The phantom of the opera

The phantom of the opera

A Story by Black Rose

The Phantom of the Opera is my favorite play. This play is about a mysterious disfigured man who lives under a famous opera theatre in France, who falls in love with a young maiden with the voice of an angel. Unfortunately, due to his haggard appearance and his terrifying demeanor, the young maiden does not develop the same feelings for him, instead she falls in love with another man. My favorite character is in fact the Phantom. After watching this play several times , I have developed a sense of sympathy for the man.  I felt remorse for him when the young maiden, Christine, broke his heart. As a younger man  he hid behind mirrors in her room and encouraged her to sing. He is referred several times in the play as the “Angel of Music”. I think Christine became too judgmental when she discovered his true appearance. Instead of seeing how beautiful of a person he was inside she jumped to the conclusion that he was a monster.

I believe the situations in this play were believable and realistic. Every human being has gone through or is going through a phase where they fall in love with someone that has unfortunately fallen for someone else. Its almost like they give everything they have to show this person their true nature in order to prove that their feelings are real. I believe that the love triangle between Christine, Raul, and the Phantom is a real life thing. I can personally relate to this. The emotions and feeling that the Phantom felt when witnessing his love fall for someone else is heartbreaking. I have mixed feelings about how he handled the situation. I think he came on too strong by “kidnapping” her versus just revealing his true form. However, I think he was right to defend himself when he took on Raul. But it did end in his down fall.

© 2013 Black Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 1, 2013

Author

Black Rose
Black Rose

Detroit, MI



About
I am young and determined writer. I have aspirations and goals of making a career out of it. I would love to become an editor or work for a famous magazine. or even a teacher. I want to eventually pub.. more..

Writing
Selfish Selfish

A Poem by Black Rose