated, you can close and open Chrome browser, open Ledger Manager, connect your device and just wait.
If you are using Windows 7, you will have to finalize the update on another computer (not running Windows 7). We are working on a fix, but meanwhile this is the only option.

On other systems (Mac/Linux), if you are having trouble then the only solution is to try again.

The update server processes the download requests in a queue. The best is to wait when nothing seems to be happening. If it fails, then retry a few moments later. We thank you for your patience. 

If you are still having a hard time updating, make sure that no other applications are running on your computer (such as Parity, other crypto wallets or a firewall app). 

I have an issue that is not described neither in the update guide, nor in this FAQ article
Pleasecontact our support teamand describe your problem in as much detail as possible.

Unable to install OS Updater
This guide suits for Ledger Nano S only. If you have a special edition Nano S (orange casing), you can not update your device.

If this message appears on your Ledger Manager when you want to update your firmware: "Unable to install OS updater"

 

check on the "FIRMWARES" tab of the Ledger Manager the latest available release and compare it with yours. To know which firmware you currently run on your Ledger Nano S, open the Settings on the Nano S itself, and go to Settings > Device > Firmware.

If you already have the latest firmware, you do not need and can't update as you have the latest one.

If you do not have the latest firmware,
temporary remove all your applications from your Nano S to install the OS updater. Click here to know how to uninstall apps. Don't worry, you'll be able to reinstall the apps you need after the update, and they will synchronize all your past operations. Even if you uninstall your applications, your coins won't be lost or erased, your balances and operations will be synchronized as soon as you reinstall them and open your wallets.
Then you will be able to install the OS updater, and to go through the update procedure.
If the problem persists despite of the complete uninstallation of your applications:

click on the "LOGS" grey button
save the Logs folder on your computer
send it to the customer support below with a message explaining the context of your issue.
Fix connection issues
In some cases users may encounter connection issues when trying to connect their Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device. If this occurs, try the following solutions one by one:

Close other applications (Ledger apps, crypto wallets, Geth, Parity, Mist, Bitcoin Core, etc).
Turn OFF VPN and anti-virus.
Change the USB cable if possible
Try different USB ports.
Restart your computer.
Try another computer.
If the problem persists, please select your system below.

Windows
Update USB input device drivers
Open Devices and Printers from Control Panel.
Double-clickNano S and open the Hardware tab.
SelectUSB Input Device and clickProperties.
ClickChange Settings.
Click the Drivertab.
ClickUpdate driver and select automatic driver selection.
Repeat this for bothUSB Input Devices.
If it still does not work, please try on a Mac to verify that your Ledger Nano S is working properly.
Linux
Add udev rules
Create a set of udev rules to allow device access. Refer to the Chrome USB API documentation for details. Use the following command and retry to access the application.

wget -q -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LedgerHQ/udev-rules/master/add_udev_rules.sh | sudo bash
If needed, add user to plugdev group
Modify the above /etc/udev/rules.d/20-hw1.rules rule to match your group or add the OWNER="username" parameter to each line, where username is your Linux user name. This adds your user to the plugdev group. Retry once you've done this.

For Arch Linux, the following rules are used:

/etc/udev/rules.d/20-hw1.rules

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1b7c", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2b7c", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="3b7c", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="4b7c", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1807", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1808", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2c97", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0000", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2c97", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0001", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl”
Still not working?
If this still doesn't work you may need to add these rules:

KERNEL=="hidraw*", SUBSYSTEM=="hidraw", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2c97"

KERNEL=="hidraw*", SUBSYSTEM=="hidraw", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581"


Lost device, PIN code or recovery phrase
Can't access your Ledger device?
In case of loss, theft, or destruction of your Ledger device you can restore your accounts. 
Your accounts can be restored on any hardware or software wallet that supports 24-word recovery phrases as described in the BIP32/BIP39/BIP44 standards. Please find a few examples in this article.
You'll need the Recovery sheet on which you've saved your recovery phrase during initialization.
Make sure your recovery phrase stays securely stored. Protect your confidential PIN code and 24-word recovery phrase to guarantee the highest level of security offered by your Ledger device.

Watch this video to learn how to restore your wallets.

Forgot your PIN code?
After three invalid PIN code entries, Ledger hardware wallets reset to factory settings, erasing the private keys from their secure storage.
After the reset, restore your configuration by entering your 24-word recovery phrase.
Choose a new PIN code during the restoration process.
Lost your recovery phrase?
It is extremely important not to lose your recovery sheet: please keep it in a very safe location. If anyone has access to it, understands what it is, they can steal all your crypto assets even without knowing the PIN code of your device.

In case you do lose access to your recovery sheet:

Immediately transfer your entire balance to temporary accounts (e.g. an exchange service or another hardware wallet).
Reset your Ledger device and intialize as a new device.
Then transfer back your balance to your newly configured device.
You can find a PDF version of the Recovery sheet below.

- Recovery Front Nano S EN V4.pdf

- 200 KB Download

Browser support removal
 

The latest versions of the Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP apps do not have a Browser support setting anymore.
Your Ledger device will automatically connect to desktop apps like Ledger Live or web-based services, without having to switch a setting.
Manage device storage
The messageinsufficient device storage may appear when trying to install an app or firmware update on your Ledger Nano S device. For a firmware update: simply uninstall all apps. To make space for apps: just uninstall apps you don't need. Uninstalling apps does not affect your crypto assets.

Uninstall apps
Open theManager in the Ledger Live application.
Check on the screen of your Ledger Nano S which apps are installed. Pick a few to uninstall.
Find the apps to uninstall in theApp catalog in Ledger Live.
Click theTrashbutton for each app to uninstall.
Install the apps you want to use.
The number of installable apps varies
Apps have different sizes.
Apps based on Bitcoin or Ethereum are small. You can install a lot of them at the same time,stackingthem. You can install up to 18 apps that are based on Bitcoin.
Other apps are independent and cannot be stacked. You can typically install 4 to 5 of those.
If you can install less apps than before, reinstall all apps in a different order to reset the storage.
 About apps
Ledger Nano S securely stores the private keys giving access to your crypto assets. Each app on the device lets you manage a crypto asset.Example: To manage Bitcoin, install the Bitcoin app.

Your device has limited storage. You can safely uninstall and install apps within seconds without losing access to your crypto assets. Your private keys stay safe on your device and on your Recovery sheet.

Your crypto assets are not stored in the apps, they are secured on the blockchain.

Simultaneously use more apps 
To avoid uninstalling apps to free storage, you can another device for different apps. If you restore the recovery phrase from the first device on the second one, both devices manage the same private keys and will access the same accounts.

Troubleshoot hardware issues
If you have issues with your buttons (stuck buttons, broken buttons…), damaged screen or pixelated screen, or a loose USB port, then please fill out this form. There is no guarantee of a refund or exchange, but this form must be filled out in order to begin the process.

 

What to do if your Ledger Nano S is stuck displaying “Update”

This means that something - probably a network failure - blocked the update procedure before it was completed.

Please follow this guide to fix your issue:

 

In your Chrome browser go to “chrome://extensions”
Click on the bin beside the Ledger Manager to uninstall it
Go to “github/Ledger”
Download the “chrome-app.zip” file and extract it
Restart the Chrome browser
In “chrome://extensions/” , activate the "Developer mode" in the top right corner
When it appears, click on "Load unpacked extension"
Download the extracted "chrome-app" folder
Once installed, launch this new application
Connect your Nano S
Once this new Ledger Manager has been launched, go to "Firmwares"
Then click on the grey "Firmware" button
Follow the instructions on the device to complete the update
Once everything is done, uninstall this custom application on Chrome extensions and deactivate the Developer mode
Re-install the Ledger Manager application on Chrome.
 

What to do if your Ledger Nano S only displays the “Settings” menu

If you can only access the Settings menu of your Ledger Nano S, you probably have recently reset or updated your Ledger Nano S.

 

Once your update or reset is complete, your Nano S will be entirely wiped, which is why you can only access the “Settings” menu of your device. You will not have any other applications installed on your Nano S following the update or reset, so now you must reinstall all of your applications from the Ledger Manager using this tutorial.

Please note that your private keys are not erased since they are linked to your 24 word recovery phrase.

 

What to do if your Ledger Nano S screen is not responsive

 

If the screen of your Ledger Nano S is stuck on the same menu and you can not scroll up or down do the following procedure:

Download the Ledger Manager
Launch it
Do not plug or unplug your Ledger Nano S
Press and hold the left button for at least 5 seconds (the button near the micro USB port)
Plug in your Ledger Nano S
The screen will display  "Bootloader"
Release the left button
The Ledger Manager will start loading
User manual
 

Click the link below to download the Ledger Nano S user manual.

Download and install Ledger Live
Prerequisites
aLedger Nano Sor aLedger Blue device
Make sure your computer has at least:
macOS 10.9 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Linux Ubuntu 16.10.
 Ledger Live is incompatible with 32-bit operating systems.
a USB port. Use anadapterfor USB-C ports
an internet connection
Instructions
Mac installation
Go to https://www.ledger.com/pages/ledger-live.
Download the Ledger Live application.
Double-click the .dmg file you downloaded.
Drag and drop the Ledger Live application to the Applications folder.



Open Ledger Live from Launchpad or Spotlight.
Depending on your macOS version, the following message displays. ClickOpento allow the installation.

Windows installation
Go to https://www.ledger.com/pages/ledger-live.
Download the Ledger Live application.
Double-click the Ledger Live executable file you downloaded.
If a warning displays, click Yes to allow the installation of Ledger Live.



Once the installation completes, clickFinish.
Linux installation
Go to https://www.ledger.com/pages/ledger-live.
Download the Ledger Live AppImage.
Make the file executable.
In a terminal: chmod +x ledger-live-*.AppImage
Launch the AppImage by double clicking on it or via your terminal.
Next steps
Take your first stepsby setting up your device with Ledger Live. 
Add existing accountsto your portfolio.
Add a new accountto your portfolio
Take your first steps
The first time you use the Ledger Live application, it will help you set up your Ledger device and configure a few important settings so you can quickly take your first steps with the application.

  To set up another device, restart the onboarding process from the Help tab in the settings.

Before you begin
Get your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device.
Make sure Ledger Live is installed.
Instructions
Follow these steps to initialize or restore your Ledger device. Go to Step 3. Security checklist if you use a device that's already initialized.

Step 1. Get started
Start the Ledger Live application.
Click Get started.
Either click:
Initialize a new Ledger device, if you're using a device you've just purchased, or
Restore a Ledger device, if you want to restore a configuration using a 24-word recovery phrase you've previously saved.
Select your device, then click Continue.
Step 2. Set up your device
First you'll choose a 4 to 8-digit PIN code that unlocks your device. Then you'll save or restore your 24-word recovery phrase. Your recovery phrase backs up the private keys generated on your device that manage your crypto assets. It can be used to recover your device in case you lose the PIN code or the device.

Set up your device by following the steps provided in Ledger Live
To initialize a device, view the dedicated articles for the Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue
To restore your device, view the dedicated articles for the Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue
Once done, click Continue.
Step 3. Security checklist
Complete the security checklist to verify you benefit from the optimal level of security.

Answer the questions on-screen by clicking on Yes or No. 
Important: Contact us if you've answered No to any question, or when in doubt.
Click Check now, to verify your device is a genuine Ledger device. Only a genuine Ledger device can provide the cryptographic proof required to connect with Ledger’s secure server.
Note: This process might take a few moments.
Once done, click Continue.
Step 4. Choose a password (optional)
Choose an optional password that unlocks the application to enhance your privacy. This functionality is particularly useful if you use a shared computer.

Click Skip this step if you do not want to set a password. 
Choose your password in the Password field.
Enter your password again in the Confirm password field.
Click Continue.
Note: Make sure to remember your password. Losing it requires resetting Ledger Live and re-adding accounts. This does not affect your crypto assets. 

Step 5. Bug reports & analytics
Besides mandatory technical data, you can choose which anonymous data to share with Ledger to help improve the quality of our products and services. By opting in, Ledger will automatically collect this data. You can decide to opt out at any time from the Settings page.

Select which optional data to share:
Report bugs: Send automatic bug reports when the application crashes to help improve its stability.
Share analytics: Enable analytics of usage data to help Ledger improve the user experience.
Click Continue. Note: Did click the Ledger Live logo for more.
Click Launch Ledger Live to open the application.
Tip: Click the Ledger Logo if you can't get enough of confetti.

Next steps
Get familiar with Ledger Live's main interface elements
Add accounts for the crypto assets that you manage with your Ledger device
Add a new account to Ledger Live
Interface overview
Ledger Live's interface consists of four main elements. In the left panel you'll find the menu and accounts, in the top bar you'll find buttons for application controls and then there's the main viewer.

 

 

 

Menu
Use the menu to go to different main sections:

Portfolio: Summary of your accounts.
Send: Send crypto assets at any time.
Receive: Receive crypto assets at any time.
Manager: Manage your Ledger device.
Exchanges: Discover some selected exchange services.
Accounts
The accounts section lists the name and balance of the accounts in your portfolio:

Click on an account to open it in the main viewer.
Click on the  icon to add accounts.
Application controls
The top bar contains the application controls.

Network status: The current status of synchronization with the blockchain networks of the crypto assets you've added. Click on it to force synchronization.
Settings: Access Ledger Live's settings.
Password lock: Lock your session by clicking on the lock icon.
Main viewer
The main viewer is the place where you interact with the main sections of Ledger Live. The screenshot above shows the portfolio is currently opened in the main viewer.

Add existing accounts
Accounts of crypto assets that you already own and manage with your Ledger device, can be added as existing accounts to your Ledger Live application. They will then appear in the accounts list and be added to your total balance.

Before you begin
Check on your device that the right crypto asset app is installed. 
Example: to add Bitcoin accounts, make sure that the Bitcoin app is installed.
Instructions
On the left panel, click the   icon to add accounts.
Type or click the drop-down list to choose the crypto asset of the account to add.
Click Next. 
Connect and unlock your device, open the app of the selected crypto asset.
Note: For XRP make sure to disable Browser support.
Click Next. Ledger Live will check in the blockchain if your Ledger device manages any existing accounts. These are then displayed.
In the Select existing accounts section, make sure the account(s) to add are check-marked. Choose a name for the account(s) to add.
Click Add account(s).
Results
You've successfully added your account to Ledger Live. On the left panel, click on the account you added to view its details. Check the following articles to learn how to:

Receive crypto assets
Send crypto assets
Add new account
You can add a new account for each crypto asset supported by the Ledger Live application.

Before you begin
Check on your device that the correct crypto asset app is installed. 
Example: to add a new Bitcoin account, make sure that the Bitcoin app is installed. 
Make sure that you do not already have a new, unused account. You can only add a new account if all existing accounts of a specific crypto asset have had at least one operation.
Instructions
Type or click the drop-down list to choose the crypto asset of the account to add.
Click Next.
Connect and unlock your device, open the app of the selected crypto asset.
Note: For Windows users, this step might take a few moments.
Click Next. Ledger Live will check in the blockchain if your Ledger device manages any existing accounts. These are then displayed.
In the Add new account section, set a check-mark next to the new account. Choose a name if you want to.
Click Add account(s).
Results
You've successfully added a new account. On the left panel, click on the account you added to view its details. Check the following articles to learn how to:

Receive crypto assets
Send crypto assets
Send crypto assets
 

You can send crypto assets from your accounts in the Ledger Live application to a recipient address by using your Ledger device.

 Security tip
Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received by the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts.

Before you begin
Get the Ledger device that manages the account to debit.
Check that the right app is installed on your device.Ex: install the Bitcoin app to send Bitcoin.
Enter transaction details
ClickSendon the left panel.
Type or use the drop-down list toselect the account to debit.
Enter theRecipient address. For optimal security, make sure always todouble-check addressesthat you copy and paste.
Enter theAmount of the crypto asset to send, or its countervalue*. 
Choose theNetwork fees from the drop-down list. A higher fee leads to a faster processing of the transaction.Learn more...
ClickContinue.
Verify and sign
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open the crypto asset app as instructed.
ClickContinue.
Carefully verify all transaction details on your device.
Press the right button to confirm and sign the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation. 
ClickView operation details to track the transactionuntil it gets confirmed.
 Countervalue
The countervalue you enter is converted to the amount of the crypto asset to send through an intermediary exchange to Bitcoin using the exchange rate providers selected in Settings. By default, the rate providers with the highest 24h-volume are are selected.

Receive crypto assets
You can receive crypto assets by generating a receive address in the Ledger Live application. For optimal security, use your Ledger device to verify the generated address before sharing it with the sender of the transaction.

Instructions
Click Receive on the left panel, or from the top of an account detail page.
Type or use the drop-down list to choose the account to receive crypto assets in.
Click Next.
Connect and unlock your device. Then open the crypto asset app as instructed.
Read the on-screen instructions and click on Verify to generate a receive address on your device.
Verify that the address shown on your screen is the same as the address shown in Ledger Live. If the addresses are the same, press the right button on your device to confirm.
Click Copy to copy the address and share it with the sender of the transaction. Carefully check that the address does not change after you copy and paste it.  
Don't have your device?
On the account selection screen, click on I don't have my device to generate a receive address.
The generated receive address does not benefit from the optimal level of security because the receive address on Ledger Live is not verified on your Ledger device. 
Privacy of blockchain addresses
You've generated an address for the selected account, that you can share with the sender.

Blockchains based on Bitcoin are public networks. For optimal privacy, the addresses of those crypto assets should generally not be re-used after a transaction.
Ledger Live generates new addresses for crypto assets based on Bitcoin.
For crypto assets based on Bitcoin, the previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy.
Verify transaction details
Before sending and receiving crypto assets, educate yourself to make informed decisions. Crypto assets you manage using your Ledger device can be targeted by malicious actors. Optimize your asset security by transacting with caution. 

Don't trust, verify
Assume that your computer is compromised and that an address on your screen cannot be trusted:

Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received by the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts.
Use secondary communication means when obtaining a recipient address or QR code. Example:when an exchange has a receive address on its website, verify the address through SMS, email or a messaging app when possible.
Check recipient addresses after you copy and paste. Malware on your computer might replace addresses in your clipboard.
Verify that the receive address, amount and fees are correct and that they are the same on both your computer and the device’s screen when sending a transaction.
Wait for a significant amount of confirmations before accepting a payment. For Bitcoin, six confirmations are recommended.
Learn more
Learn how to optimize your account security.
Check the advanced security features supported by Ledger devices.
Contact Ledger Support when in doubt.
Choose network fees
You can choose the amount of network fees to include when you create a transaction. The amount of fees affects the processing speed of the transaction.

