Thousands

Thousands

A Story by josiewilliams
"

Nothing comes too mind....

"

Thousands of blundering idiots shuffle by, dragging their shackled feet. Chains that are made out of stupidity and despair, are chains never to be broken. Although my chains are lighter than others, I still find it hard to put one foot in front of the other causing those behind me to yell at me and kick me from behind. “I’m not stupid…” I hear someone whimper. Idiot. We’re all stupid, some just less than others, but there’s a special kind of stupidity that wouldn’t even admit its ridiculousness even if it slapped them in the face, that’s the worst kind. There’s an abrupt stop, the movement of the line begins to slow and I inch closer to a blinding light. The light was shaped like a door and there were two tall slinky men polished in all white standing with two clipboards in their hands. When I finally stumble to the front of the line they quickly flicker through their clipboards and said, “Identity confirmed. Enter.”  I tried to ask them question about what lied behind that door, but they just kept repeating the same line, over and over again. “What’s in there?” “Identity confirmed. Enter.” “Why is it so bright?” “Identity confirmed. Enter” “How long am I going to be in there?” “Identity confirmed. Enter.” After about ten questions I decided to just walk in, but I noticed that my chains seemed ever so heavy. 

© 2012 josiewilliams


Author's Note

josiewilliams
pleasee leave comments. everything is welcomed with open arms:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on June 18, 2012
Last Updated on June 18, 2012

Author

josiewilliams
josiewilliams

About
Hi I'm Josie! I just wanted to share my stories with other people to see how they survive despite the criticism or compliment they go through. I hope you enjoy my stories because i enjoy writing them .. more..

Writing