An open letter to Liz Mitchell, the voice of Bony M

An open letter to Liz Mitchell, the voice of Bony M

A Story by EVANS KANINI
"

Hooray Liz Mitchell ! Merry Christmas Liz Mitchell ! Happy New Year Liz Mitchell ! You made us happy with Ma Baker, Daddy Cool, Children of Paradise, By the Rivers of Babylon and the iconic Rasputin

"
"Dear Madam,

I take this golden moment to wish you the best Christmas in your life and may you have all the prosperity you need in the New Year.

You are in the category of the world's finest!

You are one person I will never forget all my life, Liz Mitchell, pictured top right.

You made the world happy with unique and incredibly great hit songs! Yes, heart-rending melodies!

Bony M which you led, and which was a successful disco/pop band of the 70s, is unforgettable in the history of music. It shook the world and rocked the earth!

You are a living legend, Liz Mitchell!

Party

I was at a party last night in the outskirts of Nairobi.

There was a big screen and we were all happy watching you sing the evergreen hits.

You made us comfortable and overjoyed with the sizzling Ma baker, Belfast, Daddy Cool, Children of Paradise, the iconic Rasputin and By the Rivers of Babylon last night.

Everybody was happy taking a drink as we watched you on the giant screen.

What a wonderful woman in the world! We all stated, glued to the screen.  

Then I told the exhilarated guests that you were born in Clarendon Parish, Jamaica, and that sensational singer Adero Saran is your daughter. Guests were all excited!

Your songs will live from generation to generation many, many centuries to come.

You are a great entertainer and singer, Liz Mitchell.You thrilled the world together with Marcia Barret, Maizie Williams and our late brother Bobby Farrell, an exceptional dancer with great skills and acrobatic dance moves, and who was a DJ in Holland before joining the original, mighty Bony M.

Liz Mitchell, you have created a lasting legacy in music.

Your songs are playing everywhere in this East African country this festive season, and everything is fabulous!

So, bye bye, Liz Mitchell. Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year once again!

All the best and long life there, where you live in the United Kingdom!

Good health to you too! May you live to blow a thousand candles, Liz Mitchell! Cheers!

Yours Sincerely,

Evans Kanini,

Kenya."






© 2014 EVANS KANINI


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

572 Views
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014
Tags: Legend, Legacy, Legendary

Author

EVANS KANINI
EVANS KANINI

Nairobi, East Africa, Kenya



About
I am a Kenyan writer, specializing on a variety of human interest stories in general. I write on health, agriculture, democracy, human rights, governance and education. I do have a family constantly .. more..

Writing