The use of network fees
The security of a blockchain network generally depends on the amount of work done by miners.
The miner that proposes the next block of transactions to the network, has to provide proof of the amount of work done to create the block. 
If the transactions are valid and the proof of work is sufficient, the miner may collect the fees offered in the included transactions, as a reward for the work done.
Choose your network fees
Whensending crypto assets, the network fees you offer determine your priority in the queue of pending transactions. Miners will prioritize transactions that offer high fees. Choosehigh feesif you requirefast confirmationorlower feesif you canwait a while to save on fees.  

For your convenience, Ledger Live dynamically estimates three levels of fees or allowscustom feesfor advanced users:

High: the transaction will roughly be included in the next block (about 10 min for Bitcoin)
Standard: the transaction will roughly be included within 3 blocks (about 30 min for Bitcoin)
Low: the transaction will roughly be included within 6 blocks (about 60 min for Bitcoin)
Calculation of fees
The resulting amount of fees is dynamically calculated and depends on the file size of the transaction. Therefore, a transaction with a considerable number of inputs or outputs will be more expensive than one with fewer inputs and outputs.

Track a transaction
Once a transaction has beensent, it is broadcasted to the network for validation. Track its status in the Ledger Live application to know when it is confirmed and when your balance gets updated. 

Blockchain validation
Transactions are validated by the amount of blocks that include the transaction: block confirmations. At a certain amount of block confirmations, a transaction is considered as confirmed.
The minimum number of confirmations varies between crypto assets, as each blockchain has its own block time. By default, Ledger Live sets the minimum number of confirmations to the amount of blocks that fit in 30 minutes.
You can configure the required number of confirmations in  Settings > Currencies. For crypto assets that function like Bitcoin, a high number of confirmations makes a transaction irreversible.
Transaction states
The operations list in your portfolio indicates the transaction state based on the number of confirmations.

Pending
A transaction is pending if it hasn't received any confirmations yet.
Transactions that included higher network fees normally don't stay pending for a long time.
If a transaction included lower network fees, it can remain pending for a longer time. Learn what to do when atransaction stays unconfirmed.
Confirming
Once a transaction has had its first block confirmation, its status switches toConfirming. This status remains until the required number of confirmations is reached.
Click a transaction in theLast operations list to Open theOperations details to track its status.
ClickView in explorer to look up the transaction in a third-party network explorer. 
Confirmed 
After reaching the required number of confirmations, the transaction status switches toConfirmed.
All confirmed transactions combined make up the balance of your accounts and portfolio.
Crypto assets in your portfolio can only be sent if the transaction, with which you received them, is confirmed.
Manage ERC20 tokens
Ledger Live currently does not natively support ERC20 tokens, although this feature is planned to be added. ERC20 tokens sent to your ETH address will not display in yourLast operationslist, nor will they be reflected in your balance.

You can useMyEtherWalletorMyCryptoto manage tokens on your Ledger hardware wallet.

Setup instructions
Learn how to set up MyEtherWallet.
Learn how to set upMyCrypto.
Use multiple devices
The Ledger Live application can be used with multiple Ledger devices. You can either use multiple devices yourself or share a computer with multiple people that each own their device(s).

Add accounts from multiple devices
A Ledger device gives access to the crypto asset accounts associated with the 24-word recovery phrase it was configured with.  

Devices with different recovery phrases
If you'veinitializedmultiple devices with different recovery phrases, each device controls a different set of accounts. In that case, follow these tips:

First, add the accounts linked to the first device, and repeat for your other device(s).
Name the accounts such as to know which device it belongs to, assuming that you've labeled the devices.
Always connect the device that controls the selected account whensendingorreceiving. 
Devices with the same recovery phrase
If you'veinitializedone device andrestoredthe same recovery phrase on another, both devices control the same accounts. In that case, both hardware wallets can be used interchangeably with Ledger Live. You can freely add accounts, as well as verify and sign transactions with either of the two devices.

Share a computer with multiple people
To share a computer with multiple owners of a Ledger device:

Add a user account in your operating system for each person.
Log in to your personal user account to use Ledger Live with your hardware wallet(s).
Set up password lock
Enable password lock to prevent unauthorized access to Ledger Live data stored on your computer. The password encrypts all local user data, including your accounts, transactions and application settings.

Set up
A password can be set at theinitial setupor at any later moment:

Click on Settings.
Click thepassword locktoggle ( ).
Choose your password in the window that opens.
Enter your password again to confirm.
ClickSave.
  You can always return to change or disable your password.

Lock and unlock your session
Click on Lockin the top bar.
Your Ledger Live session will be locked.
To unlock, enter your password and pressEnter.
Your session should resume.
  Tips
Make sure to remember your password. Do not share it.
Losing your password requires resetting Ledger Live and re-adding accounts.
Change currency settings
A countervalue is displayed throughout the Ledger Live application to indicate the value of the crypto assets in your portfolio. First, the value of your accounts is converted to BTC and summed. Then, the total BTC value is converted to the currency configured in the settings.

Example of countervalue calculation

  Countervalues
The countervalues of the crypto assets displayed on Ledger Live are compiled from various sources and are for information purposes only. The countervalue of a given transaction is determined by third parties you use to complete the transaction. Ledger does not take responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of this information. 

Choose the currency and its rate provider
Choose the currency to display as your countervalue and which rate provider to use. The available currencies have a Bitcoin trading pair with sufficient volume on the integrated exchanges.

Click on Settings, then stay in the General tab.
Choose your preferred currency in the Countervaluedrop-down list.
Choose what exchange rate provider to use in the Rate provider drop-down list.
  The exchange service with the highest 24h-volume is selected as default rate provider.

Choose crypto asset rate provider
Click on Settings.
Click theCurrencies tab.
At the top right, choose a crypto asset.
Choose what exchange rate provider to use for this crypto asset in the Rate provider drop-down list.
  The exchange service with the highest 24h-volume is selected as default rate provider.

Install or uninstall apps
Use the Manager in the Ledger Live application to install and uninstall apps on your Ledger device.

How apps work
Your Ledger device securely stores your private keys giving access to your crypto assets.
Install apps on your device to manage different crypto assets. To manage your Bitcoin, you need to install the Bitcoin app.
Ledger devices have limited storage and the size of apps varies. You can safely install and uninstall apps when you need to without losing access to your accounts. Your private keys stay safe on your device and on your Recovery sheet.
Instructions
Open the Manager
Click Manager in the left panel.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Press the right button to allow the Manager on your device.
The Manager now opens, showing your device information and the app catalog below it.

Install an app
Search for the app to install in theApp catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
  If there's not enough storage space, simply uninstall some apps to make room. This does not affect your crypto assets.

Uninstall an app
Search for the app to uninstall in theApp catalog. 
Click theTrashbutton of the app.
An uninstallation window appears.
The uninstallation is confirmed.
  To uninstall the Bitcoin app, make sure all Bitcoin dependent apps are uninstalled first.

Bitcoin app 

Some apps require thelatest versionsof the Bitcoin and Ethereum app to be installed first.

  Dependent apps   Independent apps
Install the Bitcoin app for:
Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Private, Bitcoin testnet, Dash, Digibyte, Dogecoin, Hcash, Komodo, Litecoin, PivX, Peercoin, PosW, Qtum, Stealth, Stratis, Vertcoin, Viacoin, Zcash, ZenCash
Buy or trade cryptocurrencies
Ledger does not provide any exchange or trading services. To buy or trade crypto assets, you need to use an exchange service.

Buy/trade from Ledger Live
You can find a selection of buying or trading services from theBuy/Tradetab in Ledger Live.
Simply click on the service you wish to use. You will be redirected to the selected service in your browser.
Send from exchange to hardware wallet
Once you've bought crypto assets on an exchange service, send your bitcoins to your Ledger hardware wallet:

Copy yourreceive address in Ledger Live. 
Withdraw from the exchange service to your receive address. Refer to the exchange service you selected for specific instructions.
Solve error 0x6b00
Operations in Ledger Live that involve your Ledger device may return the error code:

Something went wrong. Please replug your device. 
Ledger device: Invalid parameter received (0x6b00).

Solve this error message by:

Ensuring your device runs the latest firmware version.
Reinstalling the apps on your device so you run the latest versions. Uninstalling apps does not affect your crypto assets, that are secured on the blockchain.
Download Ledger Chrome apps
Ledger Live has been launched to unify the previous generation companion apps. Some users may want to continue using the Ledger Chrome apps, at least until the Chrome apps platform is discontinued by Google.

Download links
Ledger Manager
Download

Ledger Bitcoin Wallet
Download

Ledger Ethereum Wallet
Download

Ledger Ripple Wallet
Download for Windows

Download for Mac

Download for Linux

Fix an incorrect balance
If your balance or transactions are incorrectly displayed in the Ledger Live application, there may be a problem with network synchronization. You can try to fix this by clearing the cache.

Clear the cache
The transactions of the accounts in your portfolio are downloaded from the blockchain network. This data, thecache, is stored on your computer and optionally encrypted with your password. Clear the cache to delete the downloaded data and force a full resynchronization with the network.

Click on Settings.
Click theHelp tab.
Click theClearbutton to clear the cache.
ClickConfirmafter reading the instructions. The application will then reopen to your dashboard.
Once Ledger Live is synchronized, your balance should be correct.

Balance still incorrect?
Ethereum smart contracts are currently not supported. ETH sent by a smart contract will not be added to your balance.
Check the network status indicator at the top right hand side of this page. If it is orange or red, the network service might be degraded. Click it to see more details on our status page.
Request assistancefrom our support team in case of doubt.
Export logs
The Ledger Live application saves a detailed timeline of its events in a log file. Exporting these logs may be useful for troubleshooting purposes.

Use keyboard shortcut
PressCTRL + E on your keyboard immediately after encountering a bug or crash.
Choose where to save the logs on your computer.
ClickSave. 
Export from settings
Click onSettingsfrom the application controls top bar.
Click on theHelptab.
Click on theExportbutton next toExport logs.
Choose where to save the logs on your computer.
ClickSave.
Help improve Ledger Live
Help our developers improve Ledger Live. Upload your logs to ourcontact form when you encounter a problem with the application. This may help our developers identify and solve the problem.

Transaction stays unconfirmed
Sometimes a transaction can remain pending in theLast operationslist for a long time, up to several days. The time before a transaction gets its first confirmation depends on:

the rate of network fees or gas included in the transaction.
the current load of pending transactions within the blockchain network.
Learn more aboutnetwork feesor thestatus of a transaction.

Wait until the transaction is dropped
You can choose to continue waiting for a confirmation. The transaction may be confirmed, even if it can take days.
You can also wait until the transaction is dropped from by the network, although this is not very likely to happen, depending on the specific network.
When the transaction is dropped, it will disappear from yourLast operations.
Increase the network fees
Instead of waiting, you can increase the network fees to accelerate your transaction. Currently this is only possible in the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome app. It will be implemented in Ledger Live later.

Open the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Click on the pending operation to open its details. 
Click the lightning icon in the bottom left corner. The tool will propose you an increased network fee rate such that the transaction will urgently be confirmed.
Carefully review the fee rate, it can be very high.
Either accept or cancel, and confirm on your Ledger device.
 

Supported crypto assets
Find the full list of supported crypto assets on ledger.com/cryptocurrencies.
Manage Ethereum tokens (ERC20) throughMyCryptoand MyEtherWallet.
Check our public roadmap for the crypto assets whose integration is planned.
Ledger's public roadmap helps to communicate about future consumer products, features and integrations. The information in the roadmap is only informative and in no way binding. Community feedback help prioritize developments, but Ledger will always keep full control of its roadmap. This roadmap does not concern Ledger's enterprise offerings.

Bitcoin (BTC)
Install the Bitcoin app on your Ledger device to manage Bitcoin (BTC) with Ledger Live. The Bitcoin app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
Install the Bitcoin app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindBitcoin in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add aneworexisting account.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
  Address formats
Legacy addressesstart with a1. This is Bitcoin's original address format. The option to add legacy addresses in Ledger Live is planned.

SegWit addressesgenerally start with a3. The SegWit upgrade reducesnetwork fees, speeds up transaction signingon hardware wallets, and enables second-layer solutions likeLightning Network. By default, new accounts added in Ledger Live are SegWit accounts.

Bech32 addressesstart withbc1. These are native SegWit addresses that feature safety and security improvements. This address format will be implemented in Ledger Live.

Ethereum (ETH)
Install the Ethereum app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage Ethereum (ETH) with Ledger Live. The Ethereum app is developed and supported by Ledger.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
Install the Ethereum app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindEthereum in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add aneworexisting account.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
  Gas Usage
Ethereum paid for your transactions is calledGas.
Gas Price:Amount of Ethereum used per unit ofGas. This determines the speed of your transaction.
Gas Limit: The maximum units ofGasyou will pay. If this is set too low, your transaction can be refused for beingOut of Gas.
XRP (XRP)
Install the XRP app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage XRP tokens with Ledger Live. The XRP app is developed and supported by Ledger.

Before you start
An XRP account costs 20 XRP. Simply send a minimum of 20 XRP to open your account. These 20 XRP will remain locked as enforced by the XRP protocol.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
Install the XRP app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindXRP in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add aneworexisting account.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
Tips
To enter a Destination tag when sending to an exchange, click on advanced options and enter theTag given by the exchange. Your Ledger device does not require a specific tag to receive XRP.
Some exchanges only send to activated addresses. Activate the address by sending at least 20 XRP from another source.
Trustlines are not supported by the Ledger Ripple Wallet.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Install the Bitcoin Cash app on your Ledger device to manage BCH with Ledger Live. The BCH app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since BCH requires it.
Install the BCH app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindBCH in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add aneworexisting account.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
  Address formats
CashAddr: Ledger does not support the CashAddr address format yet. To send BCH from your Ledger device to an address in CashAddr format, you can usethis converter toolor useElectronCash.
Segwit: Do not send BCH to a Segwit address (addresses that start with a 3). Recovering these BCH requires highly advanced skills.
EOS (EOS)
Install the EOS app on your Ledger Nano S to manage EOS with theFairy-wallet. The EOS app is developed and supported by theEOS community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the EOS app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindEOS in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the user guide for step by step instructions.
Join the Fairy-wallet Telegram or open an issue on Github if you require assistance.
 EOS accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Stellar (XLM)
Manage your Stellar tokens with your Ledger Nano S device by installing the Stellar app on your device and by using the Stellar account viewer. The Stellar account viewer is developed and supported by the Stellar community. Check the Stellar help center if you need help.

Prerequisites
A Ledger Nano S with thelatest firmware version.
The Google Chrome, Opera or Chromium browser. Other browsers are not supported.
Install the Stellar app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindStellar in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Open Stellar account viewer
Open theStellar account viewer.
Open the Stellar app on your device. The button in theConnect Ledger Nano S section becomes blue when your device is detected.
Click on Sign in with Ledger.
Use the Stellar account viewer
Receive Lumen (XLM)
To receive, share your Stellar public keywith the person or service that wants to send. The account must first receive a minimum of 1 Lumen (XLM) to be created.

Send Lumen (XLM)
To send, enter the recipient address in theTo field in the Send lumenssection.
Enter theamountto send.
Add a memo if you're depositing to an exchange. This is required for most exchanges.
ClickSend lumens. The transaction details will be displayed for verification.
ClickSubmit transaction to verify and sign it on the Ledger device. The transaction details will be displayed one by one on your device.
Press the right button on your device to confirm each of the following:
confirm transaction
transaction type
amount and token
destination address
memo
transaction fee
network 
After confirmation, the transaction will be securely signed on your device and broadcasted to the network.

 Deposit to exchange
Most exchanges require you to enter a memo to identify your account when depositing. Carefully read the deposit instructions of your exchange.

Litecoin (LTC)
Install the Litecoin app on your Ledger device to manage LTC with Ledger Live. The Litecoin app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Litecoin requires it.
Install the Litecoin app
Open the Manager inLedger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindLitecoin in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add aneworexisting account.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
  SegWit addresses
If your exchange does not yet support the SegWit address format beginning with an M, you can usethis address converter to send LTC to your Ledger device.
Monero (XMR) - Advanced
Monero (XMR) can be managed from the Ledger Nano S device with the Monero Graphical User Interface (GUI) after you've created an account with the Monero Command Line Interface (CLI).

Need assistance?
Please refer to theMonero Reddit communityfor more information and troubleshooting

Before you start 
Make sure your Ledger Nano S runs the latest firmware andhas been initialized
Download the latest versions of both theGUI and CLI Monero client
Close all Monero related processes 
Step by step instructions
Install Monero app on your Ledger device
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindMoneroin the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Select your operating system
Windows
Step 1- Go to the directory / folder `monero-wallet-gui.exe` (GUI v0.12.1.0) is located (note that `monero-wallet-cli.exe` will be in the same directory / folder as `monero-wallet-gui.exe`).

Step 2- Open a new command prompt / powershell. This is done by first making sure your cursor isn't located on any of the files and subsequently doing SHIFT + right click. It will give you an option to "Open command window here". If you're using Windows 10, it'll, most likely, give you an option to open the Powershell.

Step 3- Now type:
`monero-wallet-cli.exe --generate-from-device --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200` **(Win 7 + 8)**
`.monero-wallet-cli.exe --generate-from-device --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200` **(Win 10)**
Note that is simply a placeholder for the actual wallet name. If you, for instance, want to name your wallet `MoneroWallet`, the command would be as follows:
`monero-wallet-cli.exe --generate-from-device MoneroWallet --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200` **(Win 7 + 8)**
`.monero-wallet-cli.exe --generate-from-device MoneroWallet --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200` **(Win 10)**

Step 4- The CLI will, after executing aforementioned command, prompt your for a password. Make sure to set a strong password and confirm it thereafter.

