Letter to My Best Friend

Letter to My Best Friend

A Poem by Jody Hiteshew
"

A letter from a man to his wife, who recently died, telling her how much he loves and misses her.

"

 
Dear Best Friend,

 

I am writing this letter to tell you how much I love you and how much I miss you.  Since you have been gone, I have thought about everything, from our childhood, to our last days together.  I am so angry that you were taken from me.  I am sure God has his reasons, but I am tired of asking.  I do pray that he takes this pain away, so I can smile again and be happy.  There are no prayers that can take away the sadness I have, knowing that I will never hold you again.

 

When we were young, we held hands, we laughed and we played.  We had hopes and dreams and were so full of ambition.  Oh, how wonderful it was we lived happy and care free.  Innocent, we journeyed into the mysteries of life, exploring our bodies, our hearts and our minds.  I discovered the feel of your warm soft skin, the taste of your lips and the salt in your tears. 

 

We have sat on the beach and watched the waves break.  We have wished upon stars on crystal clear nights.  We have seen the sun rise and seen the sun set.  We have walked hand in hand and faced life together.  There was never an obstacle that could stand in our way.  We did everything together. 

 

When I held you in my arms, sometimes I wanted to squeeze you so tight that I pulled you into me and we became one.  When we made love, it was the most wonderful and amazing experience.  Our timing together was perfect.  We were in complete harmony.

 

At times, we would lie in bed and just talk for hours.  I listened to you and you listened to me.  We could depend on the other for a shoulder to lean on.  Oh my God, you were my best friend. 

 

Whenever I looked into your eyes and you smiled back, a peaceful, warming sensation came over me; I had clarity of mind and felt complete.  You were the answer to the question and always fulfilled the need.  You were my dream come true.  When I feel empty or lost, I think about these.

 

My memories of you will never fade and will always bring joy to my heart.

 

I loved you when we were young.  I loved you the day you left.  And, I have loved you all the days between. If you can read this letter, I want you to know.  If I can love you no more in this world, I will love you forever in Heaven.

 

With all my love,

Your Best Friend.

© 2012 Jody Hiteshew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
Added on August 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: husband, wife, love letter, poem, heart, soul, mind, body, tears, lips