From heaven's lap

From heaven's lap

A Story by Kajal Gulabani
"

Men are men till they get a wife, but, daughters will be daughters throughout their lives.

"
Behind every successful man, there is a woman and behind smiles, there are daughters. I can still feel those little fingers brushing my cheek and that sparkle in those miraculous eyes.

‘It’s a baby Girl”! The most unforgettable words of my life... my little doll wrapped in a white muslin engulfing inexplicable enigma within her, nested in my shaking arms ,eight years back. ‘Welcome to motherhood’!! I uttered with pride.

The day I named her was the day I renamed and reframed my own self. She gifted me an unfathomable strength and supreme confidence by just being there, curled in my lap. Her birth transformed me from a vulnerable home maker to a complete human. Somehow unknowingly these little fairies fill the vacuum in our lives like Mother Goddess filling voids in her lovers’ hearts with her charisma and love. Words can’t measure the magic their silence spreads during noir nights, washing away the loneliness.

As I admired my daughter growing every single day, the beauty of her feminism shed in each step she learned to take. Waddles - Crawls- Cuddles- Giggles are indeed every parent’s jewels. The boundless charm which our ‘walking talking dolls’ withhold, showers the purity of the dew. Daughters are not only special, they are blessings in disguise.

‘How do I look Maa?’ imitating their mommies in front of the mirror and putting a curious face, barbies and Hanna Montanna’s, rhymes and chimes, Disneys and minnies, bed time stories, buddies and tiffs and many more ‘rock n roll’ moments !!!They are not growing alone through them but a part of us has been growing along too.

Presto, these moments will take the shape of everlasting memories and leave an unchangeable agony behind someday. “A dream come true” D day embellished with a sacred knot, as divine as heaven and as tranquil as a soul, is the most aspired dream yet the most painful one. It is beyond human capacities to comprehend the conflicting emotions this blissful day unfolds. Each ‘shaadi ka phera” leaves it’s footprints in our hearts and every tear flashes a childhood tale.

Reality hits hard, memories hit harder!!!

The reason to smile is a daughter. The lucky charm is a daughter!!! The flurries of emotions daughters imbibe will remain indescribable even in the forthcoming decades.

Roses spread their fragrance �" Moon smiles away the clouds,
Stars brighten their twinkle �" When daughters bless the grounds!!!

© 2012 Kajal Gulabani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah Sir.. Its a long wait. But still the D Day will bring enormous glories attached.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Women are the glue that holds family together. The story helps a man with no daughters to better understand why this is so. I liked the powerful emotions that gender illicits in the author.

The prose is interesting in that the author chooses to (I assume intentionally) omit from her memory musings diapers and crying and the up-all-night fevers that come with raising her prodigy. Perhaps this is embodied in her statement that memories hit harder than reality. Good work again.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kajal Gulabani

11 Years Ago

Thank you ...
What a beautiful way to describe the love you have for your daughter. Wait until she presents you with a grandchild as did my daughter. I did not want to believe I was old enough to be a grandfather. When he came he not only changed my mind but my life, for the better.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2012
Last Updated on December 2, 2012
Tags: Daughter, Love, Longing, Pain, Happiness

Author

Kajal Gulabani
Kajal Gulabani

Ahmedabad, Shilaj, India



Writing