The Story of Me!

The Story of Me!

A Story by Ice QueenJen
"

This is a short writing about me as a woman, and how God wanted us to be treated.

"


The Story of Me!


           I bet you are wondering what tidbits or secrets I'll reveal about my short life here on this planet. Yet this is not going to be an intimate writing, its more about me as the ' fairer sex.'


            Meaning me as a female or woman.


         Many cultures feel we should be hidden away, either inside the home or under layers of clothing. Even here in America, there used to be a saying “ barefoot and pregnant!” Though we have had a somewhat freedom from this kind of thinking, some men still cling to this notion.


        The Bible states in Genesis 1:1 : “ In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Now many don't believe this happened, and that there is no supreme being, but this is my belief. Then in this book, or the Bible it goes onto bringing out how God made man out of dust. Genesis 2:7 brings this out by saying: “ He became a living person or soul” because he was a breathing creature. It also goes on to tell how God made him a home called the “Garden of Eden.”


       As you read on it shows that God felt that it was not good for the man to continue alone. So he made him a helper, as a complement of him. If you have a Bible you can read this at Genesis 2:18, and find out for yourself. But this is when God caused the man to go into a deep sleep, then he took one of his rib bones and created the woman. ( Genesis 2: 21-22) Then in verse 23, we see that God states “ This is at last bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, because from man she was taken.”


           But ask yourself- what if this never actually happened?


       Can you imagine the planet devoid of me, or any other females?


      Look around you right now and picture your world, what would it be like?


  It is like the old adage of the chicken and egg conundrum of which came first.


           So what would the world be like without the fairer sex?


       Well for one thing " there would be no you as a living breathing person on this planet. Because despite what some may think or say, life is not possible without us females! We are a vital part of the equation called ' Life.' Good or bad we exist for a purpose, not to be put down or hidden away in some dark dank room.... or under a shroud of clothing.


     We are and were created with the free will to think for ourselves. So what goes on inside a person's mind is entirely up to them. Some use their minds or creative thoughts in a good way, but others for bad. Like I told a friend, some men are sick in the head. Of course there is an evil presence confined to this planet that takes advantage of the weaknesses of mankind. So they are not fully responsible for their evil actions " whether they are male or female.


   But if there was no females on this planet, then what would happen to Adam " the first man? What would he be doing, having only the animals around. Would he become like them, roaming the desolate planet alone? So whether you believe in God or many Gods, please be kind to the fairer sex and most of all show respect for your mother, sister, or wife if you have one! Because whether you believe or not, none of us living and breathing today wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the first woman created called “Eve!”


© 2015 Ice QueenJen


Author's Note

Ice QueenJen
Now many believe in Evolution or are Atheist, that is completely their right. Also this is just my opinion, along with what I was taught from the Bible. So if you disagree with what is written, then that is your right since we have been given the free will to think like we want.
(picture is from Google images)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

How the West was won

Mighty railroad
Colt 45
Pony Express and
cowboys

That wasnt how
the West was won
not by train
or horse
or trusty gun

But by childbearing
Cooking and rearing
mothers
with
true grit in their guts

Cowgirls in button boots,
check gingham blouses
dirty hands
and broken nails
and hair tied back
out of the eyes

THAT was How The West Was Won.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ice QueenJen

9 Years Ago

Great poem Anto, and it still goes on that way... I just did the dishes, by hand of course; and am o.. read more
ANTO

9 Years Ago

It was a pleasure - your write is ACE ! have a great weekend IceQueenJen!



Reviews

I agree dear Jen. Without woman. Where would we be today? This is a wide open topic. I agree with your statement.
"Of course there is an evil presence confined to this planet that takes advantage of the weaknesses of mankind. So they are not fully responsible for their evil actions " whether they are male or female."
I enjoyed your thoughts in the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


God has created woman and had put her into great respect. A lot misunderstand what God tells Man to do and how to treat women. In Islam which is no different than any other religion as a lot misunderstand, God has given women a very high rank. God told Man to take care of her, spoil her, get a good house, people to help her, pays her whatever she needs, even in breastfeeding she must take salary from the husband if she wished to breastfeed. He tells man to treat her equally and gently. But a lot takes verses from the Quran and mistranslate it and people believe them cuz they dont spend much time really reading the Quran and seeing for themselves that what is being said is untrue.....

When God told us to cover our body, it was not like the people think cuz we are a bad thing and need to be away from people. First of all a lot misunderstand the idea of hegab and how it is actually done. It is not like other translate. Hegab (scarf) is a way to identify a good moslem, to say that she could be trusted, that she respects her religion, that she would not be taken as a fool and she knows her role well in life as a woman and a mother. That people should treat her through her mind and not through her body as many men do. Virgin Mary wore her scarf to say that her soul is much much higher than the earthy things and so many women before and after her.

Society without women there would be no love, affection, mothers to bring up a good society. In addition women are important to give the world.

Bible, Taura, Quran all said the same thing, it praised women and gave her the greatest of things :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


How the West was won

Mighty railroad
Colt 45
Pony Express and
cowboys

That wasnt how
the West was won
not by train
or horse
or trusty gun

But by childbearing
Cooking and rearing
mothers
with
true grit in their guts

Cowgirls in button boots,
check gingham blouses
dirty hands
and broken nails
and hair tied back
out of the eyes

THAT was How The West Was Won.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ice QueenJen

9 Years Ago

Great poem Anto, and it still goes on that way... I just did the dishes, by hand of course; and am o.. read more
ANTO

9 Years Ago

It was a pleasure - your write is ACE ! have a great weekend IceQueenJen!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2015
Last Updated on February 13, 2015

Author

Ice QueenJen
Ice QueenJen

Bakersfield, CA



About
Not only am I a woman, but a mother, friend, and hopefully the best person I could be. I have begun to broaden my horizons and get into writing poetry. But I also am an artist, and I am trying my ha.. more..

Writing
Gods? Gods?

A Poem by Ice QueenJen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


volition volition

A Poem by Latifa