Step 5- The Ledger will ask whether you want to export the private view key or not. First and foremost, your funds cannot be compromised with merely the private view key. Exporting the private view key enables the client (on the computer - Monero v0.12.1.0) to scan blocks looking for transactions that belong to your wallet / address. If this option is not utilized, the device (Ledger) will scan blocks, which will be significantly slower. There is, however, one caveat. That is, if your system gets compromised, the adversary will potentially be able to compromise your private view key as well, which is detrimental to privacy. This is virtually impossible when the private view key is not exported.

Step 6- You may have to hit confirm twice before it proceeds.

Step 7- Your Ledger Monero wallet will now be generated. Note that this may take up to 5-10 minutes. Furthermore, there will be no immediate feedback in the CLI nor on the Ledger.

Step 8- You may, after the CLI has generated your wallet, get an error about the wallet not being connected to the daemon. You can ignore that for now.

Step 9- Type `exit` into `monero-wallet-cli.exe` to close the CLI.

Step 10- Note that your wallet files will be stored in the same directory / folder as `monero-wallet-gui.exe` & `monero-wallet-cli.exe`. This may be a bit inconvenient. Fortunately, you can simply copy the wallet files to a different preferred directory / folder.

Step 11- Open GUI v0.12.1.0. If you have already created a wallet in the GUI, click `Cancel` when it prompts you for the password of your current wallet. This should bring you back to the wizard. If you haven't already created a wallet, you should automatically start in the wizard.

Step 12- The first page of the wizard is language selection, which looks likethis . Select your desired language to proceed.

Step 13- On the second page of the wizard, which looks likethis, select `Open a wallet from file`.

Step 14- Select the wallet file (which, to reiterate, is stored in the same directory / folder as `monero-wallet-gui.exe`) you just created with the CLI.

Step15- Congratulations, you can now use your Ledger Monero wallet with the GUI! If you have any further questions with the GUI, please refer to this guide.

Linux
Step 1- Go to the directory / folder `monero-wallet-gui` (GUI v0.12.1.0) is located (note that `monero-wallet-cli` will be in the same directory / folder as `monero-wallet-gui`).

Step 2- Open a new terminal.

Step 3- Now type:
`./monero-wallet-cli --generate-from-device --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200`
Note that is simply a placeholder for the actual wallet name. If you, for instance, want to name your wallet `MoneroWallet`, the command would be as follows:
`./monero-wallet-cli --generate-from-device MoneroWallet --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200`

Step 4- The CLI will, after executing aforementioned command, prompt your for a password. Make sure to set a strong password and confirm it thereafter.

Step 5- The Ledger will ask whether you want to export the private view key or not. First and foremost, your funds cannot be compromised with merely the private view key. Exporting the private view key enables the client (on the computer - Monero v0.12.1.0) to scan blocks looking for transactions that belong to your wallet / address. If this option is not utilized, the device (Ledger) will scan blocks, which will be significantly slower. There is, however, one caveat. That is, if your system gets compromised, the adversary will potentially be able to compromise your private view key as well, which is detrimental to privacy. This is virtually impossible when the private view key is not exported.

Step 6- You may have to hit confirm twice before it proceeds.

Step 7- Your Ledger Monero wallet will now be generated. Note that this may take up to 5-10 minutes. Furthermore, there will be no immediate feedback in the CLI nor on the Ledger.

Step 8- You may, after the CLI has generated your wallet, get an error about the wallet not being connected to the daemon. You can ignore that for now.

Step 9- Type `exit` into `monero-wallet-cli` to close the CLI.

Step 10- Note that your wallet files will be stored in the same directory / folder as `monero-wallet-gui` & `monero-wallet-cli`. This may be a bit inconvenient. Fortunately, however, you can simply copy the wallet files to a different preferred directory / folder.

Step 11- Open GUI v0.12.1.0. If you have already created a wallet in the GUI, click `Cancel` when it prompts you for the password of your current wallet. This should bring you back to the wizard. If you haven't already created a wallet, you should automatically start in the wizard.

Step 12- The first page of the wizard is language selection, which looks likethis.

Step 13- On the second page of the wizard, which looks likethis, select `Open a wallet from file`.

Step 14- Select the wallet file (which, to reiterate, is stored in the same directory / folder as `monero-wallet-gui`) you just created with the CLI.

Congratulations, you can now use your Ledger Monero wallet with the GUI! If you have any further questions with the GUI, please refer to this guide. 

Mac
Step 1- Use Finder to browse to the directory / folder `monero-wallet-gui.app` (GUI v0.12.1.0) is located.

Step 2- Right click on `monero-wallet-gui.app` -> `Show contents`

Step 3- You should now see `monero-wallet-cli`

Step 4- Go to your desktop.

Step 5- Open a new terminal.

Step 6- Drag `monero-wallet-cli` in the terminal. It should add the full path to the terminal. Do not hit enter.

Step 7- Now type:
`--generate-from-device --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200`
Note that is simply a placeholder for the actual wallet name. If you, for instance, want to name your wallet `MoneroWallet`, the command would be as follows:
`--generate-from-device MoneroWallet --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200`
Note that aforementioned text will be appended to the path of `monero-wallet-cli`. Thus, before you hit enter, your terminal should look like:
`/full/path/to/monero-wallet-cli --generate-from-device --restore-height 1580000 --subaddress-lookahead 3:200`
Where the full path is, intuitively, the actual path on your Mac OS X.

Step 8- The CLI will, after executing aforementioned command, prompt your for a password. Make sure to set a strong password and confirm it thereafter.

Step 9- The Ledger will ask whether you want to export the private view key or not. First and foremost, your funds cannot be compromised with merely the private view key. Exporting the private view key enables the client (on the computer - Monero v0.12.1.0) to scan blocks looking for transactions that belong to your wallet / address. If this option is not utilized, the device (Ledger) will scan blocks, which will be significantly slower. There is, however, one caveat. That is, if your system gets compromised, the adversary will potentially be able to compromise your private view key as well, which is detrimental to privacy. This is virtually impossible when the private view key is not exported.

Step 10- You may have to hit confirm twice before it proceeds.

Step 11- Your Ledger Monero wallet will now be generated. Note that this may take up to 5-10 minutes. Furthermore, there will be no immediate feedback in the CLI nor on the Ledger.

Step 12- You may, after the CLI has generated your wallet, get an error about the wallet not being connected to the daemon. You can ignore that for now.

Step 13- Type `exit` into `monero-wallet-cli` to close the CLI.

Step 14- Note that your wallet files will, most likely, be stored in `~`, which is short for `/Users/` on Mac OS X. This may be a bit inconvenient. Fortunately, however, you can simply copy the wallet files to a different preferred directory / folder.

Step 15- Open GUI v0.12.1.0. If you have already created a wallet in the GUI, click `Cancel` when it prompts you for the password of your current wallet. This should bring you back to the wizard. If you haven't already created a wallet, you should automatically start in the wizard.

Step 16- The first page of the wizard is language selection, which looks likethis.

Step 17- On the second page of the wizard, which looks likethis. Select `Open a wallet from file`.

Step 18- Select the wallet file (the .keys file, which, to reiterate, is stored in either `Users/` or in your preferred directory / folder) you just created with the CLI.

Start sending and receiving Monero
Congratulations, you can now use your Ledger Monero wallet with the GUI! If you have any further questions with the GUI, please refer to this guide.

Dash (DASH)
Install the Dash app on your Ledger device to manage DASH with the Ledger Live application. The Dash app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Dash requires it.
Install the Dash app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Dash in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Tron (TRX)
Install the Tron app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage TRX throughTronscan Desktop. The Tron app is developed and supported by theTron community.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
Install the Tron app
Open the Manager inLedger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindTron in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed. 
Set up Tronscan Desktop
Download and install the latest Tronscan Desktop release.
Open Tronscan Desktop.
Click on open wallet at the top right corner and again open wallet.
SelectLedger. Tronscan will display Ledger connected.
Click on open wallet and you will be automatically redirected to your Tron wallet.
Sign transactions
Keep the Tron app opened on your Ledger Nano S to sign transactions.
Tronscan will show a popup with the transaction details when a transaction signature is needed. Signatures are required whenever you vote, send TRX or change account name.
 Tron accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Neo (NEO)
Install the Neo app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage NEO with the NEON walletdesktop application. The Neo app is developed and supported by the Neo community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger device.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the Neo app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Neo in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Set up NEON wallet
Download the NEON wallet.
Open the the Neon wallet once you've installed it.
Open the Neo app on your device.
Click Login using the Ledger Nano S in the Neon wallet.
Click Use Ledger Nano S. Your account will now show.
You can use you wallet as shown below.

Send and Receive NEO
Share your public address with the sender to receive GAS or NEO. Verify the address on your device screen before sharing it.
Click Send to create a sending transaction. Fill out the recipient address, the amount and fees. Verify the transaction details on your device before confirming it. 
Press a single button to verify the different transaction details.
Press both buttons to select Confirm TX. The transaction is then signed and broadcasted.
Select and confirm Deny TX to cancel the transaction.
 NEO accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Ethereum Classic (ETC)
Install the Ethereum Classic app on your Ledger device to manage Ethereum Classic (ETC) with Ledger Live. The Ethereum Classic app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
Install the Ethereum Classic app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Ethereum Classic in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
  Gas Usage
Ethereum Classic paid for your transactions is calledGas.
Gas Price:Amount of Ethereum Classic used per unit ofGas. This determines the speed of your transaction.
Gas Limit: The maximum units ofGasyou will pay. If this is set too low, your transaction can be refused for beingOut of Gas.
VeChain (VET)
Install the VeChain app on your Ledger device to manage VET tokens withVeForge Vault. The VeChain app is developed and supported by theVechain community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome is installed.
Install the VeChain app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindVeChain in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check theVeForge Vault user guidefor step by step instructions.
Reach out to the VeChain communityfor support.
  VeChain accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Dogecoin (DOGE)
Install the Dogecoin app on your Ledger device to manage DOGE with Ledger Live. The Dogecoin app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Dogecoin requires it.
Install the Dogecoin app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindDogecoin in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add aneworexisting account.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
Zcash (ZEC)
Install the Zcash app on your Ledger Nano S to manage ZEC with Ledger Live. The Zcash app is developed and supported by Ledger.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Zcash requires it.
Install the Zcash app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Zcash in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
Install the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) app on your Ledger device to manage BTG with Ledger Live. The Bitcoin Gold app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Bitcoin Gold requires it.
Install the Bitcoin Gold app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Bitcoin Gold in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Ontology (ONT)
Install the Ontology app on your Ledger device to manage ONT and ONG tokens with the ONT wallet. The Ontology app is developed and supported by theOntology community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install Ontology app on Ledger device
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindOntology in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check theuser guidefor step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Ontology communityfor support.
  Ontology accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Qtum (QTUM)
Install the Qtum app on your Ledger device to manage QTUM with Ledger Live. The Qtum app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Qtum requires it.
Install the Qtum app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Qtum in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Nano (NANO)
Install the Nano app on your Ledger Nano S to manage NANO with the NanoVault web application. The Nano app is developed and supported by the Nano community.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
Install the Nano app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Nano in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the NanoVault user guide for step by step instructions.
Contact the Nano community on Reddit if you require assistance.
 Nano accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

DigiByte (DGB)
 

Install the DigiByte app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage DGB with the Ledger Live application. The DigiByte app is developed and supported by Ledger.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since DigiByte requires it.
Install the DigiByte app
Open the Manager inLedger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindDigiByte in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add aneworexisting account.
Sendorreceivecrypto assets.
Waves (WAVES)
Install the Waves app on your Ledger Nano S to manage WAVES with the Waves web client. The Waves app is developed and supported by the Waves community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
Install the Waves app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find Waves in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the user guide for step by step instructions.
For further assistance, request help from the Waves community or visit the Waves community forum.
 Waves accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Stratis (STRAT)
Install the Stratis app on your Ledger device to manage STRAT with Ledger Live. The Stratis app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Stratis requires it.
Install the Stratis app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Stratis in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Komodo (KMD)
Install the Komodo app on your Ledger device to manage KMD with Ledger Live. The Komodo app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Komodo requires it.
Install the Komodo app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Komodo in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Wanchain (WAN)
Install the Wanchain app on your Ledger device to manage WAN with the Wanchain GUI wallet. The Wanchain app is developed and supported by theWanchain community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the Wanchain app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindWanchain in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
  If you get an error message that the Bitcoin app is required, please install the Ethereum app. The accuracy of the error message will be improved.

Next steps
Check theuser guidefor step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Wanchain communityfor support.
  Wanchain accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Aion (AION)
Install the Aion app on your Ledger Nano S device to manage AION with the Aion Desktop Wallet. The Aion app is developed and supported by the Aion community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger device.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the Aion app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Aion in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the Aion user guide for step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Aion community on their forum, on Reddit or via email ([email protected]) if you require assistance.
 Aion accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Horizen (ZEN)
Install the Horizen app (formerly ZenCash) on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage ZEN with the Ledger Live application. The Horizen app is developed and supported by Ledger.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Horizen requires it.
Install the Horizen app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Horizen in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Ark (ARK)
Install the Ark app on your Ledger Nano S to manage ARK with the Ark wallet. The Ark app is developed and supported by the Ark community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the Ark app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find Ark in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the user guide for step by step instructions.
Join the Ark community on Slack or on Reddit if you require assistance.
 Ark accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

 
PIVX (PIVX)
Install the PivX app on your Ledger device to manage PIVX with Ledger Live. The PivX app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since PivX requires it.
Install the PivX app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find PivX in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Zcoin (XZC)
Install the Zcoin app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage XZC with the Electrum-XZC application. The app is developed and supported by the Zcoin community.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Zcoin requires it.
Install the Zcoin app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Zcoin in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Check the Zcoin user guide for step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Zcoin community on Reddit if you require assistance.
 Zcoin accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)
Install the Bitcoin Private (BTCP) app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue to manage BTCP with theElectrum BTCPapplication. The Bitcoin Private app is developed and supported by the Bitcoin Private community.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Bitcoin Private requires it.
Install the Bitcoin Private app
Open the Manager inLedger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindBitcoin Private in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the Electrum BTCP user guide (Mac/Windows or Linux) for step by step instructions and solutions to common problems.
Check the BTCP community support page if you require assistance.
 BTCP accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Vertcoin (VTC)
 

Install the Vertcoin app on your Ledger device to manage VTC with Ledger Live. The Vertcoin app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Vertcoin requires it.
Install the Vertcoin app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Vertcoin in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Peercoin (PPC)
Install the Peercoin app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage PPC with the Ledger Live application. The Peercoin app is developed and supported by Ledger.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Peercoin requires it.
Install the Peercoin app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Peercoin in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Particl (PART)
Install the Particl app on your Ledger device to manage PART tokens with the Particl-Qt wallet. The Particl app is developed and supported by theParticl community.

Before you start 
You must run Windows or Linux. Mac will be supported soon.
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the Particl app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindParticl in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check theuser guidefor step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Particl communityfor support.
  Particl accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Ubiq (UBQ)
Install the Ubiq app on your Ledger device to manage UBQ with Pyrus. The Ubiq app is developed and supported by the Ubiq community and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Ubiq requires it.
Google Chrome is installed.
Install the Ubiq app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Ubiq in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Manage UBQ tokens
Open your Ubiq wallet
Go to Pyrus.
Click the Send UBQ & tokens tab.
Select Ledger Wallet when asked how to access your wallet.
Click the Connect to Ledger Wallet button. A window opens.
Use the Ubiq default derivation path (m/44'/108'/0'/0 Ledger (UBQ) & Ubiq based tokens).
Select the address to manage.
Click on Unlock your wallet.
Send/Receive tokens
To send or receive a transaction, always verify all transaction details on your device.

To receive, verify the receive address on your address.
To send, verify the amount, recipient address and gas rate. Press the right button on your device to sign and broadcast the transaction.
GoChain (GO)
Install the GoChain app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage GO withMyCrypto or MyEtherWallet. The GoChain app is developed and supported by theGoChain community.

Before you start
Your Ledger device has the latest firmware.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the GoChain app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindGoChain in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check theMyCrypto orMyEtherWalletuser guides for setup instructions.
Reach out to the Ellaism community onRedditor Telegramif you need assistance.
 GoChain accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Proof of Authority (POA)
Install the Proof of Authority app on your Ledger Nano S device to manage POA with MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet. The POA app is developed and supported by the POA community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the POA app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find POA in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
  If you get an error message that the Bitcoin app is required, please install the Ethereum app. The accuracy of the error message will be improved.

Next steps
Check the MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet user guides for setup instructions.
Reach out to the POA community for support.
 POA accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Viacoin (VIA)
Install the Viacoin app on your Ledger device to manage VIA with Ledger Live. The Viacoin app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Viacoin requires it.
Install the Viacoin app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Viacoin in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing...
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Callisto (CLO)
Install the Callisto app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage CLO with MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet. The CLO app is developed and supported by the Callisto community.

Before you start
Your Ledger device has the latest firmware.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the CLO app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find CLO in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet user guides for setup instructions.
Reach out to the CLO community on their Reddit or forum for support.
 CLO accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

ICON (ICX)
Install the ICON app on your Ledger device to manage ICX tokens with the ICONex wallet. The ICON app is developed and supported by the ICON community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the ICON app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find ICON in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the user guide for step by step instructions.
Reach out to the ICON community for support.
  ICON accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Rise (RISE)
Install the Rise app on your Ledger Nano S to manage RISE with theRise web wallet. The Rise app is developed and supported by theRise community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
Install the Rise app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindRise in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the user guide for step by step instructions.
Join the Rise Slack community if you require assistance.
 Rise accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Stealth (XST)
Install the Stealth app on your Ledger device to manage XST with Ledger Live. The Stealth app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Stealth requires it.
Install the Stealth app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Stealth in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Expanse (EXP)
Install the Expanse app on your Ledger device to manage EXP tokens with MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto. The Expanse app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Ethereum app is installed, since Stratis requires it.
Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari is installed.
Install the Expanse app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Expanse in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Manage EXP on MyEtherWallet
Add your accounts
MyEtherWallet is a free, open-source, client-side interface provided by a third party. From MyEtherWallet, you can send and receive Ether and token transactions, and check your balance.

