The deal

The deal

A Poem by Josh Sponsel

As I meet with the devil at the crossroads
for the ownership of your heart,
I lose my soul at this fateful meeting
so we may never be apart

© 2013 Josh Sponsel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how simplistic this one was. Though there are only two lines here that rhyme, it definitely packs an emotional punch for me. Love is a fickle thing. We'd gladly give up our very lives just to be happy with a certain someone. I think every person can relate to the idea of selling themselves to the devil for that one magic person. This poem was well worded and the simplistic imagery was fantastic. Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


"Oh devil I trade not my soul instead take my words. For my words to love are but one that is nonnegotiable. They alone are hefty and worthy of knowing that my heart is one that should never be compromised as I have love for the one I know is my own. For this, I do not call this as a surrender but as terms of which I present. After all shouldn't love be found on an open road instead of a crossroad?"

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful piece...The deal represents the craft of the Devil's eagerness to compromise and negotiate for his own benefit. Outstanding write!!! I am sure we can all relate to this at one time in our life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It makes me think of the show 'Supernatural' but it's a pretty cool poem. Losing a soul to get love. Pretty deep theme.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lee Foreman

10 Years Ago

I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I read it...I thought I was the only one...:-)
Beautiful poem of sacrifice and reward, for if the narrator loses his soul to gain the heart of his love, the sacrifice has its reward, and one must wonder whether it's a sacrifice indeed. I like poems that make me think about such topics as sacrifice, rewards, and selling one's soul to the devil! Thank you for writing and sharing it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sacrifice on one level or another is what can keep us together

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CrochetRie

10 Years Ago

At 16 yrs old? :) This is my baby boy we're talking about! He is very talented!
Although very brief, this is quite clear as to its meaning, and gets it across nicely. Long, flowery poetry is one thing, but sometimes you only need a few words to make yourself heard. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CrochetRie

10 Years Ago

I agree Douglas, thank you!
This sounds like a nice deal ..... I guess :) :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I do like this a lot...Thank you for posting...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Did it? Did it?

A Poem by CRZ