Former Kenyan prime minister defended over 2017 presidential candidacy

Former Kenyan prime minister defended over 2017 presidential candidacy

A Story by EVANS KANINI
"

If Dr Evans Kidero really loves Kenyans and Cord, then it is imperative that he steers clear off the path he appears to have taken and bid his time- FORA boss Micah Kigen pictured top right

"
Current challenges in Kenya's Orange Democratic Movement making some people imagine that party leader Raila Odinga could be on his last political legs is a welcome test which all members and leaders within the party should seize to re-invigorate the party and shame those wishing the country's most influential political outfit doom, chairman of the Friends For Raila (FORA) lobby group Micah Kigen says.

"It is during times of trouble and trials that a leader's and an organization's resolve, strength, commitment and resilience are proved. Anything to the contrary spells doom. The example of Jesus Christ when tempted by Satan himself  whom he rebuked and turned away is a valid lesson", he charged in a strongly-worded press statement.

The chairman exhorted all ODM loyalists and supporters to rally behind Raila Odinga and help him restore order in the party as soon as possible as the party braces itself for victory in 2017.

"Those peddling speculation about Raila's heir having been identified should be rebuked and counseled back into the ODM house. Raila is our sure bet for 2017. We cannot afford to gamble with that ticket at this time", Kigen cautioned.

He continued:

"Our brother- Nairobi County Governor Dr. Evans Kidero, whom some quarters appear to be encouraging to challenge Raila for the 2017 ticket, is humbly advised not to play into the hands of the enemies of the people of Kenya".

ODM opponents, the chairman pointed out, fully understand that a united ODM and Cord has a big potential of wresting power from the current occupants of the highest seat in the land during the next polls.

It is for this reason that government apparatchiks are burning midnight oil to split ODM's bedrock support in regions as their best savior, Kigen contended.

"They thus could have infiltrated our ranks and belief that if Dr. Kidero is misled to vie,  Nyanza votes will be badly split to curtail Raila Odinga's march to State House", he asserted.

If Dr Kidero really loves Kenyans and the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (Cord), the Fora boss advised, he should steer clear off the path he appears to have taken and bid his time.

"He is still young enough to wait for 2027 when Raila will be retiring from the Presidency. But not now. What will Dr. Kidero gain if he splits our votes in 2017 to enable Jubilee retain power and misrule Kenya while he just remains an ordinary mwanainchi (commoner) leaking wounds of defeat?" Kigen posed.

The same applies to other Cord members currently effervescing with hot political adrenaline, the chairman charged

"Let them cool down and look at the bigger picture.  For sure if they vie in 2017, they know it, as well as their supporters and we also know it too, that they will only serve in facilitating Jubilee's undesired retention of power to the disadvantage of the opposition which will lose. Let us all open our eyes and refuse to be divided. Our unity is our victory, protector and insurance against a bleak future", Kigen concluded.











© 2014 EVANS KANINI


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 19, 2014
Tags: challenges, challenges in life, challenges of issues

Author

EVANS KANINI
EVANS KANINI

Nairobi, East Africa, Kenya



About
I am a Kenyan writer, specializing on a variety of human interest stories in general. I write on health, agriculture, democracy, human rights, governance and education. I do have a family constantly .. more..

Writing