Go to MyEtherWallet.
Click the Send Ether & tokens tab.
Select Ledger Wallet when asked how to access your wallet.
Select EXP (Expanse.tech) in the Network scroll menu (top right corner)
Click the Connect Ledger Wallet button. A window opens.



Select the default Expanse derivation path m/44'/40'/0'/0 Network: Expanse.
select the address to manage.
Click Unlock your wallet. 


 
Send/Receive tokens
To send or receive a transaction, always verify all transaction details on your device.

To receive, verify the receive address on your address.
To send, verify the amount, recipient address and gas rate. Press the right button on your device to sign and broadcast the transaction.
Pirl (PIRL)
Install the Pirl app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage PIRL with MyEtherWallet. The Pirl app is developed and supported by thePirl community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger device.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device, as Pirl requires it.
Install the Pirl app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindPirl in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the MyEtherWalletuser guide for setup instructions.
Reach out to the Pirl community on theirforumor on Redditif you need assistance.
 Pirl accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Nimiq (NIM)
Install the Nimiq app on your Ledger Nano S to manage NIM with the Nimiq safeapplication. The Nimiq app is developed and supported by theNimiq community.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware isinstalledon your Ledger device.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
Install the Nimiq app
Open the Manager inLedger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindNimiq in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the Nimiq user guide for step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Nimiq community on Reddit if you require assistance.
 Nimiq accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Akroma (AKA)
 

Install the Akroma app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage AKA with MyEtherWallet. The AKA app is developed and supported by the Akroma community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger device.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device, as Akroma requires it.
Install the Akroma app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find Akroma in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the MyEtherWallet user guide for setup instructions.
Reach out to the Akroma community on Telegram or on Reddit if you need assistance.
 Akroma accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

PoSW coin (POSW)
Install the PosW coin app on your Ledger device to manage POSW with Ledger Live. The PoSW coin app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since PoSW coin requires it.
Install the PoSW coin app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find PoSW coin in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
Hycon (HYC)
Install the Hycon app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage HYC with theHycon Desktop Wallet. The Hycon app is developed and supported by theHycon community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger device.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
Install the Hycon app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindHycon in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check theHycon user guidefor step by step instructions.
Join the Hycon community on Telegram or request help by mail ([email protected]) if you require assistance.
 Hycon accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Rootstock (RSK)
Install the Rootstock app on your Ledger Nano S device to manage RSK with MyCrypto. The RSK app is developed and supported by the RSK community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S.
The latest firmware is installed.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the RSK app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find RSK in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
  If you get an error message that the Bitcoin app is required, please install the Ethereum app. The accuracy of the error message will be improved.

Next steps
Check the MyCrypto user guide for setup instructions.
Reach out to the RSK community for support.
 RSK accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Kowala (kUSD)
Install the Kowala app on your Ledger device to manage kUSD tokens withKowala. The Kowala app is developed and supported by theKowala community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the Kowala app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindKowala in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
  If you get an error message that the Bitcoin app is required, please install theEthereumapp. The accuracy of the error message will be improved.

Next steps
Check theuser guidefor step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Kowala communityfor support.
 Kowala accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Hcash (HSR)
Install the Hcash app on your Ledger device to manage HSR with Ledger Live. The Hcash app is developed and supported by Ledger and works on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices.

Before you start
Ledger Live is ready to use.
The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
The Bitcoin app is installed, since Hcash requires it.
Install the Hcash app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Hcash in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed. 
Next steps
Add a new or existing account.
Send or receive crypto assets.
FIC Network (eFIC)
Install the FIC app on your Ledger Nano S device to manage eFIC tokens with theFoxlet wallet application. The FIC app is developed and supported by theFIC community.

Before you start
You've initialized your Ledger device.
The latest firmware isinstalled.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the FIC app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
FindFIC in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the FIC Network user guide for step by step instructions.
Reach out to the FIC Network community on Telegram, or via email ([email protected]) if you require assistance.
 FIC accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Atheios (ATH)
Install the Atheios app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage ATH withMyEtherWallet. The Atheios app is developed and supported by theAtheios community.

Before you start
Your Ledger device has the latest firmware.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the Atheios app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindAtheios in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check theMyEtherWalletuser guide for setup instructions.
Reach out to the Atheios community on theirTelegramor Discord for support.
 Atheios accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Ether-1 (ETHO)
Install the Ether-1 app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage ETHO with MyEtherWallet. The ETHO app is developed and supported by the Ether-1 community.

Before you start
Your Ledger device has the latest firmware.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
The latest version of the Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the ETHO app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find ETHO in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the MyEtherWallet user guide for setup instructions.
Reach out to the ETHO community on Reddit or Discord for support.
 ETHO accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Banano (BAN)
Install the Banano app on your Ledger Nano S device to manage BAN with BananoVault. The Banano app is developed and supported by the Banano community.

Before you start
Your Ledger Nano S has the latest firmware.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
Install the Banano app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find Banano in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the BananoVault user guide for step by step instructions.
Reach out to the Banano community on Discord if you need assistance.
 Banano accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

Ethersocial (ESN)
Install the Ethersocial Network app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage ESN with MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet. The ESN app is developed and supported by the Ethersocial Network community.

Before you start
Your Ledger device runs the latest firmware.
Ledger Live is ready to use.
Google Chrome or Firefox is installed.
The Ethereum app is installed on your device.
Install the ESN app
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find ESN in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Next steps
Check the MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet user guides for setup instructions.
Reach out to the ESN community on Telegram or WeChat for support.
 ESN accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.

FIDO U2F
FIDO U2F is a two-factor authentication method (2FA) developed by the FIDO Alliance that is supported on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue devices. It works with several web services, like Facebook, Dashlane, Gmail, Dropbox, GitHub, etc.

FIDO U2F increases your account security as both your password and Ledger device are required to login.
FIDO U2F is not related to cryptocurrencies. It's an additional utility for your Ledger device.
Prerequisites
A Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue with the latest firmware version. 
Ledger Live should be downloaded and installed.
Instructions
Set up FIDO U2F
Open the Managerin Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindFIDO U2F in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Open FIDO U2F from the dashboard of your device.
Go to the security parameters of web services partnering with FIDO U2F and follow their instructions to register your device: Facebook,Dashlane,Google,GitHub,Dropbox.
Always ensure you set up an alternative login method. Reinstalling FIDO U2F requires you reconfigure it for each service.

Restore FIDO U2F after a firmware update
The FIDO U2F app on your Ledger device maintains an internal counter that changes each time you use FIDO U2F to login on a third party service. After a firmware update, all apps have to be reinstalled. Unfortunately, this means that the counter is reset and you will not be able to login using the FIDO U2F app on your device before reconfiguring the services you use it on:

Please use an alternative means of logging in onto the services you want to access (authenticator app / one time password / request a password reset link by email).
Once logged in, go into the (security) settings of the services on which you use FIDO U2F. Then, remove FIDO U2F with your Ledger device as a method of authentication.
Re-register your device as authentication method.
HODL
Directly enter cryptocurrency receive addresses on your computer using the HODL app on your Ledger Nano S device. HODL transforms your Ledger Nano S into a keyboard to directly type your receive addresses. Get started using the instructions in this article.

Instructions
Step 1. Install HODL
Make sure your Ledger Nano S is updated to the latest firmware.

Either open the Manager in Ledger Live, OR open the legacy Ledger Manager.
Connect and unlock your device using your PIN code.
Press the right button on your device to allow Ledger manager.
Find HODL in the App catalog in Ledger Live and click Install. An installation window will appear.
Navigate to HODL on the dashboard of your device, once it has been installed.
(Mac only) Press both buttons to open HODL. Close the Keyboard Setup Assistant that opens on your Mac. This only needs to be done once.
  If the app could not be installed, free up some storage space by uninstalling apps. This does not affect your crypto assets, secured in the blockchain.

Step 2. Launch HODL
Connect and unlock your device using your PIN code.
Press the right or left button to select the HODL app from the dashboard.
Press both buttons to enter.
Step 3. Set keyboard layout
This step needs to be done only once when switching keyboard layouts.
Press the right button to select Settings. Press both buttons to enter.
Select Keyboard layout. Press both buttons to enter.
Select the layout of your computer keyboard. Qwerty, Qwerty Int’l and Azerty are supported. Press both buttons to confirm.
Note:Repeat this step after switching to another keyboard layout.

Step 4. Select crypto asset and address format
Select New address from the main menu. Press both buttons to enter.
Select a cryptocurrency. Press both buttons to enter.
Select an address format. This option depends on the selected cryptocurrency. Bitcoin supports Legacy, Segwit and Bech32 address formats.
Step 5. Select account and address index
Check the account and index shown on the device display as /account/index. Example: /0/0indicates that the first address of the first account is selected, since accounts and indexes start counting from zero.
To change the selected account: select Next account or Previous account and press both buttons to confirm. Note that the account has changed.
To change the selected address index: select Next index or Previous index and press both buttons to enter. Note that the address index has changed.
Step 6. Generate and verify address
Click where you want to enter the address on your computer. For example, click on the Withdrawal Address field when sending funds from an exchange to your own address.
Select Generate on your Ledger Nano S. Press both buttons to enter the address.
Verify that the address on the Ledger Nano S screen matches with the address on your computer screen. Press the right button located above the validation icon to confirm.
Security checks
Verify each address entered by the HODL application.
Never send funds to an address that did not match with the address shown on your device.
Contact Ledger Support in case of doubt.
OpenPGP
Install the OpenPGP app on your Ledger Nano S device to sign encrypted messages through GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG). This app is for developers that are proficient in using OpenPGP. It becomes available in the Manager if Developer mode is activated in Settings > General.

The private keys used are not generated by the seed configured on the Ledger Nano S. Carefully back them up by yourself. An experimental add-on can generate the PGP keys from the seed, although it is not fully tested.

Prerequisisites
a Ledger Nano S running the latest firmware version.
GnuPG to manage your keys.
Install the OpenPGP app
Go to Settings > General in Ledger Live.
Enable Developer mode.
Open the Manager.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
Find OpenPGP in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Setup and usage
Check the developer documentation on Github to learn how to set up and use OpenPGP.

Recovery Check
Use the Recovery Check app on your Ledger Nano S device to verify that you've correctly saved your recovery phrase. Before you continue, you need to have initialized your Ledger Nano S and saved its recovery phrase.  

Step 1. Install Recovery Check
Open the Managerin Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindRecovery Check in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
  If the app could not be installed, free up some storage space by uninstalling apps. This operation does not affect your crypto assets, that are secured in the blockchain. 

Step 2. Start Recovery Check
Connect and unlock your device.
Navigate toRecovery Check and press both buttons to open it.
Press both buttons to start the check. Repeat this twice after reading the instructions.
Press the right button to choose the length of your recovery phrase (12, 18 or 24 words).
Press both buttons to confirm.
Step 3. Check your recovery phrase
Choose the first letter of Word #1 by pressing the right or left button. Press both buttons to select the letter.
Select the second letter of Word #1. Repeat until the device shows suggested words to choose from.
Choose Word #1 from the suggested words. Press both buttons to select it.
Repeat the process for each word of your recovery phrase.
Recovery phrase matchesis displayed if you've correctly saved your recovery phrase.
Use the Manager to uninstall the app. The app is particularly big and there is no use in keeping on your device once your recovery phrase has been checked. 
Incorrect recovery phrase?
Make sure the correct recovery phrase length is selected. Enter all words of a recovery phrase.
Verify that the order of the words entered on the device matches the order written on yourRecovery sheet.
Check that all the words of your recovery phrase are on theBIP39 word list.
Still unable to find the correct recovery phrase? Pleasecontact Ledger Support.

Windows Hello
Install the Ledger Hello application on your Windows computer to unlock your Windows account using the Hello app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Buedevice.

Setup instructions
Step 1. Set a PIN code
First you need to set a PIN code as an additional login method for your Windows account.

OpenPC Settings.
ClickUsers and accounts in the left column.
ClickSign-in options.
Click theAdd button under thePIN section.
Enter your password to confirm your identity.
Choose a PIN code. You can use this PIN code to unlock your account. 
Step 2. App installation
Go toLedger Hello in the Microsoft Store and click onGet.
Install the Hello app on your device.
Open the Managerin Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
FindHello in the app catalog.
Click theInstallbutton of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will displayProcessing...
The app installation is confirmed.
Step 3. Setup
Connect and unlock your device.
Open theHelloapp on your device.
OpenLedger Helloon your computer.
Choose a name for your device and clickRegister. 
Confirm registration on your Ledger device.
Type your PIN into the Windows Security prompt that appears.
Your device will appear in the list of registered devices.
You can register up to 5 devices. Delete a registered device by clicking the trash icon, which shows  when hovering the device line.

By default, disconnecting your device or closing the app on your device will lock your workstation. You can disable this in the app's settings on your device.

Unlock your session
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open the Hello app.
Your computer will unlock instantly ifauto-unlockis enabled in the settings of the app.
Due to a limitation in Windows, Hello can only log into a locked session. Ledger Hello will be updated when Microsoft enables logging in after a log-off or restarting the computer.

Publish an app
The Ledger Manager is the service which centralizes the distribution ofBOLOS applications on Ledger devices. It is the place where both Ledger’s apps and third party apps are distributed to users.This documentaims at explaining the procedure for a third party app to be released on the Ledger Manager.

Initialize your device
Initialize your Ledger Blue device to get started. The Ledger Blue will generate new private keys to securely manage your crypto assets.

Note: Restore a configuration to recover the private keys associated with an existing recovery phrase.

Before you start
Make sure your device has the latest firmware installed.
Verify your computer has:
- Windows 7+, macOS 10.8+ or Linux;
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports;
- an internet connection and Google Chrome / Chromium installed.
 Start initialization
Connect the Ledger Blue to your computer using the USB cable.
Press and hold the power button to turn the device on. The Welcome screen is displayed.
Tap Configure as new device.
Choose a PIN code
Choose a PIN code between 4 and 8 characters long.
Tap Continue.
Enter your PIN code a second time.
Tap Continue to confirm. 
 

Save your recovery phrase
Your 24-word recovery phrase will be displayed on the Ledger Blue. Be careful, your recovery phrase will be displayed only once.

Take the blank Recovery sheet supplied in the box.
Read the Important notice on the device, then tap Continue. 
Write down words 1 to 4 on the Recovery sheet. Verify that you have written each word correctly on the Recovery sheet and at the same position as on the device.
Press Next to move to the next words or Previous to go back. Repeat the process of copying and verifying each word until the Confirmation screen appears.
Type the word that is at the requested position on the Recovery sheet and tap on it once it appears on the screen. 
Repeat the process for all requested words until Your device is ready is displayed.
Press Start to enter the dashboard.
 

Next steps
You've successfully initialized your device. Proceed to:

Use the Ledger Manager to install apps on your device.
Optimize your account security.
Update Ledger Blue firmware
 

The Ledger Blue update to firmware version 2.1.1 includes security improvements, optimized app storage use and increased app support, as well as user experience improvements. Please check our blog post for the full overview of changes.

Check our frequently asked questions about the firmware update for troubleshooting tips in case of trouble.

 

Before you start
Take out your 24-word recovery phrase. Your device has to be restored after the update. This does not affect your crypto assets, which are secured in the blockchain.
Make sure the Ledger Manager is installed on your computer.
Neo users: Note that Neo is temporarily not supported after the update. The Neo developers are working on an updated app that support the latest Ledger Blue firmware.  
 

Step by step instructions
If your Ledger Blue is:

Already in use: go to Step 1.
New and uninitialized: skip Step 1 and go directly to Step 2.
 

Step 1 - Reset your device
Connect the Ledger Blue to your computer using the USB cable.
Press the button on the device to turn it on.
Enter three wrong PIN codes to reset the device.

  

Press and hold the side button until Power off device is displayed.
Tap Power off to confirm.
Continue to Step 2 below.
 

Step 2 - Boot in recovery mode
Press and hold the side button until Boot Options is displayed.
Tap Recovery Mode. Wait until the dashboard appears.


 

Step 3 - Uninstall all apps
Launch the Ledger Manager on your computer.
Click on the APPLICATIONS tab.
Click on the grey trash icon for all apps currently installed on the Ledger Blue. This makes room for the firmware installer.
Note: Your funds are not affected by this operation, the private keys to access your crypto assets in the blockchain remain secured on your Recovery sheet.


 

 

 

Step 4 - Download and install update
Click on the FIRMWARES tab.
Click on the green INSTALL button for version 2.1.1.



The Ledger Manager will now display the installation screen while the updater is installed on the device.
Note: retry updating at a later moment if the update fails at this stage.

 

  
 

Step 5 - Proceed with firmware update
The Ledger Blue will now display the Update Firmware screen. 

Verify that the identifiers shown on both the Ledger Blue and the Ledger Manager are the same.
Verify that the firmware Version is 2.1.1.




Tap UPDATE to continue. The OS updater will now be installed.



The Ledger Blue will display MCU firmware upgrade needed and the Ledger Manager will indicate To begin, connect your Ledger Wallet.

  

 

Step 6 - Reboot in bootloader mode
Press and hold the button for 10 seconds to turn off the device.  
Release the button.
Press and hold the button for at least 5 seconds until the Boot Options are displayed. 
Tap Bootloader mode.

  

The Ledger Manager will display Restoring MCU and the device will automatically turn off.
Press the power button and release once the device turns on. The device now displays the OS Updater and Processing... screens. This procedure may take a few minutes. Please be patient during the update.

  

 

Step 7 - Restore your configuration
The firmware of your Ledger Blue is successfully updated.

For a Ledger Blue in use: Restore your device to recover your accounts.
For a new Ledger Blue: Initialize your device to get started.

Need help?
Check our frequently asked questions in case you encounter an issue.
Contact Ledger Support in case your problem is still not solved.
Ledger Blue manual
The Ledger Blue
The Ledger Blue features an LED-backlit colour touch-screen, a lipo rechargeable battery and a USB port. There is a power button on the device, you can therefore turn on your Ledger Blue without connecting it to a computer. The device can be connected to a computer or a smartphone through the USB cable. In order to make the Ledger Blue compatible with all USB ports, you can use an On-The-Go Adapter.






Getting started
Download Ledger Live, the companion app to your Ledger Blue device to get started. 

