-Chapter 6-

-Chapter 6-

A Chapter by Alya Usman
"

Finally! I finally wrote it!

"

CHPATER 6--------------------------------

 

 

 

“Tran?” The man’s voice was soft and gentle. “Your name is Tran, right?”

“Yes… I am Tran.” Tran replied, his voice timid and weak.

Everything was blurring. There was no clear image; as if a dew drop had been magnified.

“Well, boy… Follow me. There is someone who’d like to meet you.”

“Who… may I ask, sir?”

“Your cousin. Sayii Namus.”

 

 

 

Tran’s eyes shot open; his face wet with perspiration. He sat up and took deep breaths. “A… a dream…” Tran pressed his eyes with his fingers. He paused for a moment, then looked up and searched the room. He was in his cabin. “How did I get here?”

 

Muri was sleeping on the floor, her body shivering with cold.

 

Tran narrowed his eyes at the sleeping girl, and sighed. He pushed the blanket off his legs and stood up. “Idiot.” He cursed Muri in a low voice. “Who told you to carry me all the way here? You should have let me collapsed there in the dark.” He knelt beside her and kept observing her for some time. “And then you exchanged beds with me.” He punched her head slightly with his fist. “Idiot.”

 

He sighed again, took off his jacket, and threw it open on Muri’s body. “Sleep tight.” He kissed her forehead and stood up, staring outside the window. He narrowed his eyes at the moon. “That… that devil took it away! He took it away!” He threw his head his head to his side, with sadness welled in his eyes. “Hear that, Sayii?” He was quiet for a while. Sayii… Sayii. Sayii! Sayii!!! 

 

Tran spun around hastily and threw a glance around the small home. “Sayii! Where is Sayii?!” He clenched his teeth. “Where did she… where did she go?!”

 

He went to Sayii’s personal table and found a note on it. Shakily, he began to open the piece of paper.

 

Tran,

 

I am leaving. I have reasons. Don’t look for me.

 

Sayii.

Tran crippled the paper in his palm, grounding his teeth angrily. “Idiot… what’s going in your mind!?” He collected his breath. “Yeah, yeah. Go and create problems for me.”

 

He walked to the door, turned his head to look over his shoulder, at Muri. “I’ll be back soon.” Threw open the door, and vanished into the darkness of the night.

 

 

“Tran?” Her voice was intensely frail.

“Sayii… Are you okay? What happened to you? Why are you bleeding so much?”

A blurred smile. “Like everyone else, I too was attacked by the demons… and so I-” She winced in pain. “Argh! I…I just wanted to see you one last time.”’

“What are you talking about?” An unsatisfied smile. “We still have to go to the carnival! The annual carnival of Yournville!”

“But… But Tran… Yournville is destroyed.”

“That was what you always wanted, right?” Blurred tears. “And I wasn’t able to fulfill that dream of yours… please give me more time! Sayii… please!”

A soft hand of the girl on his. “It’s okay. You tried your best.”

Eyes close.

Gone.

 

 

Sayii, in the dark, was standing in a place where there were ruins all around. The air was calm but it fell heavily on Sayii. She lessened her eyes at the full moon, and then looked at a huge, broken and fallen piece of metal – a Ferris wheel; fallen and dead like the ruins. She kept observing it.

 

 

“This place… I know this place.”



© 2009 Alya Usman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was good, sorry to say i haven't read to much of this. =( , so i wish i could say something about charcters and everything but i can't. Detail was good and dialouge real, very well writen. good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 22, 2009


Author

Alya Usman
Alya Usman

Pakistan



About
Aspiring author. more..

Writing