2: The Team of Allies

2: The Team of Allies

A Chapter by Jonny Hex

 

 

“You have been relieved of your duties. Lucifer is still loose but it is not your problem. You still have your powers. The week was over a few days ago.” Gabriel floated away. Jonathan tried to stand but his wounds aggrieved him. The two seventh grade girls and Emily walked in.

 

“Okay, explain to me how I got here.”

 

“Well, we don’t know how you were wounded but you staggered into the school and landed at our feet. You looked pretty bad so we got the school nurse to help.” The redhead said.

 

“Emily, why did y’all come to visit? Why were you two at the school on Saturday anyways?” Jonathan said to Emily.

 

“Hannah, Briana, and I were very worried. They broke into the school for entertainment. Luckily, they were there when you fell out. But how did you get those wounds?” Emily asked.

 

“I was in a battle with Lucifer and I lost… badly…. As you can tell.” Jonathan jumped out of the bed. “I need to train. Go get Roman, Mike, and Kentovious and meet me at the school track.” Emily and her sister Hannah ran out of the room. The blonde-haired woman stood there for a second and then ran after Emily. Jonathan smiled then opened the window and flew out. He looked back on the hospital and saw a man wearing a cape watching him.

“It… can’t be! It’s just as he described him. It’s Gamarai!” Jonathan dropped back to the top of the hospital.

 

“Well, you must be the one I felt. What is your name boy? And where did you get that power?” Gamarai said.

 

“My name-it’s uh. Jonathan. I was granted this power by the lord.” Jonathan staggered in saying.

 

“I am guessing you lost the battle against Lucifer.” Gamarai crossed his arms.

 

“You know about Lucifer? How is that?” Jonathan looked astonished.

 

“It’s not your problem anymore, is it?” Gamarai looked worried. “Come with me. You are her only hope. The angels aren’t worried about her.” Gamarai flew off and Jonathan just stood on the roof. He soon flew after him. They arrived at the school track and sat on the goal posts on the far end. They sat silently waiting for the girls to come.

 

“They are here.” Jonathan looked up as the girls, the nurse, and the three guys walked down the steps to the field.

 

“Jonathan, you weren’t supposed to leave the hospital. You are in big trouble.” The nurse said.

 

“You are right. I, no wait, we are in trouble. At this very moment, Lucifer is preparing to destroy the earth, and I am the only chance we have.” Jonathan jumped off the post. “I lost the first time. You can tell by the giant crater in front of the school. But this time I have Gamarai to help.” Jonathan looked back to the goal post to Gamarai whom nodded.

 

“So you don’t have the power to stop them.” Mike said. Jonathan looked back up to Gamarai and then floated into the air. Again, the armor emerged on him but his power increased a bit more. “So you had the power, but not enough.”

 

“Exactly, so I asked Emily to bring Roman for his strength, Kentovious for his intelligence, and Mike for speed and intelligence. That will bring me to the ultimate power.”

 

“Super Human, in your case.” Said Gamarai

 

“Actually it’s super Shogonan. I met my ancestor Johoyshika, king of the planet Shogona. I am not originally of Earth. That is why I was granted this power.”

 

“Well then, since you know of your Shogonan lineage, it’s time you knew. I am a surviving Shogonan Witan. I have been living on Earth watching the Shogonan royal family that lived here. Now, let’s get started. We don’t have much time before the angels attack.” Gamarai said. Jonathan nodded.

“I knew that already. My ancestor talked about you. That’s why I knew whom you were when I first saw you at the hospital. Come Roman, you’re first. Bring all you have.” Jonathan grinned. Roman walked after Jonathan. “I am not as easy to hit as you think.” Jonathan stopped and turned. Roman stopped a few feet away from him. “At any time you’re ready, Roman.” Roman charged towards Jonathan, but Jonathan countered him every time he struck. “This is no fun.” Jonathan stopped and Roman smacked him right in the cheek. Jonathan swung his head back. Every one stood in surprise. Jonathan started to laugh. He brought his head back up. There was not even a scratch on his face. “Now that was fun. Let us awaken your hidden powers. That will help us all” Jonathan walked to Roman and placed his hand on his shoulder. A burst of light surrounded him. Jonathan walked to the other two boys and did the same. Bursts of light surrounded the three of them. Jonathan walked to each of the girls and they too became surrounded by light. When the light cleared, each of them wore their own armor, similar to Jonathan’s but different in color. They also wore gauntlets with different symbols on the knuckles. “These are your hidden armors. There is one inside everyone. However, these armors can only be summoned when needed. So you won’t be able to call upon it, it will come to you.