PIN Code
Press the power button on the side of the device.
If there is no battery left, connect your Ledger Blue device to a computer or a wall socket.
You can now choose:
- To configure your Ledger Blue as a new device with an original seed
- To restore a previous configuration

- If you want to create a new seed, select “Configure as new device”
- If you want to import a seed that you already have, select “Restore Configuration”
Choose a PIN code. Depending on the firmware you have, the number of digits can vary. 
In order for the PIN code to be validated, the 24 words must be validated as well.
 

24 Words Backup
The 24 words (also called the ‘seed’ or the ‘recovery phrase’) will be displayed 4 at a time. You must carefully write down each word on the recovery sheet, in the order displayed on the screen. Please note that the 24 words are only shown once during initialisation. This stage is crucial, as the 24 words constitute the proof of ownership of the account, as well as the backup of your funds.

Find the Recovery Sheet, which is placed in the Ledger Blue box.
You must write down the 24 words on the Recovery Sheet, in the correct order. Start by writing down the first word (Word #1). Please ensure correct spelling of the word before proceeding to the next one.
Write down the second word (Word #2) on the Recovery Sheet. Please ensure correct spelling of the word before proceeding to the next one.
Write down the third word (Word #3) on the Recovery Sheet. Please ensure correct spelling of the word before proceeding to the next one.
Repeat the previous step until you have written down all the 24 words.
Before proceeding, you should check the words on the Recovery Sheet, to ensure correct order and spelling. Please note that this step is an important safety measure.

The 24 words:

Ensure that you are the only person who can access your funds.
Can recover your funds if you lose your Ledger Blue device.
Are only shown once during initialisation.
Validate the 24 words on your Ledger Blue, through a confirmation process.
 

PLEASE STORE THE RECOVERY SHEET IN A SAFE LOCATION. THE RECOVERY SHEET PROVIDES DIRECT ACCESS TO YOUR FUNDS.

 

IF YOU LOSE YOUR 24 WORDS, YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO YOUR FUNDS.

 

NEVER SHARE YOUR 24 WORDS WITH ANYONE. DO NOT SAVE THEM ON YOUR COMPUTER OR ON YOUR SMARTPHONE. PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE 24 WORDS ARE SAFELY STORED.

When your Ledger Blue displays “Your device is now ready”, your device has been configured.

 

Applications on your Ledger Blue
 

A multi-application device
You can install and uninstall several applications such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and many others (altcoins, authentication, etc.). Some of them are provided by Ledger and some by other companies.

By default, there are already some applications installed on the Ledger Blue:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
FIDO U2F 
These applications can be removed or replaced. You can add new applications through the Ledger Manager, which acts as a free app store to download and delete your applications.

Attention
Note that your Ledger Blue can hold up to 8 applications at the same time. Moreover, these can be changed on an on-going basis through the Ledger Manager. Removing an application does not mean that you lose your coins. Once the coin application has been reinstalled, you will be able to see your balance and undertake transactions again.

 Install the Ledger Manager on your computer:

Open your Chrome browser
Go to : https://www.ledgerwallet.com/apps/manager
Click on “Get the App” and follow the instructions
Click on “Add to Chrome”
 

Launch the Ledger Manager
See how to launch and use the Ledger Manager

 

Remove the applications that you do not want, by clicking on the bin. Install the ones you want, by clicking on the green arrow.
 

Install your Applications
To open and manage a coin wallet, you need to:

Launch the Wallet application on your computer
 

Open the dedicated companion application on your Ledger Blue to unlock and synchronise the wallet
 

For each wallet you need two applications: one on your computer and one on your Ledger Blue.

Ledger Applications on your computer
Ledger Live
Download and install Ledger Live.
Set up your device with Ledger Live.
Third-Party Applications on your computer 
There are also additional applications not provided by Ledger but by third-parties, that can be used with the Ledger Blue. Your private keys remain securely held by the Ledger device, while undertaking transactions on these applications.

MyEtherWallet
Follow the guide to install and use the wallet:

How to use MyEtherWallet with your Ledger Blue.

It supports:

Ethereum (multiple addresses and accounts)
Ethereum Classic (multiple addresses and accounts)
Expanse (multiple addresses and accounts)
All ERC20 tokens (multiple addresses and accounts) like Expanse (EXP), Golem (GNT), Iconomi (ICN), Augur (REP) and hundreds of tokens.
GreenBits/GreenAddress
Follow the guide to install and use it:

It supports:

Bitcoin

Mycelium (Android)
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Ledger device must have the “browser support” option set on NO. Follow the guide to install and use it:

How to use your Ledger Blue on Android, with Mycelium.

It supports:

Bitcoin
Electrum
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Ledger Blue must have the “browser support” option set on NO. Follow the guide to install and use it:

How to use Electrum with your Ledger Blue.

It supports:

Bitcoin
Ubiq
To use this wallet, the companion application on your Ledger Blue must have the “browser support” option set on YES. Follow the guide to install and use it:

How to install and use Ubiq with your Ledger Blue (UBQ).

 

It supports:

Ubiq
Send crypto assets
 

If your Blue is not initialized go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/start and follow instructions.

Once your device is initialized:

1/ Connect your Ledger device and power it on
2/ Enter your PIN code 
3/ Open your Bitcoin app on your Blue
4/ Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer
5/ Click on "Send", a popup opens
6/ Fill in the required fields: amount, recipient address you can paste or scan, level of fees
7/ Click on the "Send" button
8/ Your Blue requires your manual consent to authenticate this transaction: tap on "confirm" once you have verified that the details of your transaction are right, wait until your Chrome app displays "validated"
9/ Your transaction is validated and will be tracked on the Blockchain as soon as it is confirmed by miners in accordance with Bitcoin protocol.

While waiting for this confirmation, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.

Receive crypto assets
If your Blue is not initialized go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/startand follow instructions.

Once your device is initialized:
To find your Bitcoin address (required to receive a payment),
1/ Connect your Ledger device and power it on
2/ Enter your PIN code 
3/ Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer
4/ Click on "Receive" on your Chrome app, a popup opens
5/ Copy the "Bitcoin address" which is displayed

Please note that your Ledger wallet generates a new address each time you want to receive a payment, thanks to the Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) support. Each address generated by your wallet is yours forever, you can use them several times or just once at your convenience, it won't cause problems - even if it may be safer to use each address only once.

6/ Paste this address where you are required to

While receiving payments, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.

Restore a configuration
Restore a configuration on a Ledger Blue device to restore, replace or clone a device. The Ledger Blue will recover the private keys associated with an existing recovery phrase.

Note: Initialize your device to generate new private keys and save the associated recovery phrase.

Before you start
Get the recovery phrase to restore. BIP39/BIP44 recovery phrases are supported.
Update to the latest firmware version.
Verify your computer has:
- at least Windows 7, macOS 10.8 or Linux.
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports.
- an internet connection and Google Chrome / Chromium installed. 
Start restoration
Connect the Ledger Blue to your computer using the USB cable.
Press the button to turn on the device. The Welcome screen is displayed.
Tap Restore configuration. 
Choose PIN code
Choose a PIN code between 4 and 8 characters long.
Tap Continue.
Enter your PIN code a second time. Tap Continue to confirm.

 

Enter recovery phrase
Select the length of your recovery phrase (12, 18 or 24 words). 
Note: Ledger hardware wallets generate 24-word recovery phrases.
Start typing Word #1. 
Select Word #1 among the suggested words.
Repeat the process for each word of your recovery phrase.
Your device is ready is displayed if you've successfully entered your recovery phrase.
Tap Start to enter the dashboard.
 

If your recovery phrase is not valid
Make sure the correct recovery phrase length is selected. Always enter all words of a recovery phrase.
Verify that the order of the words entered on the device matches the order written on your Recovery sheet.
Check that all the words of your recovery phrase are on the BIP39 word list.
Learn more
You've successfully restored a configuration on your Ledger Blue.

Use the Ledger Manager to install apps on your device.
Optimize your account security.
Use your Ledger Blue with Radar Relay
 

 

 

Radar Relay maintains a Øx order book and provides a simple interface to facilitate signing, finding, and filling Øx orders via browser interface.

 

To know how to connect your Ledger Blue to Radar Relay please follow this link.

Ledger Blue firmware - FAQ
How can I update my Ledger Blue device?
Please refer to our update guide for step by step instructions.

What if my Ledger Blue displays MCU firmware upgrade needed?
If you have followed the instructions of step 6 in our update guide and you are still stuck, make sure the USB cable is fully inserted on the device and on the computer

What to do if I am stuck somewhere in the update?
Please carefully read the step by step instructions. Still having issues?

Close Chrome and all other applications (crypto wallets, Geth, Parity, Mist, Bitcoin Core, etc).
Turn OFF VPN and anti-virus.
Quit, reinstall and restart the Ledger Manager.
Change the USB-cable if possible.
Restart the computer.
Try another computer.
Is it mandatory to update my Ledger Blue firmware?
Updating your Ledger Blue to firmware 2.1 is strongly recommended, but there is no mechanism to force you to upgrade.

What will happen if I do not update my Ledger Blue?
We strongly recommend updating the firmware of your Ledger Blue. However, there are no significant consequences if you do not update your device at once. The Ledger Wallet applications will notify you to update your device, but you are free to ignore them and the device will continue to work normally.

What is this update for?
The update to firmware version 2.1 introduces user experience as well as security improvements. For more information regarding the specific changes, please refer to the blog post dedicated to this firmware release.

Do I have to upgrade my Ledger Blue right away?
There is no necessity to install the firmware update immediately. It is no problem if you do not have immediate access to your device or if you do not plan to use it in the short term. You will always be able to update to the firmware later, whenever you decide to use your device. 

Is it possible to downgrade from 2.1 to 2.0?
No. For security reasons, it is not possible to downgrade the firmware of your Ledger Blue.

How many apps can I have on my Ledger Blue after the update?
The maximum amount of applications is 11. It does depend on which apps are installed. The new firmware does not expand the memory, but optimizes the usage of storage space by applications.

Many cryptocurrency projects are clones of the Bitcoin blockchain that share most of the signature code (such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, Zcash, Komodo, Stratis, Posw, Pivx, Viacoin, Vertcoin, Stealthcoin, Digibyte, Qtum, Hcash...). By refactoring all common codes in a library, hosted in the Bitcoin app, we were able to significantly reduce the size of the other apps.

However, installing applications with a completely different code base will still limit the amount of apps to 4 or 5.

Why do I need my 24-word recovery phrase during the update?
The device will be wiped when updating the Ledger Blue firmware. After the update, the private keys that manage your crypto assets in the blockchain will have to be restored on your device. Take out your Recovery sheet on which you saved your 24-word recovery phrase and restore your private keys after the update by following the restoration guide. 

Could I lose my crypto assets during this update?
Your crypto assets are secured in the blockchain and will be safe as long as the 24-word recovery phrase is properly backed-up on your Recovery sheet and securely stored. Take out the Recovery sheet before starting the update so you can restore your device.

Is your question not listed?
Please contact our support team and describe your problem in as much detail as possible.

Ledger Ripple Wallet
The Ledger Ripple Wallet application can be used to manage XRP tokens (formerly known as Ripple) secured by your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Bue device. It's been replaced by Ledger Live, the new companion app to your Ledger device. 

 

Prerequisites
A Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue with the latest firmware version.
A computer (macOS / Windows / Linux) with internet access.
Ledger Live (or the Ledger Manager) is ready to use.
Installation
Install application on your computer
Download the Ledger Wallet Ripple app for your operating system. 
Note: The app is signed by an Epic Dream SAS certificate. 
Open the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions. On Windows, click on Additional information to launch the installation despite the anti-virus warning.
Install XRP app on your device
Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
Connect and unlock your device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find XRP in the app catalog.
Click the Install button of the app.
An installation window appears.
Your device will display Processing... 
The app installation is confirmed.
Manage your XRP account
Connect your device
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open the XRP app.
Make sure Browser support is disabled in the app settings.
XRP app > Settings > Browser support > No.
Close all other applications that connect to your device.
Launch the Ledger Ripple Wallet Ripple on your computer.
The wallet synchronizes and opens. Your XRP balance is displayed.
Receive XRP tokens
Click Receive.
Copy the address.
Share it with the sender of XRP.
When sending to your XRP address from an exchange, you do not need to enter a specific destination tag. Just enter 0 if the field is required by the exchange.
Caution
An XRP account costs 20 XRP. Simply send a minimum of 20 XRP to open your account. These 20 XRP will remain locked as enforced by the XRP protocol.
Trustlines are not supported by the Ledger Ripple Wallet.
Send XRP tokens
Click Send.
Enter the amount, recipient address and network fees.
If you are sending to an exchange that requires you enter a Destination tag, click onadvanced mode in the bottom left corner of the application.
Enter the destination tag given by the exchange.
Click Send.
Verify on your device that:
the amount is correct.
the address you entered is correct.
Confirm the transaction by pressing the right button to sign and broadcast it to the network. Reject the transaction if anything is incorrectly shown on the screen. 
Troubleshooting
Incorrect transactions or balance
If your transactions or balance are not displayed correctly, try the following:

On Mac, uninstall and reinstall the Ledger Ripple Wallet application.
On Windows, press Ctrl+Shift+A to reset the application data. This does not affect your crypto assets. Your balance should be correct after synchronization.
Click Change node when opening the application. Then replace s2.ripple.com by s1.ripple.com.
Exchange returns your address is invalid
Some exchanges cannot send XRP to an unactivated address, an address that has not yet received 20 XRP to become active. Activate the address by sending at least 20 XRP from another source.

Can not synchronize
If the message Unable to synchronize your wallet is displayed, another application on your computer is preventing the connection to your Ledger device.
Close all other programs.
Disconnect and reconnect your Ledger device.
If it does not work, try to use your Ledger device on another computer to identify the problem.
Ledger Ethereum Wallet
The Ethereum Wallet Chrome application is used to manage your Ethereum (ETH) and Ethereum Classic (ETC) with your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue.

 

Prerequisites
A Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device with the latest firmware version
A computer (MacOS / Windows / Linux / Chromebook) with internet access, on which Google Chrome and the Ethereum Wallet Chrome application are installed.
Ledger Live (or the Ledger Manager) should be installed.
Manage your crypto assets
Connect your device 
Install the Ethereum app on your device using the Manager in Ledger Live.
Open the Ethereum Wallet Chrome app on your computer.
Open the Ethereum app on your device.
Choose whether to manage Ethereum or Ethereum Classic.
You can always switch between ETH and ETC by clicking on SWITCH in the top right corner.

Receive
Click on Receive after opening your wallet.
Your Ethereum address and is displayed on your computer screen, and can be copied. A QR code of your receive address is also shown.
  Please do not use the IBAN address unless otherwise indicated.

Send
Click on Send after opening the wallet.
Enter the Amount to send.
Enter the Recipient address.
Set the Gas Limit and Network Fees. More information can be found on this page.
Click on Send.
Verify on your device that:
the amount is correct.
the address you entered is correct.
Confirm the transaction to sign and broadcast it to the network. Cancel the transaction if anything is incorrect.
Troubleshooting
If the balance shown is incorrect
Refresh your wallet by clicking on the circle arrows button at the top right corner.
Reinstall the Ethereum Wallet Chrome application to allow its cache to be cleared.
There is a temporary server error. Kindly try again at a later moment.
If this doesn't resolve it:

In your Chrome browser go to chrome://extensions/

Click and drag the Ledger Wallet Ethereum to the trashcan icon.

Go to this page.

Click on the Add to Chrome button and launch it.

If the issue persists, try to check your balance on MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto. Otherwise, please request assistance.

Reinstall the Ethereum Wallet Chrome application.
Possible reasons for wishing to reinstall the Ethereum Wallet Chrome app:

To force an update
If your balance or operations list does not display properly after clearing cache
Other problems
How to reinstall it:

In your Chrome browser go to chrome://extensions/

Click and drag the Ledger Wallet Ethereum to the trashcan icon.

Reinstall the application

Click on Add to Chrome

Transaction is Rejected or Unable to Synchronize
Underneath you will find a list of possible reasons:

Out of Gas
If you don't set a high enough Gas Limit, your transaction will be rejected due to being Out of Gas.

When sending ETH to an exchange, most often you need to set a higher gas level than the default gas level set in the Ledger Ethereum Chrome app.

You can set a higher level of gas in the Ledger Ethereum Chrome app by clicking on the Advanced Mode located at the bottom left of your Send page. Unspent gas is not charged for.

Interference of another program
The connection between your Ledger device and the app might be interrupted by other programs that are open at the same time (e.g.: Mist, Geth, Electrum, MyEtherWallet, MyCrypto, Firewalls, Anti-virus, VPN etc.)

Please shut down all other programs, restart your Ledger Wallet Ethereum app and reconnect your device. If this doesn't help, kindly restart your PC.

The transaction was sent to a contract address
This type of transaction is not supported by Ledger devices, but you can manage it through MyEtherWallet: see How to use MyEtherWallet with Ledger

After a while - it can be a few hours up to a few days / weeks, according to blockchain behaviour - your transaction will be rejected by the blockchain network and your balance will be recredited. The transaction itself will remain rejected, even if your balance is correct.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please contact support through this page.

 
See your ERC-20 tokens
While your Ledger device does support ERC-20 tokens, this cannot be done through the Ledger Ethereum Wallet Chrome app. To do so, you must manage them through MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto.

Recover ETH sent to an ETC address
To recover ETH that is sent to an ETC address, please follow these steps:

Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open your ETH app on your device and the Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome app. Select the ETH Ethereum as the wallet to open.
Click on Receive and copy your ETH receive address .
On your Ledger device, enable the Browser Support setting (if using the ETH app 1.0.24 or older).
Go to MyEtherWallet and select the ETH Network in the drop-down list at the top right of MyEtherWallet.
Select the Send Ether & Tokens tab.
Select the Ledger Wallet option and click on Connect to Ledger Wallet.
Select the m/44'/60'/160720'/0' derivation path (Ledger ETC) and select the address that contains your ETH. Click on More addresses if needed.
Click on Unlock your wallet. Once done, paste your ETH address in the required field and empty your account to that address.
Recover ETC sent to an ETH address
To recover ETC that is sent to an ETH address, please follow these steps:

Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
Open your ETH app on your device and the Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome app.
Use the Receive and copy yourETC receive address.
On your Ledger device, enable theBrowser Supportsetting (if using the ETH app 1.0.24 or older).
Go to MyEtherWallet and select theETC Networkin the drop-down list at the top right of MyEtherWallet.
Select theSend Ether & Tokenstab.
Select theLedger Walletoption and click onConnect to Ledger Wallet.
Select the m/44'/60'/0'derivation path (Ledger ETH) and select the address that contains your ETC. Click on More addressesif needed.
Click onUnlock your wallet. Once done, paste your ETC address in the required field and empty your account to that address.
Ledger Bitcoin Wallet
The Ledger Bitcoin Wallet Chrome application is used to manage your Bitcoin and other crypto assets that are derived from Bitcoin. It's been replaced by Ledger Live, the new companion app to your Ledger device.

