Story Behind Cresswell Academy

Story Behind Cresswell Academy

A Story by Kate Rivet
"

If you have read "Footprints in the Snow", "The Plan", "Bad Grades", and "The Toro Incident" this adds a little backstory to Cresswell academy and the main characters

"
This stories takes place on the Cresswell Academy campus. Cresswell is a private school that sits on a manmade island on Lake Michigan. The campus is surrounded by beautiful nature and is a tranquil learning environment. Cresswell’s main objective is to help kids. They are known to rescue kids from a sure home lives, poverty, or other unpleasant living situations. While they do aim to correct misbehaved minors, they also want to educate them and give them a future.
At the academy, there is an overwhelming majority of students that are either first responders or special operations agents. No this is not your stereotypical spy school, in addition to rescuing kids, the school also wants to serve and protect the people. The students choose wether or not they want to serve. If they wish to serve, they undergo a basic training regardless of the branch they choose. Once they complete that then they choose. The first responders work with police from each town and their main objective is to get to the scene of a situation first, assess the problem and take action if needed. Special operation agents go in assignments such as retrieval, recovery, rescue, undercover operations and information gathering.
Similar to other Cresswell tales, this one centers around the adventures and mishaps of the president and Vice President of the student council and their friends. The president is Kate Rivet and her right hand gal is vice prez Susanna Fravell. Their clique includes Fravell’s first responder partner, Jack Dean, First responder pilots Dale Press and Chad Freelance, special operation partners Reid Rellan and Lenny Right, first responder brothers, Nick and Rider Blue, and regular students, Samantha Bloom, Tina Regan, Rachel White, John Makino, and and Julia Rivers.
At Cresswell, the first responders and special opts are ranked. Rank F is the lowest and normally the highest rank is A but for extremely exceptional students, it’s Rank S. Kate is ranked A and is senior officer in special opts while Susanna is the senior officer for the first responders. Susanna is Ranked F but that's be choice. She is actually one of the only two Ranked S.
Unbeknownst to the majority of the student body, and even to her own clique, Susanna was one of the original founders of the academy. She founded the academy with her friend, Naomi Whatts. When Susanna was nine years old, she was among one of the many caught up in a bank robbery. She, along with her mother, and other innocent civilians were held hostage and when one hostage rebelled he was killed right on the spot. This was witnessed by young Susanna and deeply effected her. This is where she drew her inspiration from because of two reasons; the man killed was a father of three and the mother killed herself shortly after causing their children to be bounced around from one foster home to another. Susanna wanted the power to be able to help then and give them a childhood where they could live a carefree life and not have to worry about all the moving around. The other reason was Susanna felt like if law enforcement had gotten there quickly the hostage wouldn't have had to defend himself so she set out to create a faster system of getting first responders on site so no kid will ever have to witness what she saw and so that families aren't torn apart.
Five years later, Susanna met Naomi and shared her experience and ideas with her and thus the two set out to create the academy. Naomi’s father, Mason Whatts, was a politician so the two girls turned to him for help. The told him their ideas and expressed their desire to help people. So Mason decided to become Cresswell’s first headmaster and put their plan into action, building the academy from the ground up. He helped hire staff and set up the system but it was the girls who designed everything. They wanted to create a campus where it felt like home, to give kids who didn't one. Susanna didn't want it to feel like school, she wanted it to feel like a welcoming town so in addition to the school, attractions such as movie theaters, recreational centers (bowling, putt-putt, rock climbing, etc.), shopping plazas, and restaurants. These were all places students could work to earn money if they chose not to become a special opts agent or first responder.
When the academy first opened they took in all the kids in foster care and worked from there. Susanna trained the students and after a while became a special operations agent with Naomi. They posed as the Knights of Cresswell. Susanna was know as the Blue Knight who wore a growling blue ask and wielded a sword and gin that were all black with blue swirl designs. Naomi was the Red Knight and wielded the same weapons as Susanna except her’s were red and she wore a red mask. The two worked their way up through the ranks maintaining an astounding 100% success rate. However one night the two girls made a fatal mistake and one had to pay the price.
The assignment was simple, retrieve some classified information that could lead to the whereabouts of a dangerous terrorist, Victor Blade. The Knights successfully infiltrated the facility and downloaded the information onto their devices however it was revealed to be a trap by none other than Victor himself. He had hacked into Cresswell’s system and planted the fake assignment. Cresswell sent other agents out to attempt to stop the ambush however they got there too late. Victor had already killed Naomi and was about to shoot Susanna when backup arrived. Susanna was devastated by the loss of her best friend.
