Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by joseph enthusiasm

Prologue

music: “doktorspiele” by alex c. feat.yass

The evening is chilly as I walk down main street. The air is crisp, and the wind blows slightly, enough to ruffle my hair. This is my daily routine, walking endlessly somewhat early in the morning, it’s the only thing I can do to remedy the situation that resides within my, “home.” I glance up the moon hanging high in the air, half full and shedding its pale light throughout the cloudless sky. I sigh, nights like this used to be much more meaningful to me because of the the sheer beauty. Now I see them too often, and they've lost their appeal. Spring, my favorite and the current season is nothing special to me anymore. I stop for a moment and take in the scene before continuing on.
My town is always quiet, it’s a suburb of Atlanta, and it has always been peaceful yet...boring. The town really doesn’t have much to it, but I guess that is really the appeal of it. I walk pass the houses, dark and silent, just like the rest of this little town. I check my watch, one-thirty, and I just keep on. About a half an hour later I reach my house, dig my hand into my pocket and fish out my key. I unlock the door and creep inside, shutting the door quietly behind me. I wince, expecting a slurred voice to immediately call out, “Jonas! Where the f**k have you been!?” Fortunately enough it remains silent. This is what I have to do, come home after my mother is asleep. She is always totally smashed, and my Dad was out of the picture several years back. I kick my shoes off and make my way into my bedroom. I have to do everything somewhat quietly, just to make sure I don’t somehow wake her out of her blacked out sleep. I sigh, happy to not be wandering the streets. My room is always been an escape for me. It’s a calm dark blue, and it’s always been obsessively cleaned. I’ve always been a total neat freak. I lie down and let my mind wander off. I stumble on a few random thoughts about when my music teacher told me I have talent for playing the piano. It’s not really that surprising, my mind is taking me to a better place. I suppose it’s not really that hard, any place is better than here. Still though, the thoughts make me look a little deeper. I shrug my shoulders and think, ‘Maybe I’ll have a chance to use that talent one day, and maybe even get signed?” I chuckle, close my eyes, and drift off into sweet unconsciousness.


© 2010 joseph enthusiasm


Author's Note

joseph enthusiasm
Well this is the very first part of the “Far Away Dreams” reconstruction project. I hope re-finish this story now, that I feel like I’ve furthered my writing skills. It may not be a quick process, but I really feel like I can finish this story again. I was always really proud of finishing a full story that got pretty good reviews. So now, I feel like I can make this story at least a little better!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on February 19, 2010
Last Updated on February 19, 2010


Author

joseph enthusiasm
joseph enthusiasm

Quad Cities, IL



About
My name is Joseph, and I'm seventeen. i impatiently wait all year for february 26. i get along with everyone, unless you give me a reason not to. I used to write, I wish I still did. I'm also a .. more..

Writing