 

Prerequisites
Ledger device with the latest firmware version: Ledger Nano, HW.1, Ledger Nano S, Ledger Blue.
A computer (MacOS / Windows / Linux / Chromebook) with internet access, on which Google Chrome and the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet Chrome application are installed.
Ledger Live (or the Ledger Manager) should be installed.
Supported crypto assets
Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Dash, Digibyte, Dogecoin, Hcash, Komodo, Litecoin, Pivx, Posw, Peercoin, Qtum, Stealth, Stratis, Vertcoin, Viacoin, Zcash, Horizen.

Manage your crypto assets
Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue
Connect your device 
Install the Bitcoin app on your device using the Manager in Ledger Live.
Optional: Install the app for the crypto asset that you wish to manage.
Open the Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app.
Connect and unlock your device.
Open the app of the crypto asset you wish to use on your Ledger device.
Depending on the app you have opened:
The wallet of your chosen crypto asset directly opens.
Select Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash.
Select Legacy or Segwit addresses - Segwit is recommended. 
Receive
Click on Receive after opening your wallet.
Click on Display address on device.
Verify that the address displayed on your computer and your Ledger device match.
If they do match, confirm by pressing the right button on the Ledger Nano S (button nearest to the swivel hole) or tap Confirm on the Ledger Blue.
If they do not match, refuse it by pressing the left button (button nearest to the USB port) on the Ledger Nano S or tap Reject on the Ledger Blue. 
Once confirmed, you can share this address with the sender. 
Please mind that Bitcoin (or a Bitcoin related crypto asset) has a changing public address - this means that a different receiving address will be displayed a next time.

Send
Click on Send after opening the wallet.
Enter the Amount to send.
Enter the Recipient address.
Set the Transaction fees. Learn more here.
Click on Send.
Verify on your device that:
the amount is correct.
the address you entered is correct.
Confirm the transaction to sign and broadcast it to the network. Reject the transaction if anything is incorrectly shown on the screen. 
Ledger Nano and HW.1
The Ledger Nano and Ledger HW.1 only support Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

Connect your device 
Open the Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app.
Connect and unlock your device.
Choose whether you wish to use Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash. After:
For Bitcoin, choose whether you wish to use your Legacy or Segwit address. More information can be found here. 
For Bitcoin Cash, choose whether you wish to use your Main or Split address.
Receive
Open the Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash wallet.
Click on Receive.
Your receiving address is now displayed, which can be used to receive your chosen crypto asset.
Please mind that Bitcoin (or a Bitcoin related crypto asset) has a changing public address - this means that a different receiving address will be displayed a next time.

Send
Open the Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash wallet.
Click on Send.
Enter the Amount to send.
Enter the Recipient address.
Set the Transaction fees. Learn more here.
Click on Send.
Grab your Security card and choose the Security Card option. Once here:
Ensure that the address displayed on your screen is correct.
Use your Security Card and enter the numbers/letters of the marked in red sections on your computer screen.
Once you have entered all 4 numbers/letters, you will confirm your transaction. 
Should you have lost your Security Card, you can generate a new one using the QR code on your Recovery Phrase card on this page.

Other options
Settings
 

Display
Units: Set the default unit of how your Bitcoin values are displayed.
- in BTC (unit = 1 Bitcoin)
- in mBTC (unit = 0,001 Bitcoin)
- in bits (unit =  0,000 001 Bitcoin)
Countervalue: Select the FIAT / national currency to display the countervalue of your Bitcoins. Ledger Wallet countervalue is based on openexchangerate and coinmarketcap rates.
Language and region: Used to change the language used. Region can be used to optimize the language for the selected region (ex.: British vs. American English). 
Coin
Confirmations to spend: Set the minimum blockchain confirmations required to hide the "unconfirmed" mention from 1 up to 6 confirmations.
Transactions: Select high (fast), medium and low (slow) transaction fees. Can be manually edited when sending a transaction. More information can be found here. 
Blockchain Explorer: Select the Blockchain explorer you want to use to track your transactions on the blockchain.
Hardware (Nano / HW.1 only)
Firmware: Informs you if there is a firmware update available.
Paired Smarthphones: Discontinued option where you could pair your smartphone so transactions could be confirmed through your mobile phone. 
Apps (Beta)
Beta app to connect with Bitcoin (for advanced users). See https://github.com/biti d/bitid
Tools
Reset application data: Click and confirm to force your Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome app to reload Blockchain information. It can be useful if your wallet does not display your last operations or displays a wrong balance.
Pay with Chrome app by default: Sets your Ledger Wallet as your default payment wallet. Click on it to redirect to the Bitcoin payment registering link.
Diagnostic: When ON (green slider), your logs will be sent to customer support by default when you send a message through the Help tab. When OFF (grey slider), your logs will not be sent.
Stored Logs: Turn ON the Diagnostic slider (Green) and click on Export to save your logs file. This may be asked by the customer support for troubleshooting. 
Blockchains
Lets you reselect which strand of the blockchain you wish to use (Legacy / Segwit or Bitcoin / Bitcoin Cash).
Version
Displays the current version of your Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app.
Add, delete and hide accounts
Add another account
You will need to have had a balance of your chosen crypto asset on your previously created account.
Click on Add an account at the top right corner of your Accounts page.
You can name the account to keep them apart. This can be edited through Account settings.
Delete or hide an account
You can only delete an account if it remained inactive.
Select the account you want to delete by clicking on its title.
Click on Account settings at the top right corner.
Here to:
Delete your account: Click on Delete account at the bottom left of the window. If this is not shown, your account is already active and can only be hidden.
Hide your account: Click on Hide Account at the bottom left of the window. This will cause it to no longer show up.
Show a hidden account
Go to the Accounts tab.
Click on Add an account at the top right corner.
Click on Show beside the account you want to display.
If you have a hidden wallet, attached to a passphrase, see this tutorial.

Find your Extended Public Key (xpub)
Click on the account of which you wish to have the xpub under the Accounts tab.
Click on Account Settings in the top right corner.
Click on Export next to the Extended public key option. 
Troubleshooting
If the Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app does not open
Ledger Nano S / Ledger Blue:

Ensure having the latest firmware and apps installed onto your device. For apps: this is done by deleting and reinstalling them.
Ledger Nano / HW.1:

Update your device through fup.hardwarewallet.com - ensure having your correct 24 words to not lose your crypto assets.
Other solutions (both devices):

Try with a different USB cable (Ledger Nano S / Ledger Blue only), port and/or computer.
Ensure no other programs running at the same time that could interfere with the USB connection.
Disconnect and reconnect your device.
Restart the Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app.
Uninstall and reinstall the Bitcoin Chrome app.
If your balance or transactions seem incorrect
A few (temporary) techincal issues that may be the underlying cause: 

If the wallets take too long to synchronize or does not open at all, it may mean that the Ledger API or the blockchains experience network issues.
If the Ledger wallet opens, the information initially displayed on the app may not be up-to-date: some transactions may be missing and creating new transactions might not work.
If all your transactions are confirmed on the blockchain, but your Bitcoin balance does not reflect the right total amount, with a false or a null sum, it must be a temporary display or server issue.
Rest assured: Your crypto assets should still be safe. Check the status of your accounts on blockchain explorers.

If this is not the case, please attempt the following:

Disconnect and reconnect your device.
Check that you do not have any firewall or security program which would block our servers.
Refresh your wallet by clicking on the circle arrows on the top right corner, near your balance.
Reset your Chrome app by clicking on Settings > Tools > Reset application data.
Reinstall the Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app:
In your Chrome browser go to chrome://extensions/
Click and drag the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin to the trashcan icon.
Go to this page.
Click on the Add to Chrome button and launch it.
If your transaction is failing
Synchronisation failed. Reset the Chrome app by clicking on Settings > Tools > Reset application data and try again.
The amount + fees exceed your total balance.
There is an unconfirmed transaction in your wallet. You need to wait until it is confirmed or rejected. Ledger can not take actions in this process.
Your selected fees may have been too low. Please retry sending your transaction by selecting the Custom fees option and slightly increasing the fees.
You did not confirm the transaction. When you try to make a transaction, the Ledger Nano S displays the message Confirm transaction with a cross on the left and a check icon (?) on the right. After verifying that the receiving address is correct, you can press on the check icon button. The Ledger Blue has a similar confirmation method on its touch screen.
Servers or the blockchain network are temporarily overloaded or down. You can always refer to our network status page. Try again later.
Recover BTC sent to BCH address
If Bitcoin (BTC) was accidentally sent to your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) address, recover them as follows:

Open the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet Chrome App.
Access your Bitcoin wallet (SegWit is recommended). If you can't choose Bitcoin when opening the wallet, go toSettings >Blockchains.
Clickreceiveand thendisplay address on device. Copy your receive address after you've verified that it matches the one on your device screen.
Click Settingsand then Blockchains. 
SelectBitcoin Cash and then click BTC recovery as shown below. After synchronization, the BTC that were mistakenly sent to your BCH address should appear.

Click onSEND, paste the BTC address you copied earlier, selectMAXfor the amount and send the transaction by confirming it on your device. You have now recovered your Bitcoin.
Update Ledger Nano S firmware
The update to firmware version 1.4.2 introduces minor security as well as user experience improvements. Please check our blog post for full details on the changes included in this update.

Check our update FAQ for troubleshooting tips in case you encounter any issue.

Before you start
Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Ledger Manager.
Ensure your 24-word recovery phrase is accessible if your device is already initialized.
Step by step instructions
Step 1 - Check the current firmware
Check the current firmware version.

Select your case
- If the firmware version is 1.4.2, your device already has the latest firmware.
- If the firmware version is 1.4.1 or lower, continue to Step 2. 
Step 2 - Connect to Ledger Manager
For a Ledger Nano S in use

Launch the Ledger Manager on your computer.
Connect the Ledger Nano S to the computer using the USB cable.
Enter your PIN code to unlock the Ledger Nano S.
For a new Ledger Nano S

Press and hold the right button. The right button is the one far away from the USB connector, closest to the swivel hole.
Connect the USB cable from your computer to your Ledger Nano S while holding the right button until Recovery is displayed.
 

Step 3 - Uninstall applications
Click on the Applications tab of the Ledger Manager.
Click on the grey trash icon for all applications that are currently on the Ledger Nano S. This makes room for the firmware installer.
 

Step 4 - Download and start the update
Navigate to Firmwares on the sidebar of the Ledger Manager.
 

Click on the green Install button.
 

Allow Ledger manager on the Ledger Nano S by pressing the right button. The right button is the one far away from the USB connector, closest to the swivel hole.
 

The Ledger Manager will now display the installation screen while the updater is installed on the device.
 

Note: try updating at a later moment in case the update fails at this stage.

Step 5 - Proceed with firmware update
The Ledger Nano S will now show three screens after each other in a slider. Before pressing the right button to confirm, make sure that:

You see the Update firmware screen.
The firmware Version is 1.4.2.
You have checked that the identifiers shown on both the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Manager are the same.


The first screen of the slider: Update firmware. 

 

The second screen of the slider: Version 1.4.2.

 

The third screen of the slider displays the identifier. Verify that it matches the identifier shown on the Ledger Manager.

After verification of the three screens, proceed with the update by pressing the right button.
Enter your PIN code to continue.
The OS updater will now be installed.
 

The device will reboot after installing the firmware.
At this stage, two cases are possible, depending on the firmware version that was identified in Step 1:
- If the firmware version identified in Step 1 was 1.4.1, the update is now complete. In this case the Ledger Nano S will boot as normal. Please skip Step 6 and directly go to Step 7.

- If the firmware version identified in Step 1 was 1.3.1 or lower, the Ledger Nano S will display MCU firmware is outdated (left side of the image below) and To begin, connect your Ledger Wallet on the Ledger Manager (right side of the image below). In this case, go to Step 6.

 

Step 6 - Reboot the Ledger Nano S
Disconnect your Ledger Nano S.
Press and hold the left button (the button near the USB connector). While holding the left button, reconnect the device to your computer. Release the button when Bootloader is displayed on the Ledger Nano S. Restoring MCU is then shown on the Ledger Manager.
 

During the MCU update, Update then Processing will be displayed on the Ledger Nano S and Installing firmware on the Ledger Manager. This procedure can take a few minutes. 
 

Please check our FAQ in case of an issue at this stage.

Select your case

- If you have updated a new device, go to .

- If the firmware version identified in Step 1 was 1.3.1 or higher, go directly to Step 7.

- If the firmware version identified in Step 1 was 1.2 or lower, the 24 word seed now has to be re-entered to restore the wallet. Make sure the left button is pressed when asked: Configure as new device? Refer to this article for assistance during the recovery process. 

Step 7 - Verify the firmware and MCU versions of the Nano S
Enter your PIN to unlock the Ledger Nano S. 
Note: if your PIN code includes less than 8 digits, please type in your PIN code as usual, and use the right / left button until you reach a check mark (?). Then, confirm your PIN code by pressing both buttons.
Navigate to the settings app on the Ledger Nano S: Settings > Device > Firmware.
Check the Secure Element version is 1.4.2. 
Click on the right button. Check the MCU version is either 1.5 or 1.6.
You've successfully updated the firmware of your Ledger Nano S.

Step 8 - Reinstall applications
The Ledger Nano S is now updated. You can install applications and use the device.
Go to to theAPPLICATIONStab on the Ledger Manager. For each application you wish to install, click on the green download icon. If the application installation fails, please try to disconnect the Ledger Nano S and reconnect it.
Please install the Bitcoin app first: all other apps require the Bitcoin app installed to operate properly.
 
Install and use Ledger Manager
APPLICATIONS MANAGER FOR NANO S AND BLUE

Ledger Manager is like a free app store, from where you can make updates, install and uninstall applications on the Nano S and the Blue. It doesn't manage your coins or launch your accounts applications.

 

If you own a Nano or a HW.1, you can't and don't need to use this Manager application, because your device can only manage one application, the Bitcoin wallet one.
 If you own a Nano S or a Blue, here is how to install it. Ledger Manager is a Chrome extension. You can download it here. If you ever want to uninstall it, paste this address chrome://extensions/ on your Chrome browser, scroll until you find the Ledger Manager and click on the bin icon.
First, install the Ledger Manager (requires Chrome browser or Chromium), and launch it

 

Then connect your Nano S or your Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard. For each action made with the Ledger Manager, a confirmation will be required on your device as a signature.

INSTALLATION OF THE APPLICATIONS

To install an application on your device, click on the green bottom arrow icon, and confirm the installation when required on your device. 
 

To uninstall an application on your device, click on the bin icon.
 

UPDATE OF THE APPLICATIONS
To update your applications, you need to uninstall the application, and reinstall the new version.

FIRMWARE UPGRADE
You can update the firmware of your Nano S from this Ledger Manager by following this tutorial.

Open the Ledger Manager
If you didn't install your Ledger Manager application, go here and click on "Add to Chrome"

Ledger Manager is a Chrome extension. It means that you always need the Chrome (or Chromium) browser to launch it. There are several ways to find this extension on your computer:

In your Chrome browser, go here and click on "Launch app"
OR
In your Chrome browser, open chrome://extensions/, scroll until you find the application and launch it
OR
In your Chrome browser, go to More tools > Extensions, scroll until you find the application and launch it 
OR 
create a shortcut to launch your extension when you need it by opening your Chrome extensions (see above), click on Details > create a shortcut
OR
In your Chrome browser, go to chrome://apps/, there you'll find all the extensions you installed
To know how to use this application, please refer to this guide.

Update apps on a device
The Ledger Manager displays the last version of the applications that are available to download on the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue.

To see which version you currently run on the Nano S:

On your Ledger device, open the application (for example Bitcoin)
Press the right button to display the "About" option of the application
Presse both buttons to open it
The version is displayed. If this version is lower than the one displayed on the Ledger Manager, you can update it.
To see which version you currently run on the Blue:

There is not any way to display the version of the application - this option should be released soon. If you want to make sure you run the latest version of the application, just update it.

 HOW TO UPDATE YOUR APPLICATIONS 

uninstall the application
confirm on the Ledger device if required
reinstall the new version
If you do not know how to do these steps, please consult this guide.
None of these steps will wipe your coins, as your funds are not stored inside your device but tracked on the blockchain. Your updated application will synchronize all your information as soon as it will synchronize your data from the blockchain.
Frequently asked questions
1) How to install the Ledger Manager application

Follow this linkand click on "Add to Chrome" to install the Ledger Manager. You always need the Chrome (or Chromium) browser to launch it. To launch the Ledger Manager:

in your Chrome browser, type "chrome://apps/", find the Ledger Manager application and launch it
in your Chrome browser, type "chrome://extensions/", find the Ledger Manager application and launch it
create a shortcut to launch the Ledger Manager when you need it by opening your Chrome extensions (see above) and clicking on "Details" > "Create a shortcut"
To know how to use this application, please refer to this guide.

2) If the Ledger Manager does not open
Please verify you did not already launch another Ledger application. If that is the case, quit the other application and retry.
If your Ledger manager is launched but does not open, don't forget to connect your Ledger device and to enter your PIN code
It could be an application like Mist, Geth or Parity, Electrum... Please close all the other programs on your computer or use the Ledger device on another computer.
3) If the "Unable to install app" error message on your Ledger Manager appears, it means:

there is not enough space on your device to install a new application, as your device memory is limited. Please go to this page to know more
the application you want to install is already installed on the device. To update the app, uninstall it first.
4) In "Firmwares", if the message "No items to display" appears:

 

your Ledger device is already updated
we are experiencing a temporary server issue that avoids access to the installation of applications and updates. In that case please try again to access the Ledger Manager later.
Ledger Authenticator
The Ledger Authenticator is an application for Android phones. It is used to double check transactions as a second factor of authentication, to replace the black security card. This application is only required with the Nano or the HW.1 devices as they don't have any screen to check directly the integrity of transactions.

