still

still

A Poem by joshua deathdealer
"

06/2011

"
yes I still see the world
through mascara tipped eyes
          I still sit silently on the ground
          and contemplate the small things
I still hold firm to epic ideas
such as true love and world peace
          I am still a hopeless romantic 
          forever stuck in this fairy tale
anime still burns my television screen
skinny jeans and etnies still fill my closet
          Even though the majority
          of today's youth has taken our lead
I still don't follow the crowd
silently cutting my own trail
           I still gender bend
           call me what you will
f****t, sissy, freak
I will still stop to smell the flowers  
           I will still jump on my trampoline
           in the pouring rain <3 <3 <3

© 2011 joshua deathdealer


Author's Note

joshua deathdealer

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jump on that trapoline, Joshua. The rain will not dampen spirit such as yours. It's not easy being different, but if you are true to yourself, you will always have inner peace. Lots of empowerment in this introspective write. Just one question...what are "etnies"? I have no clue. Well written. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

joshua deathdealer

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much. (: They are a type a shoe.
Lydia Shutter

10 Years Ago

Ohhhh....thank you for telling me! :)
joshua deathdealer

10 Years Ago

yw and thank you for your beautiful review.



Reviews

I've just become your biggest fan! It's amazing how you mix up really importent things and small things so the world can see that everything matters!!
I really did enjoy this one..
Never stop writting!! Thank you for this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love this ...its good to stay true to who you are on the inside .....:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

At the end of this poem I was left wondering "who am I really?" And I always love poems that make me think at the end. I thought you captured your "I don't give a f***" attitude perfectly. People judge, people love, and people hate, and some are all the same. Thats what the diversity of this world has come to. Its either one or the other, and if you're really lucky, all of the above.

Hopeless romantics often live inside their head, until you find the person where you can share it with them. Everyone needs love sometimes, even if they aren't willing to give it. Expressing insecurity through venomous words is just plain stupid. They might as well get "I'm an insecure douchebag" written on their foreheads. Bullies are completely overrated!! (Even if the word "bully" is an immature title for it.)

Very well written, and I love your style or writing. The format isn't anything I'm used to, so thats intriguing. But this is definitely another one of my favorites.

100/100 + no complaints! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely write. And I love the color difference in the lines--works well!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good for you. Be who you are and don't let the ones who don't appreciate that tear you down because, they either don't understand or they are just jealous that they don't have courage to step out into the world and boldly be who they are without a caring what others think of it, great write. Who you are is lovely. I am a hopeless romantic too.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this..it's perfect:) xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wrote a poem once titled "I still", and it was too painful for me to reread. But now I wish I never deleted it, it was one of my best writings ever. And "I still" think your poetry is amazing. No matter how small people try to make you feel.............you make time to smell the flowers. Favorited.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful, :) Seriously. I love how you tell things with your point and carefree attitude. :D good write

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful poem. Powerful and very optimistic.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1689 Views
65 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: emo, scene, love

Author

joshua deathdealer
joshua deathdealer

Casket City, FL



About
"My trepidation of things past is not a song with a beginning, middle and end. But an endless symphony playing infinite variations on the same theme. One day of sadness fades into another and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..