smoke and mirrors

smoke and mirrors

A Poem by moments_of_disarray

The melody emitted drew me near, weaving an illusion that kept me in awe. Charade of souls meeting and standing on common ground. Your craft and candor not breaking down my walls but dissolving them as if they never were. Your "words" were so colorful and I fell in love with all your painted truths. The knowing of you that seemed like years. Such faith I put in you, a trust no one knew.

But colors fade like smoke and the black begins to show. Remnants drifting in the wind, one wisp at a time. The reality of mediocrity set in as adoration was swept away. Your indifference and subtle cruelty left your pedastal in ruins at my feet.  Your methodical touch, void of anything.  Your shallow mind, not quite deep enough for the likes of me.  Your words unspoken, leaving me to wonder if you exist at all. I once believed the cause was your wounded heart....until I realized the wounds were cut as an excuse....excuses for me alone.

So trivial I am to you, I doubt you will even know this is for you.

© 2008 moments_of_disarray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

reminds me of your so vain you probably think ths song is about you...well it obviously was about him or she wouldn't be singing about him and saying that he will think it is probably about him now would she? lol
anyway i found the form to be a little distracting but i enjoyed the word usage.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I agree. By putting the piece into a more poetic from would be very enhancing it. I loved the words that were used and the colorful meanings. It was a great read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


It's a good composition, but I wonder why you have put this as a poetry. If you would have put it in a poetric pattern in an orthodox way, it would be called poetry coz you have truly used colorful words through out the peice. THis is a well written peice, i think that that you should re-arrange the peice a bit. IT will be great. ~KA~

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


     The Chat Room The Chat Room

A Story by Rain