If you own a Nano S or a Blue, you can't and don't need to use this Authenticator application, because the authentication process is yet included by design in your device. Your device features its own screen which displays an authentication push for each transaction, requiring your manual consent to sign it. 
If you own a Nano or a HW.1, here is the tutorial to install it. Take care to have your security card.
Connect your Nano / HW.1 and launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer
Open the "Settings"
In the "Settings" popup, select "Hardware"
In the "Hardware" popup, open "+ Pair a smartphone"
On your smartphone, install the Ledger Authenticator application
- through the Play Store on Android 4 and more
(not available on Windows phone and iOS phones).
On your smartphone, launch this application, and tap on "Pair a Ledger Wallet"
Scan the QR code displayed on the Chrome app popup
On your smartphone, enter the 4 digits you are are asked to by finding them on the Security card corresponding table: the 4 digits displayed on the smartphone refers to 4 other digits on this table. Type them taking care of capital letters and lowercases.
 Rename this paired wallet
Validate and wait until both your computer application and your smartphone application confirm the pairing achieved.
For your next transactions, you will be able to choose between security card authentication or Ledger Authenticator one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IMPORTANT SECURITY CAUTION

You must use from time to time - for example every 20 transactions - your security card instead of your Ledger Authenticator. For a security purpose, your wallet would be reset randomly if you only use the Ledger Authenticator application to authenticate your transaction.

Set up your Nano / HW.1
To use your Nano / HW.1, you need to configure it and install a wallet application to manage your Bitcoins.

Using the HW.1
 
Initializing the Nano / HW.1
Requirements for using a Nano / HW.1:

A computer running a Chrome browser - for managing the Bitcoin wallet application
Your Nano / HW.1 - to access Bitcoin wallet application.
Your security card - black plastic card that comes with the Nano / HW.1, used to sign transactions.
To start using your Nano / HW.1, follow these instructions:
Install Ledger Wallet Bitcoin app, which can be foundhere.
Connect your Ledger Nano / HW.1.
Choose a PIN code.
Backup your recovery phrase.
Your Nano / HW.1 is ready to be used.
Connecting the Nano:

 

Please note that the Ledger Manager application is not usable with the Nano / HW.1: this app is only suited for Nano S and Blue.
If no confirmation popup appears
If you use the Ledger Authenticator application as a second factor of authentication to sign transactions with your Nano or your HW.1, you may experience difficulties to receive your 4 digit notifications.

This issue can happen if:

You use an iOS phone: the latest updates of iOS do not support this signature. You shall use another mobile phone (Android one) or use the Security card instead of the Ledger Authenticator.
Your didn't pair your smartphone or the pairing didn't succeed: if so, refer to the Ledger Authenticator guide
How to securely initialize my Ledger Nano?
 

Warning: 
This initialization procedure is only suitable for Nano and HW.1.
Nano S and Blue already integrate a secure initialization procedure on their own screen. 

This process doesn't work on a Mac unless you know what you are doing. We highly recommend using a Linux or Windows machine.

For maximum security, you may want to initialize your Ledger Nano or HW.1 using a live OS on a USB stick. This will ensure the computer will not be connected to the internet during and after the initialization process (this is called an airgap or air-gapped machine).

We have prepared an ISO file which you can either boot in a virtual machine or write on a USB stick. It is very compact so you only need a size of 256 MB (or more).

Writing the ISO on a USB stick is easy and only requires a few steps. We recommend the use of UNetbootin (free and open source software).

Warning: This ISO doesn't support secure boot

Below is the step-by-step process. You can also followourvideotutorial.

(Optional) Format your USB drive in FAT32
Download the ISO file: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/files/ledger-secure-starter.iso (to verify the signature of the file, please refer to the end of this tutorial)
Download UNetbootin. It is available for Linux, Mac and Windows: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
Run UNetbootin and check "DiskImage" (see the screenshot below)
 

Click the "..." button and browse to the ISO file you downloaded previously.
Make sure your USB stick is detected and shown in "Drive"
Click OK and wait for the process to complete.
When done, plug the USB stick into the computer you want to use and power it on:

Most PCs will automatically boot on the USB drive
On a Mac, press and hold the Option key on your keyboard until a menu appears. Then select "Windows" to boot on the USB device
On PCs that don't automatically boot on USB devices, you will need to change the boot sequence in your BIOS / UEFI.
Entering the BIOS is done by pressing a key while the machine is starting. Most of the time, this key is F2 or DEL. 
Please refer to your computer or motherboard's manual, or contact us if you need assistance.
After booting, the application starts automatically:
 

When prompted, type 1 and press "Enter" to create a new wallet.

 

You then have to choose a 4-digit PIN code. The characters don't appear on the screen while you're typing, which is completely normal as this is the way the Linux command line interface handles password security. 

Validate by pressing Enter.

 

The next screen will ask you to repeat your password, just enter it once again and press Enter.

After confirming your password, the program will generate a Bitcoin wallet and give you a 24 words backup. Write down those your 24 words (obviously not the ones on the screenshot, and don't forget to double check what you wrote on paper!) then type "Yes" and press Enter when ready.

 

During the final step, the application will attempt to put the generated Bitcoin wallet's seed on your Ledger Wallet. You can now plug your Ledger Wallet in your computer.

 

Here is a Ledger Wallet being seeded:

 

After completing this step, you can turn off the computer, remove the Ledger Wallet and the Ledger Starter USB dongle. Your Ledger Wallet has been safely seeded is ready to be used!

Signature of the .iso file

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAABAgAGBQJV2kYpAAoJEGg9eTjfVRXOIzgH/RtCeKx1UHgQFlRDJ0i3hRI3
ohcTOE60jPLiXs2V0F0tkMXqSvtxL4FzosFP/Rz/79csu8TCXIqJ1W29UBfV9hU2
XrKXvSpSXvO50wYOM3P6lkSCRcAy6utHQGmTaDUnR+BZHpkimJI7fWmv4MWy6CbK
W1efYozDnFXDswQuu4wPZhW4sVtLApCy1hLQ6SIlmmwdNc8FbIY0yOnFar8umsDn
HnSv67VhHEeA/G0a67Kg+zXZfnWs64EYvQGstkUjANDOTH60M+KDs6xhPmbqspr2
rHuTDK4WeiBDI1OY+mJ30+h07M27Mokv4tE+XliBnZNf/zo2ukU4DyJaEmprrWg=
=ZPzE
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To verify the signature, our public key is available here: https://keybase.io/nicolab/key.asc

Security Card
 

The Security Card is a black plastic card used to double check transactions as a second factor of authentication. The security card is only required with the Nano or the HW.1 devices as they don't have any screen to check directly the integrity of transactions.

 

If you own a Nano S or a Blue, you can't and don't need to use such a card, because the authentication process is yet included by design in your device. Your device features its own screen which displays an authentication push for each transaction, requiring your manual consent to sign it. 
If you own a Nano or a HW.1, this card is provided with your device in your box. You will be asked to take it for each sending transaction from your Chrome application.
When you click on "Send" after having filled the amount and recipient address, the Bitcoin Chrome app asks you to choose between 2 ways of validation: Ledger Authenticator or Security Card. Both are made to authenticate your transaction, but with different methods.

 

The Security Card is a physical way to find 4 corresponding digits by matching lower cases, upper cases and numbers following the displayed instructions.

If you lost your Security card, you can print a new copy or generate a new one.

 

---

 

Ledger Authenticator is a mobile application made to replace the Security Card if you prefer using a smartphone. This application will display a code each time you want to verify your transaction. You can know more about it here. 

Ledger Nano (or HW.1) update is not successful
 

This section applies to the following products:

Ledger Nano (not Nano S)
Ledger HW1
We have been reported very few cases of update fails. However, if you ever encounter some glitches: do not hesitate to restart the process, or to plug/unplug the Nano 10 times if you are asked to. Even if it fails in the middle, or if you unplug the Nano by accident while flashing the firmware, you'll be able to recover.

 1/ On Linux, you may be stuck with a not recognized device: make sure that you do have added the line

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="3b7c", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"

in the file

/etc/udev/rules.d/20-hw1.rules

and that you executed:

sudo udevadm control --reload-rules

 2/ On some instances of Windows 7, the Nano is not recognized anymore during the update process. We are looking for a fix, but right now if you are in this situation you must finish the update on another computer (Mac, Linux, Windows 8...). Once the update is done, your Nano will successfully be recognized on Windows 7.

3/ On other OS, you can try to force the update by going to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ and following the process after having made sure you checked the drivers and installed the Chrome extensions.

How to securely initialize my Ledger Nano?
 

Warning: 
This initialization procedure is only suitable for Nano and HW.1.
Nano S and Blue already integrate a secure initialization procedure on their own screen. 

This process doesn't work on a Mac unless you know what you are doing. We highly recommend using a Linux or Windows machine.

For maximum security, you may want to initialize your Ledger Nano or HW.1 using a live OS on a USB stick. This will ensure the computer will not be connected to the internet during and after the initialization process (this is called an airgap or air-gapped machine).

We have prepared an ISO file which you can either boot in a virtual machine or write on a USB stick. It is very compact so you only need a size of 256 MB (or more).

Writing the ISO on a USB stick is easy and only requires a few steps. We recommend the use of UNetbootin (free and open source software).

Warning: This ISO doesn't support secure boot

Below is the step-by-step process. You can also followourvideotutorial.

(Optional) Format your USB drive in FAT32
Download the ISO file: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/files/ledger-secure-starter.iso (to verify the signature of the file, please refer to the end of this tutorial)
Download UNetbootin. It is available for Linux, Mac and Windows: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
Run UNetbootin and check "DiskImage" (see the screenshot below)
 

Click the "..." button and browse to the ISO file you downloaded previously.
Make sure your USB stick is detected and shown in "Drive"
Click OK and wait for the process to complete.
When done, plug the USB stick into the computer you want to use and power it on:

Most PCs will automatically boot on the USB drive
On a Mac, press and hold the Option key on your keyboard until a menu appears. Then select "Windows" to boot on the USB device
On PCs that don't automatically boot on USB devices, you will need to change the boot sequence in your BIOS / UEFI.
Entering the BIOS is done by pressing a key while the machine is starting. Most of the time, this key is F2 or DEL. 
Please refer to your computer or motherboard's manual, or contact us if you need assistance.
After booting, the application starts automatically:
 

When prompted, type 1 and press "Enter" to create a new wallet.

 

You then have to choose a 4-digit PIN code. The characters don't appear on the screen while you're typing, which is completely normal as this is the way the Linux command line interface handles password security. 

Validate by pressing Enter.

 

The next screen will ask you to repeat your password, just enter it once again and press Enter.

After confirming your password, the program will generate a Bitcoin wallet and give you a 24 words backup. Write down those your 24 words (obviously not the ones on the screenshot, and don't forget to double check what you wrote on paper!) then type "Yes" and press Enter when ready.

 

During the final step, the application will attempt to put the generated Bitcoin wallet's seed on your Ledger Wallet. You can now plug your Ledger Wallet in your computer.

 

Here is a Ledger Wallet being seeded:

 

After completing this step, you can turn off the computer, remove the Ledger Wallet and the Ledger Starter USB dongle. Your Ledger Wallet has been safely seeded is ready to be used!

Signature of the .iso file

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAABAgAGBQJV2kYpAAoJEGg9eTjfVRXOIzgH/RtCeKx1UHgQFlRDJ0i3hRI3
ohcTOE60jPLiXs2V0F0tkMXqSvtxL4FzosFP/Rz/79csu8TCXIqJ1W29UBfV9hU2
XrKXvSpSXvO50wYOM3P6lkSCRcAy6utHQGmTaDUnR+BZHpkimJI7fWmv4MWy6CbK
W1efYozDnFXDswQuu4wPZhW4sVtLApCy1hLQ6SIlmmwdNc8FbIY0yOnFar8umsDn
HnSv67VhHEeA/G0a67Kg+zXZfnWs64EYvQGstkUjANDOTH60M+KDs6xhPmbqspr2
rHuTDK4WeiBDI1OY+mJ30+h07M27Mokv4tE+XliBnZNf/zo2ukU4DyJaEmprrWg=
=ZPzE
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To verify the signature, our public key is available here: https://keybase.io/nicolab/key.asc

OTG Kit: adapters for your Ledger devices
 

The Ledger OTG kit contains 4 different cables to connect your Ledger devices with as many compatible smartphones, tablets and computers as possible.

Ledger devices run on

Windows (7+) with Google Chrome or Chromium
Mac (10.8+) with Google Chrome or Chromium
Linux with Google Chrome or Chromium
Chrome OS
Android using the Mycelium software
It doesn't work on iOS.
 

Type-A to Micro-USB cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano to a smartphone / tablet
a HW.1 to a smartphone / tablet
a Nano S (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet
a Blue (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet
 

Micro USB to Micro USB cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano S to a smartphone / tablet
a Blue to a smartphone / tablet
 

Type-A to Type-C cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a HW.1 to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a Nano S (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a Blue (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet / computer
 

Micro USB to Type-C cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano S to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a Blue to a smartphone / tablet / computer
General Ledger Unplugged FAQ
 

The Ledger Unplugged has been discontinued and is not available on our online store.

What is the Ledger Unplugged?

The unplugged is a NFC hardware wallet working with your Android phone. Private keys (HD wallet seed) are secured in a smartcard which also manage Bitcoin transactions signature and verification.

What are the differences with the Nano?

As it is the same firmware implementation, the features are the same. However there is only a NFC interface, and you can use it for now only with third party apps such as Mycelium or Greenbits. It is not possible to use the Ledger Chrome application.

The major benefit of the Unplugged is the mobile use case with secure signature of a transaction with just a tap.

Is it PIN protected?

Like the Nano, you have a 4 digit PIN to unlock the device. You also get a security card acting as a second factor (not needed when signing multig transactions).

Can I pay in stores with it?

Not directly. Right now you need to use a compagnion software wallet (such as Mycelium) to initiate your transaction. In the future, single tap transactions on a payment terminal will be supported.

What if I lose it?

Like the Nano, you get a recovery sheet where you will write down a backup of your seed (24 words). This backup gives you access to your bitcoins anytime, without the seed of a Ledger device.

Is the Unplugged firmware open source?

Yes. It is based on javacard and can the source is available on this Github repository. Specifications are available here.

How do I know if my Android device is compatible?

It must support Near Field Communication (NFC). If you are not sure, one simple way would be to install NFC Tag Info, tap a contactless card and see what happens - if you tap an old card and get an error saying the Mifare Classic is not supported, it's ok though.

How can I use my Nano or HW.1 on my computer
 

First, you must initialize your Nano / HW.1 and install the Bitcoin Chrome application, following this tutorial

If your device is initialized but if you forgot to download the Bitcoin Chrome app, open this page in your Chrome browser, and click on "Available on Chrome" to download and install it.

If you installed the Ledger Manager application, be careful, it only works with Nano S and Blue, you can not use this application with a Nano.

Once the Bitcoin Chrome application is installed:

Connect your Nano or HW.1 on a USB port of your computer
Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application
Enter your PIN code
Then you can see your account and manage your coins
To send your first bitcoins to your Nano, follow this tutorial 
I lost my Security card
 

If you lost your Security card, you can print a copy of it thanks to your Recovery sheet where you will find an hexadecimal identifier under the QR code:

go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/wallet/keycard
copy the hexadecimal string in the blank field
click on "generate a security card", to display your security card
click on "print" to print it
 

If you also lost your Recovery sheet with your security card QR code, you will have to create and associate a new security card by resetting your Nano. Take care, this process will wipe your device, all your data will be wiped and you'll have to recover your wallet by importing your 24 words after the update.
 
Make sure you have the 24 words of your backup correctly copied somewhere else
go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/wallet/keycard
click on "Random key" and copy the hexadecimal string displayed in a safe place, it is the identifier of your new security card
click on "generate a security card", to display your new security card
click on "print" to print it
Connect your Nano
Go to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ 
paste the identifier of your security card in the required field
click on start update and follow carefully the instruction
once the update done, don't create a new wallet: recover your previous wallet by importing your 24 words
 

If you lost your security card identifier AND your 24 words, you must empty your wallet immediately by transferring all your coins on another wallet (like Mycelium, Electrum, GreenBits, etc.) and go through the process of resetting your device, associating a new security card, and creating a new wallet where you will transfer these coins later:

Send all your coins on another wallet you own (like Mycelium or whatever)
Make sure you have the 24 words of your backup correctly copied somewhere else
go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/wallet/keycard
click on "Random key" and copy the hexadecimal string displayed in a safe place, it is the identifier of your new security card
click on "generate a security card", to display your new security card
click on "print" to print it
Connect your Nano
Go to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ 
paste the identifier of your security card in the required field
click on start update and follow carefully the instruction
once the update done, create a new wallet, copy carefully these new 24 words and keep them in a very safe place
Send all your coins from Mycelium or any other wallet you own on this new wallet
Can I import my paper wallet in my Nano or HW.1?
 

You can't spend your coins directly with your paper wallet, you need to import your coins in a software wallet, in our example Mycelium which is quite simple and safe (or any other one), and then send your bitcoins to your Nano or HW.1.

 1) If you don't have any software wallet, download and install the Mycelium application in your smartphone,
 2) click on "new wallet" and create your account,
 3) click on the camera icon, and place the paper wallet in front of the camera with the "Spend" QR code toward the camera, and wait it is read by the app,
 4) follow the instructions to import your paper wallet account on your application,
 5) once this step is done, and when your coins are imported, launch your Bitcoin application on your computer, connect your Nano and enter your PIN,
 6) click on "Receive", a dialog window appears with a QR code
 7) click on "Send" on Mycelium, and then click on "Scan QR code"
 8) scan the QR code and send your coins to your Nano or HW.1
How to import / recover a backup on my Nano or HW.1?
Any wallet using BIP 39/ BIP 44 standards can be imported on your Nano or HW.1. Of course, all the Ledger devices can be imported on another Ledger device. If you don't know if the wallet you currently use is base on BIP39 / BIP 44 standards, please visit your wallet website or contact its support.