 

“This is our hidden armor? Amazing! But why only when they are needed?” Emily asked.

 

“Unlike me, you can not be trusted to use it properly. Each of your armors is different since each of you is different. They each have a different symbol. Like my ancestor, my symbol is this.” Jonathan held up his left hand, palm towards him. The symbol on his gauntlet looked like a y with a 45-degree line on top and three dots on the outside. “This symbol means judgment since it was the nick name of my ancestor, Johoyshika’s great, great grandfather. All of our armors hold a symbol.” Jonathan walked back and forth. “I have brought out the best in all of you.”

 

“I have a question. If you could bring our powers out, then why can’t you bring your own out?” The girl named Briana asked.

“Because, that is misuse of my powers. If I did that, my worst nightmares would be released. And Lucifer’s power would grow.” Jonathan turned. “Each of you will train. I will begin my training with Roman. Mike and Kentovious should be ready. You guys are next. And after my training, I will train each of you myself. Now get to work.” Roman followed Jonathan then attacked him. Jonathan blocked each of his blows. Jonathan looked around as he blocked. Mike and Kentovious were battling each other and all three of the girls were battling each other. “Their movements are not as they should be. Mike must be holding back. And Briana is overpowering Emily and Hannah. Amazing!” Jonathan thought to himself. Jonathan played with Roman a while longer then stopped him. He battled Kentovious. “Come on Kentovious give me everything you have! I’m gonna steal your pictures!” 

 

“Leave my pictures alone!” Kentovious boosted his power and struck harder. Jonathan kept up his guard until a power level almost equal to his own emerged. Kentovious took the chance and bashed him. Jonathan emerged with a small scratch. He covered the scar with his hand. “Holy crap, I’m sorry, Jonathan! Does it hurt?”

 

“Holy s**t! I didn’t expect this! He is almost as powerful as I am.” Jonathan looked over at Mike and brought his hand off his face. As Jonathan walked towards Mike, Kentovious saw blood drip out of the scratch. Jonathan kept walking.

“Roman, attack Jonathan before he reaches Mike!” Kentovious yelled running after Jonathan. Roman threw a punch at Jonathan but Jonathan grabbed his fist and flipped Roman behind him. When Roman jumped back up, he and Kentovious attacked him together. They were quick and powerful, but not enough to stop him. Jonathan knocked them aside and stopped not far from Mike.  

 

“Are you ready? Are you ready to see the fight, people? Mike, it’s time. This is our long awaited battle.”

 

“Then let’s begin, punk, I’m gonna enjoy defeating you Jonathan.” Mike took a ready stance and waited.

 

“Okay guys, I want y’all to watch this. I know you probably wanted to watch this. This is the battle to test my true power.” Jonathan took his stance. They stared each other down. Jonathan grinned then stood straight up. “Bring it on shrimp! You can’t win against me! So, attack me! You think you can beat me, so strike!” Jonathan stood taunting Mike as much as he could. Mike growled and then pushed off the ground to attack Jonathan from below. Jonathan had few problems blocking. Mike missed him so many times; Jonathan started to taunt him again. “Hit me, hit me, boy. Man, you are slow! Come on and hit me, Mike. I’m waiting.” Jonathan moved too quickly to be caught by Mike.

 

“You will not win! I’m not that slow!” Mike’s anger grew quickly and started subsiding. Jonathan had to start blocking the attacks instead of dodging. It was as if Mike had been possessed. Jonathan stopped and grabbed Mike’s fist before it touched his face.

 

“Show me what you can really do. I want your complete power coming at me.” Jonathan released his fist and backed up. Mike backed away more and concentrated until he had reached his full power. Jonathan laughed. “That’s what I’m talking ‘bout. It’s my turn.” Jonathan boosted his power so it was slightly below Mike’s and then he flew high into the air. Mike grinned and shot up towards him. “You really think you can win? Ha, here then. This is what I have to say about your winning.” Jonathan created a large ball of energy and then shot it at Mike. Mike froze in surprise. He was blasted into the ground. Jonathan landed on the goalpost above the hole where Mike landed. Mike shot out of the hole catching Jonathan with a left jab. Mike started beating Jonathan into a pulp as if it was nothing. Mike gave one last bash to the head sending Jonathan flying into the ground. Jonathan struggled out of the hole and knelt on the ground with blood flowing from his mouth and nose. Gamarai walked in front of him.

