Left for Dead 2: Description

Left for Dead 2: Description

A Story by Joseph Matsuda
"

A first hand interview account with a team member involved on the run about his ordeal fighting against zombies on Left for Dead 2 game.

"
Somewhere in Unknown Location
Interview of  Team Member 'J'




How did you feel during the run?

           The situations when we engaged the zombie - like infected were indeed horrific, but not as frightening as one may imagine. Believe me, if I faced them on day and I held the initiative instead of being ambushed all the way, my adrenaline-rush meter may drop its number.


Where was the location? Was it urban or rural area?

           I had my run on urban area. We went through highways, a building that looked like a motel, rooftops, alley-like, an amusement park, a stadium. 


How do you describe your enemies?

            They are zombies and mutants, at least looked like them, but still human - like though some of them were not. They had dark and or pale skins, looked dead, walked around, rushed maybe bite and scratch survivors. When attacking they were always in large number, even looked massive twice. They came from.. anywhere, scaling walls, fences, breaching rooms and fast. But that where their power at, surprise and large number but still mindless and weak if faced individually.  I saw some special mutations, some of them were really large and looked like monster, able to deliver punch and throw things on us. Some of them may jump and rode us while delivering attack from our shoulder. Some of them tied us from distance with tongue. Some threw liquids that may interfere your sights and another green liquid that reminded me of acid, it may blew itself. And I saw a mutated one that may attack us in frenzy. Their main strategy were surprise, speed and large number.


What kind of engagement did you have?

             From what I had. We had close quarter combat, sharpshooting and melee. There were nothing special with close quarter combat and sharpshooting except that time the enemy didn't 'fire' back at you, so more like cleaning your garden from pest. Melee were the worst, I fought individually closely with the enemy that there were moments I could see their eyes, using anything I had except explosives. It only occurred when there was no line or the enemy successfully overrun us.  The scenery maybe comparable with brawl. Brawl between human and the infected (Smiled and laughed). There was one time I did a charge toward multiple, maybe concentrated, infected using a baseball bat, I just kept swinging. I used their own strategy against them.  Caught unarmed? I was.


What was the most dramatic moment you experienced?

              A last stand that I did on and when I turned back on a rail slope looked at a direction where my teammates supposed to be thinking that I left them behind on Roller Coaster Rush. When I learned that I was trapped on the bridge alone with infected on my front and rear. I started fighting, melee and sidearm combined, switching front and rear to neutralize attackers. I didn't remember in detail how and how long  I went through it, maybe because I focused all my attention and power to down enemies. At that time, I was desperate (I think I thought that time was going to be my end) and thought about telling my teammates to leave me behind. I didn't remember how long time passed till I found Team Member 'W' behind me and that apparently all attackers had been neutralized. Then, I continued the run.


I think that's all question I gave, thank you for your cooperation. Do you have message to other survivors?

                    You're welcome. That's all for now. (Shook hand and stood up)

© 2011 Joseph Matsuda


Author's Note

Joseph Matsuda
Complementary Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead_2

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on July 30, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2011

Author

Joseph Matsuda
Joseph Matsuda

Indonesia



Writing