You can recover a wallet when you first initialize your Nano, and / or after having reset your device by entering 3 wrong PIN codes in a row.

First, make sure to have a 24-word passphrase to recover. If you want to recover a Ledger backup, take the Recovery sheet where you copied these words.

Connect your Nano / HW.1 on a USB port
Launch the Bitcoin Chrome application
Select “Restore a wallet”
Choose a 4-digit custom PIN code, and confirm it
Take the Ledger Recovery sheet or any 24-word backup from a wallet designed by another brand
Copy the words following carefuly the numerical order
Wait until confirmation
What if I lose my security card?
 

This article only applies to the "Ledger Nano" and "Ledger HW1" products

In the box you'll find a restoration card. This card will be used to write down your 24 words private master seed backup at initialisation time. This card also have a QR code encoding your security card.

To print a new copy of your security card, or generate a new one, use the following tool:

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/wallet/keycard

Without a screen, how can I verify the payment address?
 

In the event of a man in the middle attack, a malware could change the destination address and ask the Ledger Wallet to sign it. As the Nano doesn't have a screen, you may wonder how it is possible to verify the address before signing the transaction.

The Nano is paired to a unique security card, which will be needed each time you need to make a payment.

When asked to sign a transaction to a payment address, the chip will select 4 random letters or numbers from the address and send it as a challenge to the wallet software. You will have to enter the corresponding symbol for each (using the security card), and only the correct combination will authorize the chip to sign.

So, if a malware changes the payment address, you will visually see that the random sampling does not correspond to the address you know.

Please watch thisvideofor a more visual explanation of the process:

You can also pair a smartphone to your Nano and use it to verify all outgoing transactions. It is a much smoother process (you will do the security card pairing only once), and it is compatible with Android and iOS.

How to send a payment with my Ledger Nano or HW.1?
 

If your Nano or HW.1 is not initialized go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/start and follow instructions.

Once your device is initialized:

1/ Connect your Ledger device 
2/ Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer
3/ Enter your PIN code, your Bitcoin wallet opens
4/ Click on "Send", a popup opens
5/ Fill in the required fields: amount, recipient address you can paste or scan, level of fees
6/ Click on the "Send" button, another popup opens
7/ Your Chrome application requires a second factor of authentication to authenticate this transaction: you can select to do it with your security card (provided with your device), or to do it with one of your paired smartphones. Select the method you prefer and go through this 2FA step following the instructions.
8/ Wait until the transaction is validated. Then it will be tracked on the Blockchain as soon as it is confirmed by miners in accordance with Bitcoin protocol.

While waiting for this confirmation, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.

How to receive a payment on my Ledger Nano or HW.1? Where can I find my Bitcoin address?
 

If your Nano (or HW.1) is not initialized go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/start and follow instructions.

Once your device is initialized:
To find your Bitcoin address (required to receive a payment),
1/ Connect your Ledger device 
2/ Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application
3/ Enter your PIN code and wait until the end of synchronization
4/ When your wallet opens, click on "Receive", a popup opens
5/ Copy the "Bitcoin address" which is displayed

Please note that your Ledger wallet generates a new address each time you want to receive a payment, thanks to the Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) support. Each address generated by your wallet is yours forever, you can use them several times or just once at your convenience, it won't cause problems - even if it may be safer to use each address only once.

6/ Paste this address where you are required to (in the wallet where your coins are)

While receiving payments, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.

Impossible to send a transaction, second factor always fails (Nano/HW1)
 

This article applies to the following products:

Ledger Nano (not Nano S)
Ledger HW1
This may happen after a firmware update. In some cases, the security card is not correctly written in the chip. The solution is to downgrade to a beta firmware and upgrade again to the latest firmware.

Here is the full procedure:

Make sure you have your recovery card with 24 words and QRcode security card 32 hexadecimal characters
Using a QRcode reader, scan the QRcode on your recovery card or type in a text file your 32 security card hexadecimals characters (you'll need them)
On the Chrome app, enter 3 times in a row a wrong PIN to reset the Ledger Nano
Go to https://fupbeta.hardwarewallet.com/
Install the two chrome extensions (follow the instructions on the page)
Type in your security card 32 characters in hexadecimal
Start the update and follow instructions
Once the update is done, go to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ledger/
Type in your security card 32 characters in hexadecimal
Start the update and follow instructions
Come back to the Chrome app once update is finalized
Restore your seed
When pairing or sending a payment, the challenge has garbled characters (Nano/HW1)
 

This article applies to the following products:

Ledger Nano (not Nano S)
Ledger HW1
If you have been in the beta program, you need to make sure that your firmware, your Chrome app and your mobile application is up to date with the production release.

First, try to remove the pairing and start a new one, this should fix the problem.

If not, you need to reflash your Nano (the security card initialization failed during update).

Launch the Ledger Wallet Chrome app (v1.1.2 or more)
Plug the Nano in the USB port
Press CTRL+SHIFT+U or ?+SHIFT+U (Mac)
Follow the instructions
If it still doesn't work, then try this other update method:
 
Go to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ledger/
Install the two chrome extensions (follow the instructions on the page)
Type in your security card 32 characters in hexadecimal
Start the update and follow instructions
Come back to the Chrome app once update is finalized
Ledger Nano or HW.1 is stuck in "verifying authenticity"
 

Linux users, please verify your udev permissions before updating your firmware.

The section below applies to Ledger Nano (not Nano S) and HW1 only:

If unplugging and plugging the hardware wallet doesn't correct the problem, then it means your update was not successful. To fix the issue, you need to update the Nano again, but using a different method. You will need your Recovery sheet to go through the process.

Go to http://hardwarewallet.smartcard.io/chrome_extensions.html and install both the chrome extensions "Application support" and "Content script support"
Go to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ledger/ and follow the instructions of the "BTChip HW.1 / Ledger Wallet Firmware Update" page.
Type in the required field the 32 characters in hexadecimal of your security card (found under the QRCode in your Recovery Sheet) 
Click on "Start update" and follow instructions
Come back to the Chrome application once update is finalized
 

How can I update my Nano or HW.1?
 

If your Ledger Nano or HW.1 needs an update, the update  will be automatically displayed when you connect to your Chrome application: you only need to follow the instructions.

Here is the video tutorial to process it

You can also force it if the update doesn't launch automatically on this page https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/. Please verify that you have your 24 words and that you installed:

the Drivers 
and the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome Extension before proceeding. 
Ledger Nano (or HW.1) update is not successful
 

This section applies to the following products:

Ledger Nano (not Nano S)
Ledger HW1
We have been reported very few cases of update fails. However, if you ever encounter some glitches: do not hesitate to restart the process, or to plug/unplug the Nano 10 times if you are asked to. Even if it fails in the middle, or if you unplug the Nano by accident while flashing the firmware, you'll be able to recover.

 1/ On Linux, you may be stuck with a not recognized device: make sure that you do have added the line

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2581", ATTRS{idProduct}=="3b7c", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"

in the file

/etc/udev/rules.d/20-hw1.rules

and that you executed:

sudo udevadm control --reload-rules

 2/ On some instances of Windows 7, the Nano is not recognized anymore during the update process. We are looking for a fix, but right now if you are in this situation you must finish the update on another computer (Mac, Linux, Windows 8...). Once the update is done, your Nano will successfully be recognized on Windows 7.

3/ On other OS, you can try to force the update by going to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ and following the process after having made sure you checked the drivers and installed the Chrome extensions.

Ledger Nano (or HW.1) is not recognized on Windows 7
 

This article applies to the following products:

Ledger Nano (not Nano S)
Ledger HW1
When specific Windows 7 hotfixes have been installed, the Ledger Wallet might be setup with an incorrect driver.

You'll see this if the device is not detected by Chrome and listed as a "WinUsb Device" in the Control Panel. 

To fix this, update the driver to be a generic "USB input device" instead. You must go in your Device Manager (windows panel), and then select the Nano in the USB devices: Right click > Properties > Update driver > Microsoft > HID > Next... Once it's done, remove the Ledger Nano, insert it again, kill all Chrome processes and restart Chrome. 

"This wallet is not supported" error message
 

This article applies to the following products:

Ledger Nano (not Nano S)
Ledger HW1
If you get a "wallet is not supported" error, itis because the Nano/HW1 has been flashed without a security card hash.

Try this method:

Launch the Ledger Wallet Chrome app (v1.1.2 or more)
Plug the Nano in the USB port
Press CTRL+SHIFT+U or ?+SHIFT+U (Mac)
Follow the instructions
If it doesn't work, then try this other update method:
Go to http://hardwarewallet.smartcard.io/chrome_extensions.html and install both the chrome extensions "Application support" and "Content script support"
Go to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ledger/ and follow the instructions of the "BTChip HW.1 / Ledger Wallet Firmware Update" page.
Type in the required field the 32 characters in hexadecimal of your security card (found under the QRCode in your Recovery Sheet)
Click on "Start update" and follow instructions
Come back to the Chrome application once update is finalized
 

How to use the Ledger Nano with GreenAddress
 

GreenAddress is a multisignature wallet with improved second factor security. One HD key is controlled by GreenAddress and one key is in your possession. You can use the Ledger Nano (or HW1) to manage your own key. This tutorial will show you how.

Warning: using your Ledger Nano with GreenAddress requires a specific personalization which is not compatible with the Ledger Chrome app. You cannot use both applications with the same hardware wallet.

First, install the GreenAddress Chrome application, and launch it.

 

Click on "Create new Wallet"

 

Click on the "use hardware wallet seed", and insert your Nano in the USB port of your computer.

 

Click on "Set up BTChip" (old name of Ledger Nano). And choose your PIN:

 

The Nano is ready, and you must now save your seed:

 

Remove the Nano and insert it on a secure Linux offline computer. It will be in keyboard mode and dump immediately the seed (set the focus on a shell or go in console mode with CTRL+SHIFT+F1).

Once seed has been dumped an secured, plug it back on the GreenAddress computer and click on Continue:

 

Complete the registration to enable the second factor, your GreenAddress wallet is now ready!

To login back to your wallet, launch the GreenAddress app and insert the Nano in the USB port:

 

Enter your PIN and confirm:

 

And you are authentified on your wallet interface:

 

All transactions will then be securely signed by your Nano and by GreenAddress key controlled by the second factor you initialized.

How to use the Ledger Nano with Mycelium Android app
 

Note: Mycelium now also compatible with the Ledger Nano S and Blue, see this article

Mycelium is an Android Bitcoin wallet fully compatible with Ledger Nano and Ledger HW1 (BIP32, BIP44). With the Ledger OTG adapter you can connect your Nano on your Android phone and access your Ledger Wallet account the same way than with the Ledger Chrome app.

The following is a video tutorial demonstrating how to access your Ledger Wallet accounts on the Mycelium Android application:

https://youtu.be/640fg8jdc8c

Error Code 400
 

[Guide available for Nano and HW.1 only]

You're trying to update your Nano and HW.1, and you're prompted "An error occurred while updating your Ledger Wallet (code: 400)".
You should update on another version of Windows, or try on a Mac or a Linux.

If you do not have another computer, you can update on this page https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/


Please verify that you have your 24 words and that you installed the Drivers and Chrome Extensions before proceeding. 

General Ledger Nano / HW.1 FAQ
 

What are the differences between the Nano and the HW.1?

The Ledger HW.1 is a low cost version of the Ledger Nano. It has exactly the same properties and level of security, and from the usage point of view it is exactly the same thing.

If you order a Ledger HW.1 Multisig, you will get three HW.1 keys containing each their security code and recovery sheet. For the Enterprise pack, you'll get 10 full HW.1 sets.

The key form factor is the main difference between the two products. It is very strong and reliable, but it definitely looks "cheaper" than the Ledger Nano metal counterpart. Also, you'll get the HW.1 brand, the plastic key doesn't have any mention of the Ledger brand.

How to initialize the Ledger Nano?

The followingvideodemonstrates the installation process and basic usage of the Ledger Wallet : 

Be sure to have the latest version of Google Chrome and go to http://my.ledgerwallet.com/
Follow the instructions and install the Ledger Wallet Chrome application.
Insert the Wallet in any USB port.
When asked to, enter a PIN code of your choice for your Ledger Wallet, or select a random one. Make sure you will remember it.
Write down the 24-word passphrase which is a backup of your private keys. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. It is the only way to retrieve your bitcoins if your Wallet is stolen, damaged, or if you lose your PIN code.
It is extremely important to secure your recovery sheet (containing your backup), and to NEVER allow any access to it. Anyone who would have a copy of your 24 words seed could steal all associated bitcoins.
How to use my smartphone as a second factor?

You can pair a smartphone (Android, iOS) to your Nano in order to get a much smoother transaction verification process. First, you need to install your mobile companion app on your smartphone:

Android
iOS (iPhone, iPad, ...)  - Important note: Epic Dream SAS is the previous name of Ledger SAS, so don't be alarmed by this name
Once it's done, open your Chrome app and connect your Nano. To pair your smartphone you must initiate a transaction (you won't have to confirm it to finish the pairing, or just send 0.001 bitcoin to yourself). Select "pair a smartphone" and follow the instructions(video).

How to transfer all my bitcoins to my new Ledger Nano?

After initialization of the Ledger Nano, you'll get a deposit public address which you'll be able to send your bitcoins to. It is not possible to import any private keys into the wallet, so all transfers can only be done using a standard Bitcoin transaction.

How to verify a transaction with the security card?

Whenever you need to do a payment, the wallet will verify 4 letters/numbers from the payment address by asking you to enter the corresponding character on the security card (for instance, "A" will correspond to a "3" on the card), as well as the characters corresponding to the amount to be paid.

This will ensure that no malware has replaced the address or the amount to be payed when asking the Ledger Wallet to sign the transaction.

How to initialize the Nano "Duo Edition"?

First, you need to follow the installation procedure for the Nano.

You should now have your first Nano initialized, and your 24 words seed backup on your recovery sheet.

Now, follow these instructions:

Remove the first Nano from the USB port, and insert the second one
Select "Restore an existing wallet", and click "Continue"
Enter and confirm your PIN (to avoid confusion, we recommend to use the same PIN, but you can also chose a different one)
Type in the 24 words in the correct order, and click "Continue"
You now have two cloned Nano that can be used independently
If something goes wrong in the seed restoration, check each of the words carefully. In case of total failure, you can reset both Nano by entering a wrong PIN three times in a row, and start again all the initialization procedure.

How to update the Nano firmware?

When a new firmware is available, the Ledger Chrome app will give you the opportunity to update it. As the update will erase your seed, you must have your recovery sheet with you (24 words and security card QR code).

Follow the instructions, the process is quite straightforward(video).If you are on Linux, you may have to add a line in the udev rules (instructions will be given).

How to use the landyard and keyrings with the Nano?

In each box you'll find a keyring and a lanyard, so you can always keep your Nano with you.

To put the Nano on the lanyard, start by making the smallest chord go through the wallet's hole:

 


Then make a little more room for the biggest chord to go through: 

 

(you can detach the lanyard from the plastic clip, but I've found that to make the handling a bit harder)

Put the other extremity (biggest chord) through the smallest chord and pull all the way through:

 


You'll have to fiddle with the last few millimeters of the whole (the plastic clip has to go through the smallest chord), but you should end up with this: 

 

You can also use the small cord to attach your Nano to a keyring:
 
How to assemble the HW.1?

It is very easy! Just look at this video:

 

Can I use the Nano or HW.1 with an Android phone?

Yes, for Android phones. You need however an OTG adapter as well as select a compatible Android wallet app (Mycelium or GreenBits).

Right now, the Ledger Wallet (our Chrome app) is not available on Android or iOS.

OTG Kit: adapters for your Ledger devices
 

The Ledger OTG kit contains 4 different cables to connect your Ledger devices with as many compatible smartphones, tablets and computers as possible.

Ledger devices run on

Windows (7+) with Google Chrome or Chromium
Mac (10.8+) with Google Chrome or Chromium
Linux with Google Chrome or Chromium
Chrome OS
Android using the Mycelium software
It doesn't work on iOS.
 

Type-A to Micro-USB cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano to a smartphone / tablet
a HW.1 to a smartphone / tablet
a Nano S (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet
a Blue (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet
 

Micro USB to Micro USB cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano S to a smartphone / tablet
a Blue to a smartphone / tablet
 

Type-A to Type-C cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a HW.1 to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a Nano S (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a Blue (with its own cable + this adapter) to a smartphone / tablet / computer
 

Micro USB to Type-C cable

 

With this adapter you can connect:

a Nano S to a smartphone / tablet / computer
a Blue to a smartphone / tablet / computer
General Ledger Unplugged FAQ
 

The Ledger Unplugged has been discontinued and is not available on our online store.

What is the Ledger Unplugged?

The unplugged is a NFC hardware wallet working with your Android phone. Private keys (HD wallet seed) are secured in a smartcard which also manage Bitcoin transactions signature and verification.

What are the differences with the Nano?

As it is the same firmware implementation, the features are the same. However there is only a NFC interface, and you can use it for now only with third party apps such as Mycelium or Greenbits. It is not possible to use the Ledger Chrome application.

The major benefit of the Unplugged is the mobile use case with secure signature of a transaction with just a tap.

Is it PIN protected?

Like the Nano, you have a 4 digit PIN to unlock the device. You also get a security card acting as a second factor (not needed when signing multig transactions).

Can I pay in stores with it?

Not directly. Right now you need to use a compagnion software wallet (such as Mycelium) to initiate your transaction. In the future, single tap transactions on a payment terminal will be supported.

What if I lose it?

Like the Nano, you get a recovery sheet where you will write down a backup of your seed (24 words). This backup gives you access to your bitcoins anytime, without the seed of a Ledger device.

Is the Unplugged firmware open source?

Yes. It is based on javacard and can the source is available on this Github repository. Specifications are available here.

How do I know if my Android device is compatible?

It must support Near Field Communication (NFC). If you are not sure, one simple way would be to install NFC Tag Info, tap a contactless card and see what happens - if you tap an old card and get an error saying the Mifare Classic is not supported, it's ok though.

 
 


© 2018 johnyexpert


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on October 10, 2018
Last Updated on October 10, 2018
Tags: ledger, wallet, crypto, support, solutions, helpline, ledgerwallet