 

“Are you done messing around or do I have to watch you take another worthless beating? Get up and act right before I beat you down myself.”

 

“Ya know, Gamarai,” Jonathan looked at him with a bloody smirk on his face. “You just have a way with words.” Jonathan stood and floated to eye level with Mike. His smirk grew larger as he came up. “Well, I’m done playing with you. Gamarai wants me to fight the right way. Now you will see real power.” Jonathan closed his eyes and his armor repaired itself. His hair began wavering in the air as if the wind was blowing and a few strands turned dark red. “You see these.” He grabbed the red strands. “This means I’m almost to my ultimate power. Now let’s finish this.” Jonathan flew towards Mike and disappeared when Mike swung at him. Mike gagged up blood and Jonathan reappeared with his fist in Mike’s stomach. Everyone looked shocked as if they had seen God doing the fighting himself. Mike began falling to the ground unconsciously. Jonathan caught him and safely returned him to the ground. He dropped Mike onto the ground and knelt beside him. Jonathan looked weakened as the strand of red hair disappeared. He shed his broken armor and put his hand on Mike’s back. A strange light surrounded them both. When the light disappeared, Jonathan wore a stylish Japanese kimono and Mike was back to his normal clothes. Jonathan snapped his fingers and everyone was back in their normal clothing.

 

“Now I’ll teach you some new moves. Roman, I think I should teach you my Rain of a Thousand Fists. With your strength and enormous muscle, I think it should multiply far beyond my own punches. Kentovious, I give you my Kazu-Roha. It’s a mind-controlled blast. The more powerful your mind and body, the greater your control and size of the blast. I never really used it so I’m not sure exactly how well it will work.” Jonathan turned to the girls. “Since Mike is out cold, I will move on to teaching you girls something. To Emily, umm, I don’t know what to call this. Whatever you decide to call it, all it does is creates an energy rose that bruises an enemy with multiple thorns of energy. I guess you could call it Hail of Thorns. Then for you two, this blast takes the both of you. I call it Fusion Scythe. It fuses two separate blasts of energy and might even fuse you two into one for a short period. I don’t know quite yet. Now I want y’all to test these moves for a bit while I take a nap. If my training buddy over there wakes up, come and get me.” Jonathan jumped up into a tree and fell into a deep sleep. His mind slipped down into dream world.

 

<          Jonathan could hear a faint whispering in the distance. Soon laughter surrounded him. “Who’s there?” No answer just more laughing. “Who’s …there?”

 

            “Jonathan, you made it.” He turned and Ruby overwhelmed him, leaping into his arms. “I’ve been waiting for you.”

 

            “R…Ruby…Ruby, is it really you? But how?” Jonathan stuttered.

 

            “Shh…don’t talk so loud. You see the dream world is a link created by a psychic & human bond. So naturally, we can communicate through it.” She explained laughing as she hugged him.

 

            “And why should I not talk so loud?” Jonathan had a confused look on his face.

 

“Because you might give Lucifer passage to me.” Ruby looked around.

 

“Too late for that.” Lucifer grabbed Ruby’s shoulder. “Come, my child. You cannot hide from me. And as for you, you must be the boy my Ruby has been talking about. But why wear a mask? You cannot keep me from seeing your face.” Lucifer reached for Jonathan’s mask but missed.  The ground shook and Jonathan started to fall. >

 

Jonathan slowly opened his eyes to find that the tree was shaking. He looked down to see Roman using a more powerful version of Rain of A Thousand Fists on the tree. “Oh, good, you’re awake. Mike has been up for awhile. Gamarai and Mike have been training us.” Roman pointed to the field where everyone was training. Jonathan hopped off the limb and patted Roman on the back.

 

“Let’s return to the field.” Jonathan walked across the track and onto the field. Jonathan walked past everyone and stopped in front of Mike. Jonathan stuck his hand out. Mike took his hand and they congratulated each other. Jonathan turned and looked at the group then at Gamarai. “How much longer till the fight?”

 

“Uh…maybe a day or two.” Gamarai looked surprised.

“Does the group know how to fly yet?” Jonathan turned back to Mike. Jonathan looked at the group. “I’ll take that as a no. First, everyone show me your moves. I want you to target me.” Everyone charged up and attacked Jonathan except Mike. Jonathan took the blasts head on. He came out without a scratch. “I forgot I haven’t given Mike my favorite moves. This first move is an Energy Nuke. It’s never been used because I feared it would destroy the planet. In addition, there are two more moves for you. One is a last resort; The Hyper Fusion Warrior. It will fuse our bodies together.” 

