The Mom that got away

The Mom that got away

A Poem by Samoda
"

intriguing

"
The Mom that got away

She doesn’t know it because in her mind she wasn’t there,
But when she was born for a split second a fusion of love and innocence  Saturated earth’s embodiment.
Now scientist may argue that this was due to some meteoric Activity in outer space but my argument isn’t science; its real life.
It’s the fact that I’ve looked into her eyes and saw something different,
the way she smiles when something is really funny;
jaws a line right beneath her eyes; you can't fake imperfection.
I saw in her every man’s dream and tried to make it my own she saw in me someone to bless with her friendship.
'lets be friends'; those dreaded words plucked my dreams from my grasp like
like the roots of carrots from earth's nesting
and just like earth i felt empty and like dirt
but your words filled that void
for sometimes a special friend being their is equivalent to the most romantic kiss under the moonlight
so I'll admire you constantly and keep your picture centerfold in my mind's gallery

And I dare not talk about her beauty less not this poem never end.
However when life has decided to sneak a couple years by me
 and am sitting with my kids
I will always in secret tell them about their mom that got away.

© 2013 Samoda


Author's Note

Samoda
again guys please try and ignore the grammar, let me know what you think please

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think you're heart's in the right place. The lines are readable, for the most part. This one is my favorite, don't really know why... just something about it: "and just like earth i felt empty and like dirt" Perhaps it's serious and a little funny at the same time. As you wish, if I ignore the grammar there is little to complain about. The message is the message. If I throw the grammar in, you're in deep doo-doo. ;-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you, appreciate it...



Reviews

Wonderful twist and well-laid out without going overdramatic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I have to be honest, this was a little bit hard to read because of the grammar. It made the piece feel choppy. However, I really do love the picture that this poem paints. It's very beautiful, and I adore the ending. Very nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you, sorry about that...
I really loved this one!! It's so sweet and honest. :) Spectacular write. ^_^

100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved the ending. It was unexpected, yet in a way hopeful. I hope to see more wonderful work like this from you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you, i'll try...
Bound In Red

11 Years Ago

I know you can do it. :)
There are great images and phrases here. Deep personal sensitivity."You can't fake imperfection"... Brilliant along with the reference to carrots which I love ( your use not just cooking and eating!). Your picture centrefold in my mind's eye ... centrefold ... so evocative.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you very much... :)
Oh wow! Such an unexpected end! But written with such love and ache. You have a talent, im seeing it more and more ^_^ grammar isn't everything, but it is something, just work on it a little more and you'll be greatness someday.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you, those are very encouraging words.. means alot :)
I think you're heart's in the right place. The lines are readable, for the most part. This one is my favorite, don't really know why... just something about it: "and just like earth i felt empty and like dirt" Perhaps it's serious and a little funny at the same time. As you wish, if I ignore the grammar there is little to complain about. The message is the message. If I throw the grammar in, you're in deep doo-doo. ;-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you, appreciate it...
I really like this poem, especially the "you can't fake imperfection" part. I think you did a wonderful job of portraying "the mom that got away" to the reader so that they can relate and sympathise. Not to mention it's well written and flows.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you:) kind words
MJ Scott

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
We all need that certain someone who does and says the right things. Someone to keep our mind racing and funtioning. But it's clear and known that not everyone sticks around til the end, but it's not always a bad thing. Sometimes people get away from us from once we've got them in our hands...in our minds...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like. Very well written. i love the imagery. Very creative.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank u :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013

Author

Samoda
Samoda

FL



About
I am but a simple young man who just likes serenity. all i ask is honesty towards my poems. I get a good feeling when i feel like structure words properly and paint my thoughts.. and that feeling is s.. more..

Writing
Finaly Finaly

A Poem by Samoda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scribbles Scribbles

A Poem by Whiskurz