weekend sex change.

weekend sex change.

A Story by K. Edward Warmoth
"

do I put "none?"

"

There wasn't any signal on the phone. It was a touch-screen paper weight for now.

 

I opened the bathroom door not too long after I had shut it, sliding the phone back into my pocket and using my right hand to turn off the left-handed light switch. From both ends of the hallway, I could hear the unfiltered noise of drinking youths and laughing. Deciding to go towards the front of the house, I stopped when I heard the harsh call of someone clearing their nostrils.

 

Within two seconds, I was going the opposite way, towards the back of the house, towards someone's bedroom. The door is partially open and I pray to chance that I know someone in the room.

 

"Share?" is the first thing that tumbles out of my mouth as I slip into the bright room. Wu Tang's playing and there's a pill on the table, crushed to bits with a lighter and a business card, organized into little lines. Everyone's sitting around with wide eyes and singing words to themselves, subbing out notions for conversations.

 

A short girl whom I had met the previous weekend fumbles a rolled up dollar in between her tiny fingers. She looks up at me with my sister's eyes and smiles. "Of course. I told you to come back here, silly." I don't remember her saying this.

 

I think for a second that she wants to f**k me.

 

But that is not what I want.

 

Like a bumbling boy proposing for marriage (with only John Cusack films to guide him), I'm down on one knee quickly, my face to the table, ready to change my perspective. I pause. Maybe I should ask what it is first.

 

I point to it and simply say "this?" She smiles and brushes a bleached blonde hair strand out of her face, "you'll like it, don't worry." I am not satisfied in the least with that answer. But I have a headache that needs to disappear and a reality that needs altering.

 

So I do them.

 

...

 

There was a racket from the hallway. Apparently they came in through the windows and tackled our children, started f*****g the women, began f*****g the men next. I didn't really see much of the family after that.

© 2011 K. Edward Warmoth


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
Added on April 10, 2011
Last Updated on April 10, 2011
Tags: kai, words

Author

K. Edward Warmoth
K. Edward Warmoth

Indianapolis, IN



About
no degrees, no merits, no awards, no splendor. more..

Writing