watercolors

watercolors

A Poem by moments_of_disarray

I am a watercolor....done in subtle strokes. Softly brushed with change. Accented with the contrast of others. Blended into a swirly mess of fears and doubts. Hopes and dreams. A play of light and dark.

Darkness distorts the hue just a bit...blurs the edges and leaves you feeling  discontent and trying to make sense of it. Squint a little harder, make out my insides and give me your impression. And just when you think you finally see......

My brightness brings new clarity. The colors brighten violently and leave you feeling blinded by my optimism. Then you wonder if the blur was just your imagination. Try a little harder, make up your mind and give me your impression. And maybe you will finally see........

ME.

© 2008 moments_of_disarray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the relation between feelings and the different colors used in art. I think it also relates as poetry being an art so I love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Nicely done. I love the effect of this poem.. as though a painting being done and then finally the end product delineated sharply. Beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This poem is really good! The imagery is awesome... I can see everything you talk about in this. I liked the way you wrote the sentences and mixed it all together. It's true, people are watercolors... in what I see, everyone has a bright side and s dark side.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 7, 2008