Into the freezer, confessions of a wal-mart associate

Into the freezer, confessions of a wal-mart associate

A Story by kattya!

 

Because this is wal-mart, everything must be in blue. honestly i laughed. but what can be done? this is wal-mart, and i am an employee, so i must follow the rules. except where the cameras cant see me, then i'll do as i please. for the most part.

 

i stepped out of the freezer wearing my triditional blue sweat shirt with blue undershirt, and kackie pants. pulling the pallet jack behind me i hear pablo say "hey Gato!" with his heavy mexi accent. he always makes me smile, one of the few joys of working at wal-mart is being the only one in the bakery or deli that pablo talks to. he's scared of girls. he wont admit it, b/c he is mexican, but he is. actually i think it's more that he's just scared of people, and espically megan. i'm not sure how pablo could be scared of megan, he's nearly 6' tall and much stronget than her, while she stands barely 5' tall. i dont know. still he talks to me, and i enjoy the fact that it amazes my co-workers. "sup pablo" is my response.

 

then he comes over. "hey, you like spicy foods right?" ilook at him, wondering what he's getting at. "ummm.... sure."

"here, i wana see you eat this jalapeno" he states while he nick and brent look at me expectantly.

"ok.." i walk over take a bite. some gets stuck in my braces. damn braces. it's really jucy, jucier than i expected. i swallow, and show them my empty mouth. that was a mistake. now i can feel the heat from the oil and seeds.

"i have to get back to work" i say turning away so they dont see the hot tears leaking out of my eyes. oh well.

© 2008 kattya!


Author's Note

kattya!
this is the first of many entries, i hope you enjoy my expearences as i relate them to you! feel free to comment and critque my work!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol..good work

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2008

Author

kattya!
kattya!

alden, MN



About
i loved english in school, i love to write, anything and everything. from journaling, to creative writing, to poetry. i love nature. more..

Writing