Prayers

Prayers

A Poem by Josh Sponsel

I pray to you to set me free,
as I sit beneath this oaken tree,
you are beautiful just now I see,
for with blindness god hath curséd me

© 2013 Josh Sponsel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved how all 4 of these lines rhymed. The only real concern I have is the phrase "just now I see" in the third line. To me, it doesn't really make sense. I could be the only one but I have never seen an Oak Tree described as "oaken". Those are my only two concerns with this poem and it's probably just me who may have read it incorrectly. But I loved the rhyme and loved how short it was. Tom was right in saying that sometimes the shortest ones make the most impact.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sometimes the shortest forms of expression make the most impact and this is no exception !

Deep, emotive and hits the spot, well done !

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah to what the waves in our heart tell us when we set free something we love? Do we feel a release or do we feel a burden latching onto us as a reminder that we should never do such thing. For our faith is tied to where we place our hearts. As to know that a prayer is a wish in our heart that we must set something free in order to know and open our eyes from a different perspective.

Deeply written and one can make different opinions of this piece. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very Interesting piece....I love how the meaning behind this piece is in the eye of the beholder...Great write!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


very clever write my friend

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is interesting because it gives a light refreshing feel to emotion, without belaboring or over-clarifying the intentions. Poetry doesn't have to be long-winded to be powerful, and this proves the point excellently.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short and nice

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think god should be in capital letter. But as you like.
A very nice poem...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm sitting here watching you play your video games, like kids do. Yet, every day you amaze me with your witty humor and now this clever poem. PAY ATTENTION! ;0 Love you, Kid!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life Life

A Poem by Horizons