Reality

Reality

A Poem by Kaanu Rennie

Reality

By: Ka’anu Rennie

Reality hits me right in the chest

It knocks the air out of my one good lung

leaving me breathless, thrashing my hands out for mercy,peace, love, hope

Until I thought I saw mercy throw me a rope.

But the rope just disintegrated, disappeared as my dull mind denied the thought of anything disappearing through the thick thin air that takes the water out of my eyes.

The air took the W out of Will leaving me ill.

Have you ever just needed a reason?

A reason to believe, a reason to life, a reason to the bizarre fairy tales like cinderella, snow white or Rapunzel. Why they end with “And they live happily ever after”

Reason is what we need to feed our hungering minds, to feed our mind comfort, or happily ever after.

In the end there isn't going to be a happily ever after, because when reality hits...

all the balance fumbles and tumbles taking you a ride through what life really is.

Reality prys your eyes open from bedtime to 3 a.m giving you reason to think of all of lifes problems, then mourn for everyone else.


Reality will mess up the organized files, lined up neatly on white bleaches walls.

Then he will engrave the color; dark ash black or loosen the bolts and screws as they fall forever into a dark black abyss.


Reality will later say “Its time to go”

Then leave you different, until you pray to God, to hopefully find what you always needed and wanted to find...

© 2015 Kaanu Rennie


Author's Note

Kaanu Rennie
please give honest feedback, and im sorry grammar may not be the best.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 12, 2015
Tags: reality, poetry, reason, positive

Author

Kaanu Rennie
Kaanu Rennie

Philadelphia, PA



About
Teenager who likes writing and poetry more..

Writing