Her Silence Speaks

Her Silence Speaks

A Poem by justjenn_2u

So many words left to say 


Still, words are left unspoken


He hunted me as his prey


I am still left unbroken


Darkness filled every crevice


My strength began to fail me


Cold dark eyes, conveyed sickness


Invaded, but now I see


Alone with no protection


Screams, no ears to hear my cries


I want resuscitation


I still see his evil eyes


His wicked rape erupted


Justice was never prevailed


Jurors were all corrupted


A tainted man, left unjailed


Pain staking, this ill rape culture


Broken bits of dignity


Choked by a corrupt vulture


Karma works out brilliantly


As smoking guns make fire


.......His fate will soon expire......

© 2012 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A layered and haunting piece that lays heavy on the heart. The heart and soul of you that resonates through this is palpable, Jenn. Your dark tone captures the essence of fear and pain, healing and expired fate. Time helps the healing as one journeys through the darkness.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So much pain.. just so haunting... can feel your utter anguish... the injustice of it all... Makes me angry at the system... and makes me feel such sorrow that you had to face this... Your poetry is fiercely honest.. a transparency in something so horrid... Wanting your heart to fly again.. up where you deserve... Oh, precious friend..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jenn, this gives me chills and at the same time makes me angry(not at you). Just one thought I'd like to add...dignity is yours and yours alone...not for someone else to take or bruise. I'd also add hope to this...it makes me feel hope at the end that indeed justice will be served. We all meet our maker someday...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It has been to long since Jenn has posted a new piece. And the Poetic World has been poorer for her absence. The wait is over... And if this new piece is a glimpse of things to come then Jenn has been far from Idol in her absence. Jenn brrings to the table a new steal with this piece. This piece is about Violence towards a Woman. That makes this a Brave piece to post. Words such as Tainted and Corrupt and Broken jump off the page. I like the way this starts off in the past. Jenns lines scream at the reader "This is what is is like to be invaded" "Everytime I close my eyes I see him" "Don't tell me you know what it is like for you have no idea" Then the poem moves in to the present and the betrayal of this woman by the Justice system. It would appear that all men are considered free no matter what they have done in todays America. Then finally the poem moves in to the future - with a veiled threat - Justice will be served on you. Some day some where you will pay for what you have done. This is never an easy subject to tackle and i applaud Jenn's construction of this piece. It is strong and honest and there in lies its strength. She is one brave woamn to post this. I hope that this piece will do more than just be read I hope that this piece will speak to "others" who may have gone through something similar. For there is strength in numbers . Amazing Piece So very Proud.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your lines poignantly reflect the reality rupture of sexual violence unwanted. Yet there is a resilience, a toughness revealing the untouchable dignity of the soul. And a staunch faith that evil does not go unpunished, despite appearances. What goes around, comes around. Strong testimonial.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

732 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 16, 2012
Last Updated on October 16, 2012

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sullen Sullen

A Poem by justjenn_2u


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet