Love Eternal

Love Eternal

A Story by Lee Rhodes

The sky was bleak and gray that day.
The sea, an icy abyss to anyone who even dared jump in, stretched on for miles and miles under the cloudy sky. The waves lapped at the coarse sandthat lay soggy beneath their bare feet.
Two women.
One full of life, and the other barely alive. Locked in a powerful embrace beneath the shrouded sun.
The wind was thick and cold with the spray of the salty sea.
Both women clung together, staring deeply out into the murky world.

The past few months had been hard.
Everyday meant one step closer to death, and both women knew it.
For you see, one of the women had been diagnosed with Leukemia 7 months prior.
They spent every second as if it were their last, but time had never been very kind to them.
The woman had only one month left to live.

One dark, lonely month full of stale laughter and arduous goodbyes. Pained smiles. Knowing. Always knowing.
The happiness would soon die. The diseas would take hold and steal away the smiles. Steal away all the good times, and the kisses and the nights, waking up, intertwined, hearts beating as one.
The happiness would die. Ripped apart and replaced by broken hearts and tearstained eyes.
Better to hold on for dear life. Hold on as long as possible. And never let the love die.
Love is an eteral beauty and Death is a wall, broken down and beaten. To overcome is to forgive.

She forgives the Lord.
The cruel,careless "God", for stealing her precious angel away.
As he lifts her up by unbroken wings.
To kiss her face and sing her to sleep with an eternal lullaby.

© 2013 Lee Rhodes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautifully written, very sad piece...reminds me somewhat of the movie "Beaches"--

and that time passes too fast and the inevitable gets closer...and closes in, destroying what smiles and laughter were left.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is bittersweet. Tragic, yes, but heartfelt. :) I loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lee Rhodes

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Avocations of Amber

11 Years Ago

my pleasure! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 27, 2013
Last Updated on April 27, 2013

Author

Lee Rhodes
Lee Rhodes

Memphis, TN



About
I'm a poet at heart, and I'm always dreaming. I love books alot, though I tend to stay away from most teen fiction and romance novels. I love classics and my favorite author is Ray Bradbury, who has h.. more..

Writing
Eclipse Eclipse

A Poem by Lee Rhodes


Stars Stars

A Poem by Lee Rhodes