The Lost girl

The Lost girl

A Story by joy
"

A new girl moves to a new school and tries to fit in with the crowd

"

There once was a girl named Clara, who moved from Miami to New York. On her first day of Junior high school, nobody wanted to be her friend because she looked and seemed weird. So she discovered how all the popular girls acted, then Clara knew what to do the next day. 

When Clara walked back home from school, she watched TV, ate dinner, and brushed her teeth without saying a word. The next morning Clara wakes up extra early at 5:30 with a big smile on her face. She gets out of her bed and gets cleaned off, then she puts on  some short- shorts and a small tight shirt. Clara slowly goes down the hall and sneaks into her mom's purse to get her box of makeup. She finally finds a mirror to look in to apply the cosmetics. 

When Clara is all done, she pours herself some frosted flakes and eats very slow since she's still early for school. She then, turns on the TV and watches Adventure Time until 6:15. Next, she grabs her stuff and heads outside to the bus top.

When the bus gets at her street in ten minutes, she takes a deep breathe and walks up the 3 steps hoping people will like her. Clara takes a seat next to one of the popular girls friend Alex. Alex says she likes her outfit. Clara stumbles saying thank you because she can't believe that Alex likes her now. 

The bus comes to a stop and they jump off. Clara takes another deep breathe and enters the really crowded halls. As school was over, over fifteen kids asked her to be their friend. Her plan was finally working. 

When Clara got home she thought that she can loose a little more weight to feel more accepted. So she got on her computer and researched what she can do. Clara found two answers, but she begin to think that going on a starvation diet would be much faster, even though she has to skip out on her favorite meals. But most importantly, Clara thinks all day about what to say if her Mom notices she's not eating. Unfortunately, with all that thinking, Clara fell asleep in ten minutes. Guess she needs to learn to use her brains without wearing out so easily.

The next morning, Clara wakes up and does the exact same thing as she did on her second day of Junior High School, except she skips breakfast. As she heads for the bus, she sits next to Alex again, talking to her about normal things a girl talks about. Alex and Clara step off the bus and head inside the school to get their stuff in the lockers

As Clara is putting her books away, a group of five girls walk up to her and slam her against the locker with a big bump. One of the girls say to Clara, " So I see you're trying to act popular like us, but you're still a loser"  

"If you want to become popular, you have to not respect yourself and others, talk and say negative things, and just be a certain way" Clara knows she was grow up from a christian based home, and knows all of this is against God's will. "I can't do that, Clara says, It's not right." Another girl says " Fine guess you'll just be made fun of a lot " Clara doesn't want that to happen to her so she just makes a deal with them and says yes.

As her first class starts, she works on being popular by, getting rude with people, and just acting like a snotty brat. 

............... After 5 months at Clara's new school, one day she heads to the bathroom and sees the five girls huddled in a circle. One girls says, " Hi Clara, we were just about to go get you" Here she say as she hands Clara a cigarette and a lighter. " Umm... I don't smoke", Clara declares. " But you made a deal with us, so take it", a girl says firm. So Clara takes the cigar and lights it up and begins to smoke it. Clara thinks in her head......... Well at least I'm not getting caught by my mom doing any of this. 

.................. By the time Clara is in 9th grade she has been doing drugs, sexual things out of dread lock, abusing her mom and others. In 

January 7th, 2010, Clara has been sent to Juvenile Detention for a year to get her life straight. Unfortunately, she died of hanging herself in her room in December 2010. A month away from leaving home with her mom.

© 2013 joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on July 1, 2013
Last Updated on July 1, 2013