 

“That doesn’t sound too horrible.” Emily said. Jonathan looked at Gamarai.

 

“It wouldn’t be except that it’s permanent.” Gamarai replied stone-faced. The group looked stunned. “That’s why he said it’s a last resort.”

 

  “The other move is similar to the Kazu-Roha except this shocks your body past its natural limits and then sends an enormous wave at your enemy. I call it the Shogo-Kao-Roha. Here is a little demonstration for you.” Jonathan spread his legs partially apart. He took an attack stance with his hands to his right side. He began yelling out. “Shogo!” An enormous shield surrounded Jonathan. “Kao!” An energy ball started to form in his hand. “Ro!” It grew larger and larger. “HA!” He shot the enormous blast into the sky as to not hurt the Earth. “And that is the Shogo-Kao-Roha. I haven’t perfected it yet but that is just a taste of it.”

 

“Are you telling me that it can become even greater?” Jonathan nodded. “My goodness.” Everyone shuddered in disbelief.

 

“Now on to flying. Well maybe after lunch. I’m really hungry.” Everyone laughed. 

 

“If you’re anything like your ancestors, then you will eat like a pig.” Gamarai said laughing. Jonathan laughed, scratching his head as he did so. They all walked from the track to the side of the building where the cafeteria was. They walked in and ordered lunch. All through their lunch, everyone else in the cafeteria was staring at them.

 

“So Jonathan, how long have you actually known about your…?” Emily started to ask but couldn’t find the word to finish.

 

“My affliction? It’s been about, oh, six years, I guess since I figured it out. Three years ago is when I actually came in contact with Gabriel and he gave me the ability to see spirits.” Jonathan said staring down into his food.

 

“Master, why call it a curse to be one with so many spirits who can give you great power. It is more of a blessing if you ask me.” Jonathan shot a sharp disgusted glance at Gamarai. Jonathan stood and took his tray to be washed. After he put his tray down and thanked the lunch women, someone ran into him on his way back to the table.

 

“Nice clothes, n***a.” The rude boy said laughing at Jonathan.

 

“Thank you, you worthless child.” Jonathan said walking off. The boy ran after him and hit him a few times in his back. Jonathan continued walking. No one else in the cafeteria moved; they just watched in full disbelief of how Jonathan walked as this kid attacked him. Soon the boy had a whole group attacking Jonathan. Jonathan stopped and looked at his small group of fighters, not flinching from the beating. He smirked and in one quick yell, knocked the whole group of guys against the wall. Jonathan fell to one knee.

 

“Look at that. We hurt the lil' baby.” The boy said smirking.

 

“I wouldn’t be laughing. You weaklings couldn’t have hurt him.” Roman said standing up beside the kid.

 

“What the hell you talking ‘bout? Look at him!” The boy said picking himself up.

 

“No, you look at him. The whole time you were attacking him, he didn’t flinch. This weakening isn’t because of you. He must have hit his limit. He’s tapped into an inner darkness.” Roman pointed at Jonathan.  

 

“Or maybe it’s the darkness within himself from using his powers.” Kentovious said

 

“Get out of me.” Jonathan started to throw up blood. Something or someone with dark eyes watched him from the shadows. A dark force surrounded Jonathan. He was attacked by black devils. The head of a figure appeared from Jonathan’s back and soon a body was lying on the floor next to Jonathan. It was identical to Jonathan except for a scar over its eye. Jonathan was panting hard. Roman held him up. The dark figure walked beside the body where devils examined the body. “Stay…away…from him.”

 

“What are you gonna do? The split drained most of your power.” The dark figure smirked as he spoke. All the students and teachers in the cafeteria fled in horror of what had just happened.

 

“But I…still have the power…to defeat you!” Jonathan said still trying to catch his breath. ”There was only one person…who knew that I…held Sheik’s spirit in me…and that would be Shimne…the Wise.”

 

“Well you might be able to defeat me, but what about the great king Sheik?” At that moment, the body on the floor awoke and rose to his feet. “May I introduce to you the great and powerful 10th century king, Sheik?” The figure said as if he was truly announcing a king.

 

“Where am I? What’s going on, Shimne? How did I get here? Answer Me someone!” Sheik was infuriated. Jonathan pushed Roman away, trying to stand on his own.

 

“Sheik?! Gra…Grandfather?! Do you know who I am?” Jonathan said walking towards Sheik to the best of his ability.

