The Little Old Woman

The Little Old Woman

A Story by Katerina

She couldn't stop the waterfalls that ran down her cheeks. Every night she would hug her pillow and cry until she fell asleep. She would wonder what her point of living was and most of the time couldn't find one. One day, she promised, one day someone will give me a reason to continue living. Someone will realize I'm not something you can beat up and expect not to break.Someone who will love me with their entire heart and sacrifice their own happiness for me.Things are never a fairy tale ending. She lived alone for years and years just waiting for someone. She never lost her faith in her prince charming. She grew older and soon enough, was on her death bed. No one had come to see her. She cried and somewhere inside of her she still found a sliver of hope. She took  her last breath by the window overlooking the path to the village, waiting for him to come.To her last very moment she still believed her prince charming was out there. He could have gotten lost or maybe hes still looking for me, she reasoned but there was never a prince charming. There was never someone out there who was only for her. The girl waited and waited on someone who didn't exist and it got her no where. The girl never realized that she was the source of her happiness. She was the only one who could save her. She was her prince. She was her savior. My advice to you is to never look for happiness; fore it is inside of you.

© 2013 Katerina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. Nice font and short and snappy. Reminds me of my nan. Maybe a few tweaks such as spacing the text out a bit more. However nonetheless it was a brilliant story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This was a good one...Thank you for sharing...)...................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Many charming girls wait for prince charming who never come.
Life has other pleasures too.
Enjoyed your write.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013

Author

Katerina
Katerina

About
I write when I'm sad. most of it i don't even read over. its just something i do quite often. more..

Writing
People People

A Story by Katerina


Innocent Eyes Innocent Eyes

A Story by Katerina


Hope Hope

A Story by Katerina