Should Athletes be Payed More Than Doctors?

Should Athletes be Payed More Than Doctors?

A Story by j.m


           You may love to watch sports but are they saving your life? Sure, athletes provide us with entertainment but they get paid up to 1 million per year and doctors are saving lives every day but they get paid about $189,000 a year. Athletes provide entertainment but doctors make the world a better place by helping people to child birth to solving medical mysteries. Sure, athletes love sports but lets say one got a very bad disease, would they go to a football game or the hospital? I think they’d choose the hospital, or at least they should. Athletes are paid too much money that we could be spending or using on other things that are important in this country. They get paid more than the president, for crying out loud, and I think that is terrible because they just play a game and the president runs this country. I see athletes get hurt a lot on tv, and who helps them? Doctors do.

Another reason is athletes don’t have actual jobs and behave badly. They just run around playing children games, throwing balls, shooting balls into hoops, running back and forth down the field. Athletes are not even being acquired because of their skill level any more; it’s all about popularity and how much money that person can bring to that team by attracting more fans, meaning more money. Sure, they are “working” but when they aren’t working they are mostly partying, getting into trouble, and doing nothing productive with their life.

People might say that athletes need to be paid as much as they are because of their high risk of injuries. But, who is helping them with their injuries? Underpaid doctors. Doctors have appointments with patients everyday and stay at work late sometimes and are always saving lives. But they don’t get much money for it but athletes get a lot for just running around for 2 hours. For example Beckham is getting paid 25 million dollars a year for five years, and most doctors would not make that in their lifetimes.

Athletes get paid so much because their fan base is willing to support them. We go to the games, we buy memorabilia, we use the concession stands. By just buying merchandise they earn about 600k! But this does not mean they deserve the money, the money should go to our country and useful things like scholarships, medical stuff, and school.

In conclusion we should be giving more money to doctors and not athletes. Also, that 1 million dollars that athletes earn should go to the country not to entertainment, not athletes. I am not saying athletes shouldn’t get money, I’m saying yes athletes should get money but it shouldn’t be so high.

© 2015 j.m


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015

Author

j.m
j.m

MN



About
i am a sad poet more..

Writing
Not My Reflecton Not My Reflecton

A Book by j.m


The Darkest Dream The Darkest Dream

A Story by j.m