“Do I know you? Are you a peasant? Humph…a peasant talking to a great king!” Sheik chuckled. Jonathan became angry and his power grew again. Sheik’s smirk quickly disappeared. “Now I remember you! You were the boy who saved my life when I was young.” Everyone in his group jumped except Gamarai. “And Gamarai…what are you doing here?” 

 

"My whole existence depended on your survival. I saw the cave behind the waterfall and thought it was strange so I went through it. When I came out, I found myself in the 10th century with you being attacked by Diablo. I drove him off and rushed you to be healed. The whole time they were trying to help you, I could feel my life being drained. I saw Gamarai for the first time but he didn't recognize me when he saw me earlier today. When you were healed, I went back through the cave and met Ruby for our date that night. No one knew I left until now." Sheik was staring at Jonathan as he spoke these facts.

 

“Come, Sheik. My boss wishes to speak to you.” Shimne turned and Sheik followed.

 

“Wait.” They both stopped. “I have a battle to fight.” Sheik turned back and stopped in front of Jonathan. Sheik dropped to a knee and blasted Jonathan with an energy beam.

 

“Oh S**t!” Jonathan tried to block but it was too late. He was beat into the wall. He tried to increase his power but Sheik knocked him through the wall. Jonathan rolled across the ground and then flipped onto his feet. As soon as he landed on his feet, Sheik started barraging Jonathan with a combination of punches and kicks. Jonathan tried to fight back but could not. He hadn’t rested at all to gain back his strength after splitting with Sheik. He was so drained. He finally got far enough and flew into the sky outside the school. “I can’t handle…him. My powers are excessively low. I only have this one chance.” Sheik started flying up towards him. Jonathan went into a floating fetal position. He began to glow and then yelled. “Super Shi Dira!” He released all the energy he had left at Sheik, then fell unconsciously towards the ground. Gamarai caught him and ran to hide somewhere. The energy made contact with Sheik. The explosion blinded everyone for a few seconds. When everyone could finally see again, Sheik was gone.

 

“Did Jonathan win?” Hannah asked. They looked at the area outside the cafeteria. A small crater created a hill on the side of the school.

 

“No. Damnit, It was intercepted. If that didn’t work then we have more problems than just Lucifer now.” Mike exclaimed.

 

            "Only one thing will work now. And that's the fusion. But it's likely that even that won't work." Gamarai said angrily.

 

            "No... He shares...my...my power." Jonathan awoke still very weak. "I must reunite with him. Only then can I be complete and reach my ultimate power." He fell unconscious once again. Gamarai carried Jonathan towards the field.

 

            "Poor boy. You are trying so hard. You are so like your ancestors." Gamarai said as he carried him. When they got to the field, Gamarai laid Jonathan in the center of the field. “I think it’s time I explained the whole story of his ancestry to you all.” The others looked at him intently. “The Shogonan are a proud race reigning originally from a far off planet called Shogona.”

 

            “Go figure.” Roman said laughing. Gamarai gave him a stern look. “Sorry, man.”

 

            “As I was explaining, centuries ago, our kingdom was at war with another tribe of the planet who were tyrants far worse than any seen on Earth. They were the Cytraceans. Our prince and king went off to fight the Cytraceans, but neither came back for a long time. But eventually one came back; the prince, Lord Sheik’s great grandfather. But he came back posing as his servant who was in love with the princess. They were exiled from the planet and came here with hundreds of followers. Shortly after, the planet was wiped clean of all intelligent life. The prince and princess started over here creating a secret kingdom, which some humans called Atlantis. But it was a grand city home to many different groups of humans. The royal blood of Shogona runs in Sheik as well as Jonathan. Their potential is incredible. Shogonans have the ability to increase in power as they were fighting. That was what made us so proud and powerful between our planet and yours. If only they could work as one, they could harness the power of Sheik’s great grandfather; of the demon key himself… Johoyshika Joncefer Jones Monroe.” Gamarai looked deep in thought as he said the name of Sheik’s ancestor. He shook his head and looked back to the group. “Okay, I want y'all to train. I am leaving now. It's time I went back to my solitude in Wales. Please let him sleep and when he wakes up, tell him to be the great leader he was destined to be. Goodbye, Earth children." Gamarai bowed and left. Mike led the group in some stretches and they began training in flight. Please No Javascript="msoCommentHide('_com_6')" Please No Javascript="msoCommentShow('_anchor_6','_com_6')" id="_anchor_6" class="msocomanchor">

 

"This is what Jonathan said we were gonna learn after lunch so let's begin." Mike said. He began by demonstrating.

