Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jules
"

The Prologue

"

 

Prologue
                The five of us are completely and utterly inseparable, now, but we haven’t always been that way. In fact, the five of us are a prime example of worst enemies to best friends, except for a few exceptions.
I’ve known Haley Borrego since the day I was born, well, as much as you possibly can know a person at that age. We were born on the same day, Haley’s a couple hours older than me, and we were put in the nursery next to each other. Our mothers bonded over watching the two of us sleep through the glass window, and from those moments on, our mothers knew we were going to be good friends.
After we left the hospital, our mothers would get together often, leaving Haley and I to nap and play together. As we got older, our mothers continued to get together, and the two of us continued to grow up together.
Rose and Lia became friends in gymnastics when they were three years old.  Eventually talent allowed them to be placed in a level with older girls and so the two of them stuck together, being the youngest. Since they spent so much time in gymnastics, it was almost natural that they became best friends also.
Haley and I didn’t meet Rose and Lia until the four of us were enrolled in the same preschool at Bartlett Beach Academy. Instantly, the pair hated us, and we didn’t exactly love them either. Still to this day, we don’t know why. It wasn’t until kindergarten the next year when Lia quit gymnastics to begin cheerleading and Rose got mad at her. Because of Haley’s sympathetic nature, she took in Lia. At first I was a little doubtful, well as doubtful as a kindergartener can be, of becoming close to her. In the end, Callie and Haley became Callie, Haley and Lia.
As for Rose, she befriended the new girl, Lexi, and war continued between the groups for another two years. In third grade, Lia’s cheerleading coach wanted her to take gymnastics class again and Lia and Rose’s friendship was rekindled by the end of the year. From then on Haley and I were forced to tolerate Lexi and Rose. By the middle of fourth grade, the five of us became the inseparable best friends that we were today. .
Now, we’re all fourteen and preparing to go into high school the coming school year. The only thing was we weren’t all going to high school together. I was planning on attending a boarding school for dance in New York City, a long way away from California. Lia and Lexi were planning on going to a private high school, a few miles outside of Bartlett Beach. Haley and Rose were being homeschooled so they could focus on their activities.
The summer before high school flew by, and I was getting ready to leave for New York. I was spending as much time as I possibly could with my friends and family. Rose, Haley, Lia and Lexi spent a lot of time helping me pack, but I was finally ready to leave.


© 2008 Jules


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a nice start to the book.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 6, 2008


Author

Jules
Jules

MA



About
My name is Julia, but I go by Jules, Jaye or Jaycee (phonetically spelled out initials). I'm fifteen years old. I'm going to be a sophomore in high school, and I'm excited for everything but waking up.. more..

Writing
Chapter One: Callie Chapter One: Callie

A Chapter by Jules