Susanna wasn't the only one devastated by Naomi’s death. Mason was shocked to hear his daughter was killed. He became severely depressed and then angry. He held Susanna responsible for Naomi’s death and proceeded to ruin her life. He began to cyberbully her posing as her classmates. When Mason found this didn't faze her, he ostracized her from her peers. He spread horrible rumors and even threaten the students, making them submit to him or else they would suffer the consequences. In addition to the rumors, headmaster demoted Susanna from Rank S to Rank F. That wasn’t enough though, the Cresswell Headmaster was slowly losing his sanity, he began kidnapping students and took pleasure in torturing them. After torturing the students, he would kill them and then go out and find more students. Susanna found out about that and made a deal with the corrupted headmaster. In exchange for the student’s safety, she would let Mason do anything he wanted with her. So he freed the students and held Susanna captive. He slit her writs and forced her to tell people that is was her who was self-harming herself.
Susanna’s friends began noticing her injuries from the headmaster and suspected something was going on. They knew the headmaster was up to something but they didn’t have any evidence to make a case. Then one day she disappeared all together and her friends went searching for her. Still suspicious of the headmaster, they decided to follow him and see if he would lead them to her. Sure enough he did, Kate called for law enforcement and the headmaster was arrested. They got there just in time because the headmaster about to kill Susanna.
After The Cresswell Corruption Case, Kate’s uncle, Phil Rivet, became headmaster and Susanna switched from special opts to first responder. During her first call, Susanna found a suicidal teenager. He stood about 6’2” had blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Susanna approached with caution fully aware of the fact that any sudden movements could scare him and he could fall of the bridge he was wanting to jump from. Susanna learned that his name was Taylor Stevens and he had recently been kicked out of his house by his workaholic parents who only saw him as a burden. Taylor felt alone in the world having no family or friends to rely on. Susanna shared her own experience with him expressing that she too was lonely. Susanna reached her hand out and asked Taylor to take it and promised him that if he came to Cresswell he will never be lonely again. With some hesitation, Taylor took her hand and she helped him down from the railing. Taylor later described Susanna as having a soothing aura that could calm and heal souls. With this feeling, Taylor fell to his knees and began to cry, overcome with joy because he realized he was no longer alone. As he cried Susanna held him while comforting him.
Taylor was brought back to the campus where he was quickly accepted into Susanna’s clique. Taylor noticed Susanna’s cold and distant attitude and her friends tell him about the corruption. Taylor decided s to repay Susanna for saving him by saving her. He began reaching his hand out to her and helps her come out of her shell while also restoring her trust in people. Before he realized it, Taylor was falling for Susanna and did he know she too was falling for him. They began dating and everything went smoothly for a year.
A little more than a year after dating, Susanna and Taylor decided to go on a date in Susanna’s hometown. She was waiting for him at a corner but he never showed. About an hour of waiting Susanna went looking for him. She found Taylor sitting at a red light and was about to wave to him she heard gunshots. She looked over at Taylor’s truck and saw that the windshield had completely shattered. Susanna ran over to the door and opened it. Taylor stumbled out and collapsed in her arms. She desperately tried to stop the bleeding but there were way too many wounds. Taylor caressed Susanna's cheek declaring his love for her and then he died. Susanna wailed in agony and the tears began falling nonstop. She heard a chuckle and looked up to see none other than Victor Blade standing in front of her with a gun. He laughed at her agony and taunted her before walking away. Susanna was in too much shock to chase after him.
Following Taylor’s death, Susanna began working around the clock to try to track Victor down. She was trying to keep herself busy however she forgot to eat. Susanna became severely underweight and it got to a point to where she couldn't hold down solid food. Her friends stuck by her though and helped her regain some weight back and thanks to newcomer Jack Dean she is finally able to accept Taylor’s death.
Susanna also suffers from Memory Lapses. Memory Lapses are very rare and only happen to individuals who have been through sever trauma. It initially started off as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) however it evolved into Memory Lapses. A Memory Lapse is when the person begins to suffer sudden flashbacks of the traumatic experience. Hallucinations are very common because it is like there person is reliving their experience. The first sign of a Memory Lapse is when the person appears to be spacing out and kind of out of it however they soon collapse and in Susanna’s case she goes into cardiac arrest because of how sever the trauma was. After coming back from cardiac arrest she commonly suffers from Post Cardiac Arrest Syndrome (PCAS) where parts of her body loses function for a short time because he oxygen flow was cut off from her brain. Since going into cardiac is so serious the chances of Susanna not coming back are very low so she tries to avoid
triggers. Due to the strain it puts on her body the doctors don’t expect her to make it to her thirties.
Despite all pain and hardships, Susanna stated, “even though things were rough and I was in so much pain, I wouldn't have it any other way. The pain has made me stronger and made me the person I am today. If all of it hadn't happened, then I would've never gotten to meet so many people or make so many friends”.


© 2017 Kate Rivet


Author's Note

Kate Rivet
As far is I know Memory Lapses and PCAS are not actual medical conditions they are entirely fiction I am by no means a medical professional however this is a fictional story soooooo yeah lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on December 1, 2017
Last Updated on December 1, 2017

Author

Kate Rivet
Kate Rivet

Jasper, IN



About
Just a high school student who loves to write more..

Writing
Bad Grades Bad Grades

A Story by Kate Rivet