 

<          Jonathan awoke lying in the clouds. Above him were many angels.

 

            “Jonathan?” One stopped above him. “Why are you here?” It was Gabriel. He helped Jonathan up.

 

            “So what’s going on here? Sheik is free.” Jonathan looked around calmly.

 

            “He is? This is getting worst. You remember how I told you that if you misused your powers, then your nightmares would come to life?”

 

            “Yea, I know. Shimne was there to meet Sheik when we split.” Jonathan said intrudingly.

 

            “What?! Well now, you know why it’s so bad up here. They managed to free themselves. Raphael and Michael are busy up here trying to figure how that managed to happen. And we are getting ready to attack. We are almost ready to go.” Gabriel said.

 

“Good, well I must be going now. I can feel my strength returning. Thank you for the info.” Jonathan said nodding to him.

 

“Hey, I want you to remember something before you go. Family is important but friends are just as important. Don’t sacrifice them to make your own goals possible.” Gabriel flew away and Jonathan awoke.                                      >

 

There were three figures standing over him under the sun; one was kneeling with its hand on his chest. Jonathan sat up and rubbed his head. “About time you woke up. Look above us.” It was Emily and the other two girls. He looked above himself and saw the guys flying. “Come fly with us. We want to finally get the chance to fly with our leader.” Jonathan struggled to his feet.

 

“I’m still a lil’ weak but I’m fine.” He slowly floated into the air with Emily at his side holding him up. He came eye level with the guys. “It’s time. Gabriel told me that the angels are ready to strike. Therefore, I have decided…I’m going alone. This is my responsibility. My twin, my girlfriend, her father, and my nightmares. Goodbye." He pushed away from Emily and flew away on his own. He sensed someone coming up behind him. He stopped and waited. Briana stopped in front of him.

 

"Why did you just leave? We want to help you. You taught us all this stuff and for what? So you can fly off and get yourself killed. It isn't right." Jonathan hovered silently looking below them refusing to look at her face. "Are you going to say anything? Well?" Jonathan was silent still. Then in a flash, he knocked Briana out and put her over his shoulder.

 

"I did it so y'all could protect yourselves if I failed." He flew back to the group. They were all silent as Emily took Briana off Jonathan's shoulders. "I'm sorry, guys. But, I need y'all to protect the Earth if I fail. Please do not interfere with the battle. I'm not going to sacrifice your lives just so I can destroy Lucifer. I'm also not going to stop you from following me. It's your choice." He turned and flew off again. Jonathan pulled a mask out of his back pocket and put it on as he flew towards the field where the mess with Lucifer all started. He wrapped himself in a cloak to confuse Lucifer when he arrived. He stopped above the field and looked down where Lucifer and his minions were standing. Lucifer saw him and floated up to eye level with Jonathan. Sheik and four warriors floated up behind Lucifer.

 

"It's you, the masked fool from my sweet daughter's dream. Have you come to rescue her from me?" Lucifer smirked as he pointed to where Ruby was tied to the tree on the edge of the field. "Come show me who you are." He brought his arm back to point at Jonathan as if an invitation to grab his hand.

 

"Surely." Jonathan started removing the mask. Lucifer gasped and Jonathan smirked. "Surprised? That's good."

 

"But how can this be? You are...the angel...who was sent to ...destroy me." Lucifer was in complete shock.

 

"Naw, that would be them." At that very moment, two angels came flying past Jonathan and hooked Lucifer, taking him down to the ground. Gabriel stopped beside Jonathan. "Glad you could make it!" They shook hands.

 

"You too. Now you take care of these guys while we finish the beast." Jonathan nodded and Gabriel flew down to join the other two angels. Jonathan looked at Sheik and his four friends.

 

"Ready, ancestor?" Jonathan shed the raggedy cloak to expose his forest green samurai armor. So am I!" The four warriors came flying around Sheik at Jonathan. All four of them attacked Jonathan simultaneously. Jonathan was blocking every other strike they made. When the four were about to make the final strike, Jonathan disappeared, and they hit each other.

