Mercy

Mercy

A Poem by justjenn_2u

Instrumental euphony plays amongst us so gently
Heart is filled with a divine inspired conviction
Eyes stare upward at the monumental cross intently

Mind shutters of His body enduring such affliction
Chills cover me in remembrance of His unselfishness

Eyes fill up with tears as I am yearning to scream
“Jesus, I want to touch you and your worthiness,
May your light flow into me as a river in a stream”

You died for me and you’re the reason why I live

© 2010 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am not religious, but that doesn't mean I can't see a beautiful piece of writing when I see one...
Great work,
All the best regards,
Tamer

Posted 13 Years Ago


:) so profound and so precise! :) God is good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


To God Be The Glory.
He is great.
Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice, a canvas of prayer written through the love of your soul.

Art

Posted 14 Years Ago


thats very pretty, and emotional, even though i am not religous anymore, i still enjoyed it as far as the writing part goes.

Posted 14 Years Ago


hmmmm... pretty religious... the emotion is strong and is obviously genuine...
i liked it!
i'm aspired by your devotion and your insight... though we do not share the same conviction nor the same spirituality... but i was intensely touched!
keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


So true and every knee will bow. For He is the king of glory. The intellectual and the ignorant shall all be amazed when God's wisdom is revealed. For we all need His real mercy and and His real grace. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh my Justjenn_2u, this is simply beautiful. I can see you have embraced Jesus Christ, and he loves us so much. This should be a scripture that eveyone has on a notecard placed in their Bibles. Although profound, I'm speaking the truth. Thanks for this. nice job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Institutionalized Christianity has made a sado-masochistic orgy of a shamanic-Gnostic ritual referring to everyone's cross-roads re egoity or transcendence.

Emotional empathy with a literalizing of the crucifixion can be sensitizing, if not unduly bought as an unidentified pagan sacrifice, the "dying for sins" number that is psycho-pathological. "Sin" is lack of intelligence re the Great Matter of Existence Itself, and is invariably a self-fulfilling prophecy of suffering, if not a full-on wallow.

Spirituality is a subject as -- no, MORE -- precise than science, and obviously more demanding. Without transcendence-in-place of all opinionated attachments, there is no real spiritual intelligence. The crisp whole insight that God is the great orphaned Clearing of such Awareness, makes it disturbingly clear why most religious stories don't do much more than maintain a cohesion to willful dysfunctionality. Even the bible refers to "by their fruits shall you know them" -- WHERE ARE THE FRUITS OF CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM? Buddhism and Advaita Vedanta are NOT religions in this mythic sense, because they contain ACTUAL PRACTICES for the Awakening from second-hand illusions. OK, there IS an inner tradition to Christianity, and Islam -- the contemplative tradition of the Desert Fathers, of Meister Eckhart, and the Sufism of Rumi. But this is as far beyond BELIEVING a mythic construct as a yogi in meditation is beyond a street babbler. And significantly, the mainstream exoteric politics of Christianity and Islam have a dark persistent history of murdering their own esoteric mystics. There have been untold numbers of "Jesuses" slain and unslain, and we all evolve into that archetype.

Salvationism is not glorious. It IS the affliction referred to.

Your lines are well-written, but I feel strongly about this issue, and the only way I can address it even more directly, besides meticulously rewriting the above is to say this: the being on the cross is YOU and ME and EVERYONE.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1731 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 16, 2010

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..