Fishpire

Fishpire

A Story by James

It was a late at night; I was doing what every child was doing my age. Watching scary movies way past my bedtime with my goldfish who was my BFF (best fish forever). As I about to head to the restroom as there was a commercial going on. The commercial said, do you wish your pet could be more than you could ever imagine. After hearing that, I went back to the TV to listen to the commercial. It started to say, do you wish your pet could be more of a friend then you could ever imagine like walk, talk, even go to places and amaze everyone around you! My eyes opened wide in excitement, I grabbed the nearest pin or pencil and a piece of paper to write the number down.

After writing down the number on the paper. I was thinking all the fun we could have and who wouldn't want to talk to a goldfish that had to be a dream for anyone. I ran to find my mom’s purse to find her credit card to buy what they were selling. My mom never hides her purse well it just out in the open like usual in the kitchen table. While, I was looking for her credit card her phone was, how lucky was I it was in there. 

I dialed the number on the phone and to some strange man that answered and ask me, about the product from the commercial. Then he told me the side effects that came with it. Being to excited to even care on what he even said. Then the person on the phone said, just give me the card numbers that you still would like to purchase this product? Telling him yes I still want to and here is the numbers to the credit card. I read the numbers from the card to him over the phone. Then he said, “thank you for the purchase it should come within a few business days.” After hearing that I told him thank you and have a goodnight then we both hanged up. Oh my gosh, I can take my bff to school with me and everyone would want to be friends. After that I was done daydreaming all the fun, we could have.

 I put everything back to where they belong, so my mom wouldn’t notice. Running back to my room to go to bed, so I could get the next few days over with. When I got to my room, I was telling my fish about all the fun and adventures that we will be having. Okay, I should be really going to sleep, and you should as well we are going to be busy the next few days. after a few days. My mom called me to the living room and that a package had arrived. When I got the box, I couldn’t help myself to not run to my room to open it immediately.

 It was a bit tough to open the box from the tape that was keeping it closed. Getting the scissors from my desk and cutting through the tape. I started to tear through the top of the box, it looked like normal fish food. Well fishy, here you go hope you do all the things that we always wanted to do. I waited by the fishbowl, after a while of nothing happening. I threw the fish food or whatever it was in the trashcan in my room. This is such a waste; I am going to play outside to get this out of my mind.

As I left my room, something was happening in my room in that little bowl with the fish. The fish glowed in the bowl and after the glow as faded away the fish has started to grow fangs out of its mouth. After playing at the nearby playground it was starting to get dark fast. I told my friends that, I better start heading back home. As I was walking home and Thinking to myself, hope it isn’t too dark out my mom doesn’t like it, when I stay out too late.

When I got home my mom had dinner prepared, she told me to start eating dinner it was getting a bit cold. We both sit at the table talking about today. We talked about what happened at school, then she started to talk and wonder about the package that in today. Telling her it was nothing just some school stuff. I’m going to go to bed telling his mom. I was getting a bit tired, after I finished my meal. Goodnight I said and see you tomorrow, alright you have a goodnight and sleep well the mom told him. When I got to my room, it took me no time to sleep in my bed.

Later that night, his mom came into his room to kiss him goodnight. As she was leaving the room, the goldfish seized the chance to jump out of the bowl onto her shirt. She felt something hit her, so she turned around and didn’t see anything. Probably nothing and continue to walk out the room. For some strange reason, I had woken up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. Before that I left my room, I noticed that fish wasn’t in his bowl. Thinking to myself and wondering what happened. Maybe I should ask my mom about what happened to my fish. 

Instead of going to the restroom, I thought that my may be awake in her room. After knocking on her door for a while and no answer. Then I proceeded go to my moms room. When I got there, I started to knock while saying mom are you in there? As I opened the door slowly to look inside while turning the light on. My mom was lying face down on the bed. I went to get closer to see, if everything is alright. When I gotten closer to my mom. When I noticed that a wet red spot on the bed next to her. Not thinking on what it could be. Then I started to say mom are you alright? Then I saw something moving around her neck. Getting nervosa on what it could be as I gotten closer to see what it was or is. My goldfish was on her neck and covered in blood. It was that moment, when I got to close the fish turned around to look at me.

It let out a loud chilling hiss that sent a fear through my body. After I ran out of the bedroom, I ran to the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. After a while and saying to myself none of this could be real. Then there were sounds on the other side of the door that sounded like the fish was going down the hallway. I noticed the hole under the door that the fish could go under. I grabbed some towels to stuff it under the door to make sure it couldn’t get in here. After that I was thinking to myself, how could a fish be doing this? Then it came to me the fish food that I bought a few nights ago.

Okay, since it could be the fish food that I fed to the fish. I’ll stay in the bathroom, until there were no sounds anymore. After some time has passed and me staying in the bathtub still terrified of what happen. I was telling myself it should have went away now. Even though there was no noises at all going on. Getting out of the bathtub to open the door to see, if anything was in the hallway. When I got the door opened, I looked down each side of the hallway. There was nothing good telling myself in a low voice, okay let’s just quietly get back to my room.

Slowly going to my room, I closed the door to my room while hoping the fish didn’t decide to come in here to wait on me. Going to my trashcan to find the container of fish food that I never read yet. On a label at the bottom it had a warning what you are holding is experimental fish food. If you experience any problems please call this number. After reading the number to make it stick in my brain. I heard something flopping on the ground behind me. My body froze out of fear from knowing that fish could be behind me right now. Before I could turn around to see what it could be something let out a loud hiss that was just like in my mom’s room.

All I could feel then was something attacked my back. Out of reaction, I fall on my back as I was laying there nothing was happening for a while. I got off the ground to see what happened to the fish. It was on the ground lifeless, I was crying, because that my best friend had died even though it had killed my mom. I grabbed my fish by the tail to flush it down the drain. When I got to the bathroom, I told him that I miss him and wished that you didn't have to go away. I dropped the fish in the toilet, then flushed it the drain. Thinking to myself that everything would be fine, this is nothing but a dream, and I should go to sleep. Everything should be back to normal, my BFF should be back in its fish as well, and mom will be waiting for me.


© 2019 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on July 18, 2019
Last Updated on July 18, 2019
Tags: short story, horror

Author

James
James

VA



About
I just like to write in my free time. more..

Writing