Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Jukebox

Ø

Chapter 1

 

“Hey, Tracey! Um, I was wondering. Will you sign my yearbook?”

“Whatever.” Tracey Conners said grabbing the yearbook that was held open to her. She didn’t care to look up and see who it was so she didn’t bother to write a personal note. All it said was:

Hope you had a great year. Have a fun summer. See you in the fall!

Love, Tracey Conner

It was what she put on every year book every year. Well, every book that is except for Brit’s, Ashley’s, Mason’s, and Eric’s. Her circle of friends always got a more detailed and heartfelt note.

Her hand was aching from all the books she signed. She looked up at the group of people waiting for her to sign their books next. She sighed. She felt like she was some famous author having a book sign for her latest and greatest book that just came out. She couldn’t handle it any more; she needed a break. She walked away from the crowd and pushed open the school’s front doors. She was free. The warm breeze filled her body as she breathed it in. She sat down on a decaying wooden bench not far from the school’s front doors. The sun’s rays beat down upon her head making her hair glimmer.

“What? Tracey Conners can’t handle all the popularity?” She recognized the playful tint in the strong male voice behind her. A hint of a smile broke out onto her lips as she stood up and turned around to see Eric standing behind her. The most gorgeous guy she had ever laid eyes on. And the best part about it was the fact he was hers.

“Uh. Huh. Well, sometimes a Princess needs a break and it look like Princes need one too every once in a while.” She said looking at him mischievously.

“Ya know. I’m not exactly a Prince… yet. I’m waiting for my Princess to kiss me and turn me back. Ribbitt!” She chuckled a little as she walked up to him, wrapped her arms around his neck and planted her lips gently on his. She loved kissing him, it made her feel warm and sheltered.

“No P.D.A. on school property, Mr. Krawley and Miss. Conner.” It was the recognizable voice of our school principal, Ms. Paste. Before Tracey could turn around she heard Eric break out into a hysterical laughter. She turned around and saw Brit leaning against a tree with her arms crossed, grinning like the Cheshire cat. Our own personal impressionist. She could imitate almost any one and get their voice almost perfect. It was a very interesting talent and it always came in handy during school, especially for practical jokes on the teachers.

“What can I say? It’s the last day of school I had to get at least one more practical joke out. And you two were prime targets.” Brit said casually shrugging.

“The only reason you haven’t died yet is because I love you too much.” I said as Eric and I ran, chasing after Brit around the school grounds and parking lot. A few of the students stood there watching the action as Eric and I chased after Brit, but didn’t do or say anything just stared. More students started to gather and watch in silence. I grabbed Brit’s arm and Eric grabbed mine. We unexpectedly tumbled down pretend wrestling with another. We were so busy we didn’t here the doors slam shut and foot steps come up to us.

“What is going on here? Britannia Edwards, Tracey Conner, and Eric Krawley stop this at once and get to my office immediately. The rest of you get back to something constructive or I’ll be handing out detentions even though it’s the last day of school.” That time it was our principal Ms. Paste and she looked stressed. We were once again caught.

“I hate when people call me Britannia.” Brit said as we got up and headed toward her office door down the hall. The door was open and we walked in. She was no where in the room. We all sat down on the chairs in front of her desk and waited. Five minutes past and she still wasn’t there.

“Maybe she forgot.” Eric said hopeful.

“She never forgets.” I said right before Ms. Paste walked in and took her seat behind her desk.

“Sorry about the wait. Now let’s get down to why you’re here. You three should know better than anyone that wrestling is off-limits. I have shown you the school rules how many times this year? I have even lost count. I made you read and write the book of rules yet you still disobey them. What am I supposed to do? I am so sick of dealing with you guys over and over again and whatever I do to discipline you it doesn’t help. You just do it again. You’re going to be seniors next year which means you’re going to be setting the example for the school and if you’re going to behave the same way you did this year this school is going to have a bad reputation. It’s the last day of school which means I can’t suspend or expel you which is what I should’ve done before, but I had faith in the fact that you would change. I hate to admit I was wrong but the truth is what it is. I’m not going to punish you because it would be pointless so I’ll leave you with these last words and please remember and consider them over the summer. You are all brilliant A+ kids. Next year is your last year; please give the school a good reputation even if it means putting others before yourself. Have a good summer. You’re dismissed.” She said looking down at her desk beginning to read a piece of paper that was in front of her. We were all in shock that was like so not what Ms. Paste would’ve ever said or done. We walked out of the office and slouched down the hall.

“Wow! That was extremely mild. Are you sure that was her that said all of that.” I said looking from Brit to Eric.

“I heard she’s not coming back next year.” Brit said putting on a concerned look which was of course fake. I couldn’t help but feel a bit sorry for Ms. Paste. Even though she was a strict principal she still had her reasons and that talk actually helped me to understand where she was coming from. If only it were that simple.

“Do you think it’s because of us? That she’s leaving I mean.” Eric said looking like a puppy dog that was just scolded for chewing a shoe.

“BRRRRRRRING!BRRRRRRRING! BRRRRRRRRRING!”

The classes poured out with students filling the hallways. Ashley and Mason ran up to us.

“I heard you guys like got in trouble.” Ashley said flipping her bright golden blonde locks. She looked concerned.

“What did you guys do this time? Set a tree on fire?” Mason said looking at us with wonder. “No wait you guys already did that.”

“Shut up, Mason. We were just playing around.” Brit said giving him the evil eye.

“What did Ms. Paste do to you guys? If I were her I would’ve run outta ideas at the beginning of the year.” Mason said giving us a hard time.

“Actually she didn’t do anything she just gave us a lecture.” I said looking at him like it was no big deal.

“Wow! Told ya she ran out of ideas.” He said looking impressed with himself.

“I can’t believe you guys got off like that easy.” Ashley said running her fingers through her hair making little wispy curls.

“Yeah. Well it is the end of the school year. What is she going to do?” Eric said lightly as we walked out of the school together. We said our goodbyes and headed home. School was out and it was officially summer.



© 2009 Jukebox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 8, 2009


Author

Jukebox
Jukebox

Candyland, MI



About
I live to please only one and His opinion is all that matters to me. I'm me and I'm perfectly okay with that. Like me, hate me, love me, don't know me it doesn't matter it's who I am and how I'll st.. more..

Writing