Life in the Barrio or Life in the City?

Life in the Barrio or Life in the City?

A Story by Jomar Khristian Llanto

Life in the Barrio or Life in the City?

 

        We are living in one world. One world of different way of living. A world with different places to live. One world of we are the one who will choose on how we’ll live or where we want to live.

        Considering in the barrio or in the city, on which place I wanted to live at, I’ll choose in the barrio. In the barrio, we can have a peaceful life, together sharing the joys and sorrows of our own lives with the neighbors, inhaling fresh air from the trees around and enjoying the gifts and blessings given to us by Mother Nature. To live in a place that is not spoiled by the modern world. In a place where we are living independently. Where people are not depending on gadgets, or shall I say instant life. I’ll stand with my choice to live in the barrio. With simple ways of communicating. Simple ways of transporting. Such ways that we are not worrying about something. Something that our life is at stake. Ways of we are not worrying about accidents that may happen. Accidents that could harm people. Or some things that set our lives at risk. While when we choose to be in the city. All the opposite things in the barrio will happen. We are going to live in a violent place. A place where crimes are contagious. Where smokes, wastes, are caused of pollutions that affects human beings. Such a place that many accidents occur and life expectancy of people living in it is decreasing. It is because of the reasons I stated. I know that life in the city is easy or less-strenuous. The way of communication and transportation is effortless compared to ways in the barrio. Living in a modern time compared to old time in the barrio. Buildings and different industries that employ people compared to vast lands in the barrio. That employment of people who live in the barrio is in Agriculture compared to high-classes of employment in the city. But my stand is protecting one’s life. What will we do in a luxurious life, light ways of life, and life with easy living if our life is gradually killed by its surroundings? What is life in the city, saying it is in modern time, if its people are suffering in many diseases killing them? What is living in an easy way if our life is being killed also in an easy way? What is the word modern or new if it’s the cause of people being perished? How do the word modernization acts on its people?

I stand to live in the barrio than to live in the city. Have a thought of it, living easily and lightly with your life at risk or living simple and peaceful with no worries?

© 2014 Jomar Khristian Llanto


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 2, 2014
Tags: Barrio, City, Choice, Living