 

"You imbeciles! Watch your enemy! He is an expert at fighting tricks. Let me show you how to fight him." Sheik flew at Jonathan and they went into a fast-paced matrix like hand-to-hand combat. They threw punches after punch not actually hurting each other. "Don't just watch anymore. Let's finish him off!" The four other warriors joined in the attack. Jonathan couldn't keep up with all the attacks. He was being beaten. Sheik slammed him and Jonathan went flying toward the ground. Jonathan charged a beam spun facing downward and fired at the ground. He went soaring above the fighters. He fired individual shots at each of the warriors to blind them long enough so that he could get between them and send the four warriors in different directions. He did the same slam to Sheik sending him flying to the ground. 

 

Gabriel and the two angels were holding up well until out of nowhere came Diablo. He rammed one of the angels and Lucifer recovered and knocked out the other one. He next headed for Gabriel. He grabbed Gabriel by his neck. "No..." Jonathan boosted his power and teleported underneath Lucifer. He uppercut Lucifer, knocking Gabriel free. Jonathan kicked Diablo across the field. "Get up, Gabriel. I need you to hold them off until my secret weapon  finally arrives. You may be alone now but she will come." Gabriel nodded and launched towards Lucifer & Diablo. Jonathan's four enemies struck while his guard was down. Two of them held him by the arms while the other two struck him repeatedly. Sheik came, readying for the final blow.

 

            "Now," They flew into the sky. Sheik brought his fist up. "YOU DIE!” He started bringing his fist down to strike when someone hit his cheek knocking him away. Roman appeared and knocked away his captors. He put the half-dead Jonathan over his shoulder and flew into a bunch of bushes under a tree across from where Ruby was.

 

            "Good timing, Roman. A moment later and he would have been killed." Mike said. The group was hiding in the bushes with a strange woman. "Mary, what now?"

 

            "Now I make my entrance. Keep Jonathan here and stay hidden." The woman said, getting up to leave the bushes.

 

            "Mary?" Jonathan whispered. Mary stopped and looked at Jonathan. "Mary. You *cough*...you can't win. He..." Mary put a finger to his lips. She nodded and left. "It's too bad that she won't survive to see the Internias Battle."

 

            "Internias Battle? Jonathan what is that?" Emily whispered to him. "Do you mean the battle between you and Sheik?" Jonathan stumbled onto his feet. "Jonathan you shouldn't be getting up!" Roman helped him stand. Jonathan pushed him away and fell to Briana's side. "She is still unconscious."

 

"Take her and run. Run far away from here. You are all in danger here." He yelled hoarsely. 

 

            "But Jonathan, Roman just knocked away Sheik. And you can't win alone in your condition. You know this and still you are trying to get rid of us. Why?!" Mike said, grabbing Jonathan up. Jonathan sighed and frowned.

 

            "Briana. That is why. I believe that she is the Moonseed Queen . This means she plays an important part in this story. You guys are the only ones that can protect her at this point. If I fail then she will release the soul that can destroy Lucifer for sure. And if Lucifer got his hands on her, he could control Heaven and Hell. But maybe we still have a chance. Everyone give me your Armor vests."

 

            "But Jonathan, Hannah and I aren't wearing anything under these." Emily said.

 

            "I understand that but I need the power so I can finish off Lucifer. Don't worry; no one is going to do anything to you." Emily smiled. They started to shed their vests.

 

            "Wait, y'all. Put your vests back on." Mike yelled immediately. "This is not like you, Jonathan. You've never really cared about power before. I have noticed a change in your eyes since Sheik split with you: A red ring around your retina. It has grown some. I wonder...what if Sheik is the good one and what we have here is pure evil. I figure you planned on killing the guys and raping the girls. Without our armors we would be weaker than you, even in this weakened state."

 

            "You are very wise, young one. But you missed one part." Jonathan stood up without wobbling or anything. He had an evil smirk on his face.

 

            "What's that?" Mike said angrily. "What could I possibly have missed?" Jonathan laughed and lunged his fist into Mike's stomach. Mike fell down grasping his stomach, gasping for air.

 

            "It isn't just one part left. Jonathan was made of three parts. Now the real evil splits." Jonathan split again, this time leaving a withered body and a complete duplicate of Jonathan. The withered body fell to the ground. "Now I feel wonderful." The complete body said flexing his muscles. Sheik appeared with Ruby kneeling beside the withered body. "Well Sheik, have you come to help this weakling? Why don't you join the stronger half?"

Please No Javascript="msoCommentHide('_com_9')" Please No Javascript="msoCommentShow('_anchor_9','_com_9')" id="_anchor_9" class="msocomanchor">

   "Enticing offer, but as I remember now, Lord Jonny, respected my choices. He let me do as I willed when we were all trapped in that body. He was truly pure hearted." Sheik stood up and approached the duplicate. "Friends of Lord Joncefer, please take him and go." The group looked confused.

