An air of Cinematography

An air of Cinematography

A Story by Kajal Gulabani

Recently, rather last week (to be more precise), I visited a new multiplex in the town. It's this fever of Aashiqui 2 movie that's going viral all over, drew me too in it's vicinity. Gone are the days of few cinema houses with a handful of viewers. NOW, every area of each district and city has a movie theatre or may be two and the viewers have become largely handful. 
Reason being- an excessively grown movie mania. 
Romantics, action,2D and 3-D are all in the air apart from love. An impact which Spiderman and Harry Potter leave on kids need not be mentioned. It is visible from street stalls to shopping malls. Same goes with Chota Bheem, Shinchan, snow whites and cindrellas. Right from Clothes to stationery, they are smiling away in every shape, colour and size. 'Bunking' has always been most happening amongst the teenagers and cinema being a prime reason for the same. Thanks to the Silver and golden jubilees in love stories that have capitalised marriage ratio in the countries(fortunately or unfortunately is now on the couples to decide. Movies have done their bit). 
The moment a sound track hits the board, it undergoes a flight of fancies in the dream worlds for many.
Not only this, ask a kid to recite school poems and they would stammer, recollect and somehow finish. Whereas, ask him to sing one of the hit songs and he would not only sing it away and rejoice but dance along as well. Upcoming movie trailers, chartbusters and these mammoth sized hoardings accessorise the whole concept of movie-magnetism. 
The percentage of population applauding our political and national leaders in comparison to those holding banners for film stars is deteriorating. How many of us actually give a standing ovation to the national anthem played in the beginning of few movies ? We are either busy holding popcorn baskets or eagerly waiting for the movie to begin . At times I also wonder the masala names given in our Indian cinema. Hilarious, influential, entertaining and what not !!! 
The name 'Dil Se' can only be thought 'Dimag Se', 'Matru ki Bijli ka man dola' literally lures the crowd to at least find out who can play Matru !! LOL
I have heard of so many Rathore guys, but Rowdy Rathore..oops! Can't miss seeing. 
This air of cinema-to-graphy is swirling upon each one of us, leading to an explosive typhoon with it's travelling speed. BEWARE... 

© 2013 Kajal Gulabani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I remember the days of small movie houses...I rmemeber the days of large movie houses...now nothing is left but the multiplexes...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kajal Gulabani

10 Years Ago

I second that :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on May 22, 2013
Last Updated on May 22, 2013
Tags: Cinema, air, movie, theatre, kids

Author

Kajal Gulabani
Kajal Gulabani

Ahmedabad, Shilaj, India



Writing