MY VISION

MY VISION

A Poem by kanyinsola okafor
"

"...in a country filled with Defying-Negativities, I dare to dream of possibilities. . ." A monologue.

"
  I am certain of what I see. The name I bear does not matter as much as the change that I am bound to create, I am still one person with the same DNA, and the same love of Nigeria burning brightly in my heart.
   I see "a better Nigeria"; improved in the system of health care and administration, infrastructure and facilities, expertise and services rendered to its Nigerian citizens.
   A future where medical students are drilled in the science of their profession. Where medical doctors and nurses and health care providers no longer go on strike. Where patients are not left to die or live at the mercy of their ailments; because of a lack in the sufficiency of medical staff/personnel to attend to them, or, their inability to provide funds (which is due to poverty) to pay for medical bills (as it is usually "Pay Before Service"), or, the lack of the sufficient knowledge and expertise on the part of the medical personnel/team to effectively and validly identify the cause of ailment and the best approach to treatment.
This latter is in turn due to the limitations of knowledge in the Nigerian educational system caused by the "Neglect of the Nigerian Leaders" to the Educational System, which has led to its Regression. Neglect manifested in ways such as the "Misappropriation" of educational funds,  "Insensitivity" to the needs of Nigerian students, "Indifference" to the health needs of Nigerian citizens, Etcetera.
    In a country filled with Defying-Negativities, I dare to dream of possibilities,  and reach out for that which is out of sight as I envision "A Better Nigeria "..."A Health Conscious Nigeria".


© 2018 kanyinsola okafor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very nice poem. Also, where are you from in NC?

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 24, 2015
Last Updated on September 1, 2018

Author

kanyinsola okafor
kanyinsola okafor

NC



About
I am inspired by everything around and within me, writing is a passion I lost but I sought to find again. . . A proud Nigerian, A proud African more..

Writing