 

            "No, Sheik. I must defeat them here. I must..." The withered body said.

 

"Joncefer...you are in no condition to argue with me. You cannot even stand." Sheik said not taking his eyes off the duplicate.

 

"Look, Johoyshika. I may be on the brink of death but you can heal me and we can win. And you know as well as I do that we need Briana to finish this. If I can fight them then you can save her."

 

"No, Joncefer!" Sheik yelled at the withered form. "You are wrong. She's not the one. Your senses are wrong. She's..." A noise came from the field. Lucifer had his sword at the woman's neck. "Mary, No!" Sheik teleported behind Lucifer and turned the sword on Lucifer. "Get away Mary." The duplicate teleported in front of Mary. She looked up at him from the ground and had her head pushed into the ground by his foot. "What do you want, Jubei?"

 

"Leave Lucifer or she dies." The figure said pushing down on her head. Sheik backed away from Lucifer. "You fool!” The duplicate crushed Mary's head.

 

“NO! You b*****d!” Sheik struck out in rage. He knocked Jubei against a tree, knocking him unconscious. Sheik grabbed Gabriel who was in shock from what he had just witnessed. They teleported to protection in the bushes. Sheik threw Gabriel to the withered Jonathan’s side. “Heal him.” Gabriel looked confused. “Mary is bound to Heaven now which means you are the only one around who can heal him. I just drained the power I needed to heal him when I knocked out Jubei.”

“But…I can’t. I don’t have that power.” Gabriel stuttered still in shock. Sheik cursed under his breath and put his hand over his mouth as he paced, thinking of what to do.

 

“I’ll do it.” Everyone looked at a branch in the tree where a redheaded girl was standing.

 

“How did you get here?” Sheik yelled at her. She jumped down from the tree and knelt down beside Jonathan.

 

“He’s on the edge. It’s a good thing Mary brought me with her.” The girl put her hand on Jonathan’s shriveled chest. She let off a light that covered Jonathan and healed his body. The light dispersed and Jonathan sat up, rubbing his head.

 

“Sara, you shouldn’t be here. He’s not ready for your presence.” Sheik yelled furiously. “He is not a demon!”

 

“Ya know guys. I can hear y’all. And I have to say I disagree with you Sheik. I mean, whom do you think actually stopped Lucifer the last time? It wasn’t Mary.” Jonathan said recovering.

 

“It was King Johoyshika Joncefer Jones Monroe.” Sheik whispered. Jonathan and the girl nodded.

 

“Also known as Jojo Jones, the Key demon.” The girl said

 

“Wait a minute! That’s it. We must take Lucifer to the Immortal Tower again. I’m gonna have to guess and say it’s the Tower of Babel.” Sheik said. Jonathan got up from the ground, wobbling as he did. The group looked dumbfounded.

 

“We’re not going to take him anywhere. We will finish him here!” Jonathan yelled.

"You alone are not the Key demon. We are missing one part. We have Johoyshika Monroe," The girl pointed at Sheik, "and we have Joncefer Monroe." She then pointed at Jonathan. "But we don't have...” The girl stopped.

 

            "Jones Monroe. I'm gonna have to take a guess and say it's Jubei." They all looked at the tree where Jubei lay unconscious. "He did come from Jonathan's mind and he was one of the powerhouses in Jonathan's mind." Sheik looked curiously at Jonathan.

 

            "His name is Jubei Jones. But let's not stay here to find if he really is the last Monroe. Grab Briana and let's go." Jonathan looked at Emily.

 

            "Why can't you two pick her up? Are you scared of her? Huh, afraid?" Emily said picking at Jonathan.

 

            "Don't you wish? But I just don't want to have to carry her. She might attack me when she wakes up." Jonathan laughed. "And you guys can call me Jojo instead of Lord Joncefer. It's a little bit too dignified for my tastes."


Please No Javascript="msoCommentHide('_com_1')" Please No Javascript="msoCommentShow('_anchor_1','_com_1')" language="JavaScript" class="msocomtxt" id="_com_1">
Please No Javascript="msoCommentHide('_com_10')" Please No Javascript="msoCommentShow('_anchor_10','_com_10')" language="JavaScript" class="msocomtxt" id="_com_10">


© 2008 Jonny Hex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This should be a book it's so good. Well worth the long read. Thank you very much.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Added on February 5, 2008